1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I have nothing but praise for the guys from the dev team who are working through the weekend to get bugs squashed asap and ensuring the game gets off to the strongest possible start.

Well played boys and girls!

I'll gladly take a few hours of downtime if it benefits the game in the long run

SpajdrEX likes this.
  2. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    alt+f4

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
  4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Checking video now, thanks! :)

Hoping this latest patch fixed the new skills bug where you launch them, they stop withing a couple of seconds then cool down for 15 seconds, renders them useless.

5. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    i don't remember them being infinite, i remember them going away if you keep shooting them for a while.

6. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz

pharma likes this.
  7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Alright, I'll give it a shot - thanks for the tip about /quit!

8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Damn I am not one bit disappointed with this game 10 hours in. I think they nailed the difficulty really well so that you can solo the missions quite well as long as you got your wits with you. I like the armour fixer drone though it could honestly do with a small buff, I initially ran with that and Pulse as Pulse was something I used a lot in TD1 but its been made almost useless now so as soon as I could I unlocked the turret and I'm now rocking my way through Washington DC, that little thing is such fun to use just like in TD1.

I might be in the minority here but I'm a complete clothing whore! I keep exploring all the nooks and crannies just to find new bits of outfit and I get totally excited when I find a new Polo or a V-Neck :p

BangTail, SpajdrEX and DocStrangelove like this.
  9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Level 14 now and i'm finding great weapons atm, M60 and Police M4 are my fav.

BangTail likes this.
  10. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    372.54 :p

11. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    You should have a M60 blueprint at some point, think you get it from projects. I mentioned it above, craft a new one every 2-3 levels and hope for a good roll. Helps immensely while levelling.

I just got WT3, completing Roosevelt Island to unlock it. Played in a group and OMG what a game.

GS 347 right now, hoping to get up to 375 tomorrow and unlock WT4. Playing in group is amazing. The strongholds are pretty hard, what I find interesting that once you beat the story for the first time and play through some missions to unlock World Tiers, the missions are different. It's not just copy and paste.

Love the game, so good and looking at the map, I could spend too many hours messing with the open world. Ubi nailed this. Brilliant.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  12. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Pro tip on the fixer drone (or any skill, really)... If you use the drone and get through a fight and still have the drone out but don't need it, hold the button (E or Q) to cancel it. It's cooldown will be cut short so that you can use it sooner again.

About vanity items, I managed to get a black tux from a box today, goes nice with jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hat :) Yeeeehaaaaa

Repo Man likes this.
  13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    I didnt play much but afaik, the pulse in TD1 was different as you got buffs from it , too, also your teammates. Now you have an extra skill for the buffs.

Loot is random. I already found 2 purple with level 4 and 6 with two extra skills.

This "pro" tip has been mentioned earlier and everyone who played TD1 should know this by now. :D If i recall right, its even explained in the game. But who is reading all that stuff anyway, right? ^^

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  14. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah, M60 is OP, especially if you put muzzle break on it to improve stability. I use shotgun as second weapon to deal with rushers if I need to reload. Before I used M60 I tried to rush with shotgun and a shield. It's quite fun and perfectly possible, but riskier as some enemies can get behind you and at higher difficulties it would definitely mean death.

On the other hand the skills are quite underwhelming. The shield has it's uses I suppose and so does the fixer drone. But pretty much everything else is kinda useless to me. I'm especially disappointed in the flamer turret. As the effect is great, but since it only works in a cone, it's very difficult to use effectively.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    There's usually a hanging crate near the hideouts and such too, lockboxes can give nice stuff too and most missions have hidden secrets such as electronically locked doors and switches that lead to chests though mostly the random mid-range version or weapon locker though there are exceptions, found a dead body in a corner near the island with the outcasts which had plans to I think it was a mod for the launcher and a weapon skin (Pitch black, might be random.) and for end-game it seems these faction lockboxes can contain exotics or at least plans and parts for crafting them and then the hunters and the ivory chest in the white house though key drops aren't 100% so it might be a bit of a grind and these are apparently also quite tough to fight.

RNG plays a factor though, hit level 13 now after exploring the whole map (Avoiding just about anything in the western areas I think it would be.) and picking up what I could for the division boxes and now it's off doing missions in order. Got a nice yellow grade M249 or what they're called IRL though MG's have a pretty poor accuracy rating and the reload time can be a problem. AI's much better even if they also still have a tendency to rush so falling back and using chokepoints works really well for solo play including using support like the "healing" herb grenade launcher or well I suppose you only really heal your armor in this one now. :p

Most chests respawn too but the hanging ones and other secrets are non-respawning, few also contain little accessories like a early on being a dog-tag and then there's the backpack figurines like those from participation in the beta.
    (Random backpacks and such occasionally though far less often than in the first game can also give out minor accessory/outfit items, seems you do get a premium key every fifth level too for a chance at lootbox premium cosmetic items.)

Sewers can be useful too but occasionally they're patrolled and sometimes the high-difficulty tier enemies are down there so instead of aerosol huff hyena man it's some arse with a shock baton ha ha.

SpajdrEX likes this.

16. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    I kinda hate myself for calling it a "pro tip". I cringed when I typed that. Maybe I was drunk, dunno. Still, handy for those who didn't know.

Grimbarian likes this.
  17. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    It's just a shame skills are so broken right now, throw a turret, it sits there for a few seconds then ends and cools down for 15 seconds. Sometimes skills will work ok but it's very hit and miss, getting project rewards is also very buggy, twice now I've completed a project and go to the Theater for my reward and nothing happens when I speak to the project supervisor.

BangTail likes this.
  18. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Did anyone found any craftable set gear ? I only have some generic "improvised" gear, which is basically obsolete simply because it has no set bonuses.

19. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    A not totally crap video on some tips for new('ish) players, kinda wishing I had watched this before I started as I've been wasting my skill unlocks and the stuff about shooting enemies in critical spots like ammo belts for example to stop them on their tracks to reload is a revelation. I knew about shooting the different bits of armour.

I was struggling a bit this morning I gotta say, kept trying to take a control point but always got overwhelmed and mowed down so moved on and did a few other side activities to level up to 10 and thats when it felt like a lot of the better stuff started dropping. A rifle + LMG combo is my go-to loadout atm, I find Rifles really decent semi snipers as you get a solid rate of fire, accuracy and damage without the reload times of a bolt action sniper rifle and as for LMG's, I just find them cutting through mobs health bars like a hot knife through butter, so much so that I can get a bit reckless with my playstyle if I feel like it.

Ventured into the DZ today too but that went more or less as I expected, for a while I was left to my own devices until a DZ Supply drop was announced and I thought I'd go for it only to find out that so did a 3 man team who had no problem molesting me to death... twice. Think I'm leaving the pvp stuff for level 30 as it seems a bit pointless during levelling seeing as you only earn DZ experience so for advancing in PVE you're just wasting time doing DZ, not to mention that if you do manage to get any gear out of it, you probably end up replacing it pretty quickly anyway.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  20. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    pro tip: shoot the cyberdemon until it dies.

AsiJu likes this.