1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    No problems here.

I had problems with the drone 1st, which "follows" your enemies. Thing is, you need to hurt one 1st and then you can press Q/E to attack the enemy. But when done this you can also press Q/E on other enemys. Dont know if that is bugged, but it has nothing to do with awreness when they spotted you. You always need to shoot one 1st and then it triggers the Q/E pressing on others.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  2. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, it's a bugger and hopefully they'll fix it quickly as it's my only major complaint right now.

It hasn't hindered my progression, but it's a pain when you get a great position, put the turret up to cover your back and then get shot in the back because it has bugged and depopped after 5 seconds of being active :mad:

3. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I have also encountered it today, even though it worked fine. Apparently it's a problem with the gear giving skill CD reduction. So swap all of it and it should work again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...re_my_skills_turning_off_and_triggering_a_15/

BangTail likes this.
  4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Absolutely loving it so far! Runs better than beta for me or at least feels like it. Gonna try and Direct 12 it now!

Few quick question, do you leave settlement side mission and control point until the end game? i guess or will loot/reward stay the same and doesnt scale? Ive done my first Control point, got loads of great loot but all like level 4 :D

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    All the crates at control points except for the large orange one respawn. I guess you could wait to loot it later, but I doubt that's going to make a large difference.

AndreasGuido likes this.
  6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Pro Tips from me:
    - some doors can be shot to open
    - if you see a rope up there you can shoot it and it should fall down to you
    - if you shoot big armored bosses dont do so while being in cover around a corner. Move away from the corner and shoot around it while zoomed in so you can hit his right leg & hip area. He can't hit you this way.

7. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    youre going to want to complete the control points quickly as you get to a new zone. controlling all points then unlocks the zones projects, whose xp rewards scale according to wat level you are when the projects are accessible initially.

if you want, you can leave the large yellow SHD crates within each control point unopened until lvl30 - they have a high chance to roll very powerful gear. i personally wouldnt recommend skipping side missions tho, thats really only useful if youre power leveling. the side missions always give you 1/3rd of your xp bar, calculated from your lvl when you start the mission...so it does make sense from a pure numbers standpoint to save them til late game...

however im very close to max level (havent been rushing nor have i dawdled) & have done each side mission as its available. despite this, i still have a number of side missions to complete & the strongholds themselves. so its not really a matter of late game grinding, just ask yourself whether or not you want a few more field proficiency caches once youre lvl30 in exchange for making things more complicated before that :p

AndreasGuido likes this.
  8. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    The fixer drone is bugged, often it disappears a couple of seconds after you spawn it and goes on a 15s cooldown. Happens all the time.

9. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Not for me...

Its if you have cooldown reduction on your gear it can cause the 15 sec cd bug

10. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Well, of course, I have loads of cdr, I'm not just going to throw it away.

The way I see it, Ubi will fix this, I'm not throwing my gear away because it has cdr

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

Yah, not messing with my build either, no doubt it will be sorted in the next patch.

Kind of sucks that World Tier 5 isn't in yet, When you click the Tidal basin mission at World Tier 4 you get a screen telling you everything it will be adding but no release date, at any rate, I'm maxed out now, just wandering around doing random stuff and exploring

12. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

I'm not either,Good gear is good gear lol.

I have cdr on my gear but no bug using the drone and sniper turret. Its an odd bug

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Lol, yeah man, i was just about to ask that. Very annoying. Usually i dont use health in solo play, neither did i in TD1, but it really comes in handy i notcied. ;) but only ofc it issnt bugged. Apparently it issnt bugged when you active it when theres no fight and it just follows you.

Have to try the chem weapon perk then, its good you only need to press Q/E and it immediately sprays in front of your feets.

Also had the bug where i couldnt throw my turret before engaging. Animation was in, my char had it in his hands, but no throw indicator, etc. abortion with RMB also didnt work. 1st time i encountered this, level11 now. I could only throw it then when enemies were aware of me and there was "a fight".

Game is also is constantly crashing in dx11 every 2-3 hours. DX12 kind of works better, but not "the promised" lesser texture pop-ins, its the same in dx11/12 for me. But i also read the crashes with dx12 are more frequently with less than 6gb vram,....

Edit: My turrent is now constantly bugged as described. You also cant destroy it manually anymore...
    The Seeker minde is the same buggy mess as the drone....sigh...very annoying. Hope they fix that crap asap.

14. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well if you already have a ton of CD reduction gear, you could just use chem launcher, where it would make it outright OP to have a massive heal on a 15s CD.

15. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Yeah, will look into the chem launcher.

Also, I don't have a "ton" of cdr, but I do have quite a bit atm. My gear is changing a lot right now because I'm 425GS and so I'm just throwing on whatever highest GS pieces I find to hit that 450GS. Once there, I'll start optimising the build.

EDIT: Another "pro tip" (cringe)... You can go back to your captured control point and loot the boxes again, apart from the large box. They respawn after some time, not sure how long though.

16. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Is it just me or does holding down the default button (Z) doesn't work when asked to teleport to a mission's entrance? I see the animation finish, but no teleporting happens.

17. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    Hmm good tip about CDR, I don't think I have much but it's far more annoying to have the skills behaving as they are, I'm only level 19 so there's nothing I'm overly attached to!

18. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    to be fair, you can easily beat the game story mode and unlock WT4 even with the "broken" fixer drone. I just switched to the healing Chem Launcher anyway, while waiting for the fix.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Happens from time to time for me (lvl 7 atm) but Ubi stated that a fix is in the works :)

I was reading a thread about it on Ubi forums (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2013107-Turret-and-Drone-keep-randomly-disappearing/page3) and people are complaining saying "Its such a nasty issue, making the game almost unplayable for many. People are already moving on to other games." :D Such drama. It's not like having a broken skill is game breaking and you're stuck or something. Having a turret or a drone gives the player a small edge for sure but it's most definitely possible to progress in the game without it :D

20. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    The internet is full of infants who feel entitled. I'm glad they're moving on to other games.

SerotoNiN and BangTail like this.