The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700XT
    I have similar RAM usage, so that's fine, but before I start the game I first start Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC program.

2. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    GS 285
    LVL 23
    SLEEP 0

3. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I still get some really bad stuttering at times. There's no consistency to it. Can be only @ start of game. Then sometimes only when loading assets of a new area, sometimes out of nowhere for no damn reason, sometimes deciding to sprint ...I can play 3 hours without it, then it will happen 5 times in 2 minutes and eventually goes away for a while and comes back around. 2080/6700k/32gb/500gb ssd, latest nvidia drivers, did it on last set as well. DX12 enabled. Now that I typed that I'm remembering it's probably that? DX12 working stutter-free for you guru's?

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700XT
    SerotoNiN : when I accept a new mission (I'm inside building, then leave) or move somewhere via fast travel, it for half second stutter but then it's immediately back to normal.
    I have the game installed on fast NVME disk, so that's probably why it's barely noticeable.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019

5. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Skill Up has a part 1 of his TD2 review up if anyone is interested

Amaze likes this.
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Anyone else experienced these "bugged" shadows during the day? Look at the cable and the balcony.

Not sure if it's a setting or something...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    Yeah the shadows are awful, some of the worst I've seen in a long time. Like Skyrim bad.

I also had to downclock a bit as my GPU is getting hammered in this game. Dropped 50 on the core.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    The cascades I guess and level of detail and clipping for performance reasons, I don't remember it being as bad in the first game but they might have scaled down the shadow cascades and level of detail and the whole clipping and that for the sequel even without PCSS or HFTS. (I didn't use those in Division 1 though due to the performance hit from these.)

EDIT: CSM or cascade shadow mapping, use a high-res shadow map and extent it over the entire world without it being too impactful on performance overall but it can require a pretty high shadow resolution and then it gradually reduces for each cascade with only the first cascade near the player having full detail.

Witcher 3 and the common tweak to change it up from 4096 to 6144 or 81920 for example which then it starts hitting performance quite noticeably.

Used in a ton of other games though many open world ones as a balance of image quality and performance though custom methods like NVIDIA PCSS (And later HFTS.) or AMD CHS for example. (Think contact hardened shadows were mainly associated with AMD at least.)

A decade or so and if ray-tracing can be a thing that ought to do it, even for something like Tomb Raider however it seems to hit performance by 40% or more though so there is a cost and that game isn't completely open world.
    (Not that you'd go for rays way off into the distance when using a mix/hybrid solution I'd imagine, balance the cost of the effect and maintain close range quality perhaps, I'm not very good at how this works.)

9. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XCUltra
    I've been getting these momentary stutters after about an hour or two of gameplay. Was running 16GB of RAM - decided to throw in the other 2 sticks of ram to take me back to 32GB of RAM. I took 2 sticks out when I first upgraded to Ryzen due to stability issues, seems the latest bios has fixed that. Been playing all afternoon with 32GB of ram and no stuttering at all.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Because it takeas longer until memory leak kicks in!?

11. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    The odd stutter is still there even on 32gb ram, confirmed.

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Both confirmend then i guess...

13. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Im not getting those stutters or memory issues, Im using the Koshyjohn memory cleaner though.

Used to use it for Tarkov memory leaks and now i use it all the time and honestly ive not had memory issues with anything since ive installed it.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Easy Anti Cheat has quite a allocation of memory from what I am reading though I'm using a fairly large pagefile since HDD space isn't a issue so that's apparently where much of that ends up (~6 GB or so is what I am reading for reported figuires, I'm using 8 just because this is a large drive so it doesn't hinder anything.) will see if monitoring usage can be done what with EAC here but 4 hour sessions during the evening and the only stutter comes from server hiccups and high player numbers but one big change is that I am also using higher settings with a 30 FPS cap so that's 33.3ms for a frame graph instead of 16.6ms for 60 FPS thus more time for effects and what not though RAM and CPU are struggling.
    (Never been too bothered by framerate so I noticed I was sitting at the 40 FPS range thus capping to 30 and smooth though not 60-smooth and definitively not above, that's going to require a 2080 or higher for GPU and I'd imagine 16 some GB DDR4 RAM and a Intel 8000 series 6-core CPU would be nice too heh well cores and threaded so the 2700 from AMD probably works too.)

(Or reducing the settings that barely make a dent for image quality but certainly dent the framerate, volumetric lighting we meet again!)

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Beta at least had a memory leak issue where the game would crash after an extended playtime, maybe that bug isn't completely fixed yet / affects some systems still.

Based on my monitoring during Beta Division 2 is very similar to Division 1 in that it is GPU bound basically 100 % of the time, if you're using any half-decent CPU with at least 4 cores.
    For reference CPU usage for me was around 30 - 40 % mark overall and quite even per core.

(With my previous Haswell i5 build Div. 1 would have 60 ... 80 % CPU usage but still headroom left).

16. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm surprised Angry Joe bothered to review the game knowing his dislike for the first one but he went and did it anyway and tbh I thought it was a pretty fair review-

Long story short, game's fun but not without flaws, has bugs and balancing issues that will probably get fixed soon'ish.

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    There is a stuttering issue that starts after some time and you need to restart the client in order to fix it. Something like the BETA had and they recommended to restart the client. I think it started right after the last maintenance.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Hmm interesting, there is a client patch coming so maybe that can improve it and now I need to see about checking what the game is doing, normally SpecialK is what I use for it's CPU, RAM and frame pace monitoring capabilities but with EAC I guess it has to be via the Windows 10 tools that the OS provides. Wonder if there's API differences too (I'm on D3D11 since I'm also using ReShade.) and then there's third party programs and other injectors.

I know the Uplay overlay has a leakage issue but I killed that thing since I don't need it. :p (Renamed the .dll, no nag-prompt from the client on how I disabled the overlay - yes I know, I *disabled* the overlay after all, thanks client. - and no trying to run in the background anyway such what Steam does though the overlay also has other functionality in this case.)

19. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700XT
    Client patch coming? when, where did you read it mate? :)

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    They do weekly status updates on the Ubisoft forums which is also copied to Reddit where I looked on the current roadmap for the game.

State of the game March 13th.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b0lpjq/state_of_the_game_march_13th_2019/

March 20th.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b39hyo/state_of_the_game_march_20th_2019/

Server patch should be out now plus some extra maintenance from yesterday I think leaving the client patch though it doesn't have a ETA but should be close since it usually follows downtime for when they patch or adjust data from the server side of things. :)

EDIT: And the link to the server patch notes.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...ivision_2_maintenance_patch_notes_march_22nd/