1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    This game would be much better as single player oriented game. They can build up the atmosphere but playing with other ppl destroys it completely.

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
    Yes, it's not Afterburner fail, since it just simply crashing to desktop randomly, I can play few hours without a crash then restart game later and it crash twice per hour.
    Btw. I get a similar issue with Division 1, that I now playing too.

3. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    I've solo'd the entire campaign, what makes you think you need to be in a group to enjoy the game? Sure, you can matchmake into missions and you can group up for DZ, but it's far from required. Raids will need groups, but that's raids, the description is in the title.

BangTail likes this.
  4. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Didn't you say you didn't like this franchise?

Also, as @metagamer said, the entire campaign and a significant amount of the endgame does not need to be played with other players, same with the first game.

I still play D1 for Survival and that can be played completely solo.

I think Ubi did a very good job catering to both SP and MP gamers.

I never bothered with the DZ because of the insane amount of cheating in D1, even with Massive perm banning on first offence, it still goes on now and I have no doubt it will be the same in D2.

Sadly, PvP is always going to attract cheats, doesn't matter what game it is or what measures they take, it's a sad indictment of humanity to be totally honest.

5. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Yes I don't like it. Difficulty balancing and gameplay mechanics focused towards MP are part of it.

Yes, it's possible to solo it, but you will encounter frustrating instakills without backup or possibility to being revived. That will be even worse in endgame. Difficulty and loot drop is balanced towards MP. Also if you want to go solo, you'll have to use much safer approach, stay in cover all the time etc.. That is not much fun.

6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @haste

Yah, never experienced that in either game, it sounds like you want to 'run n gun' and that is not the way it was intended to be played imho.

It's a cover shooter and even when you are doing group stuff in a fully geared group, the game can be very punishing (even more so if you try to move to quickly).

I can understand that it's not fun for you but I really enjoy the strategic aspects of it.

I'm not a huge fan of the bullet sponge ARPG component of it, but I accept it as the game is an ARPG and is only really rewarding if you sink a fair amount of time into it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    shoja likes this.
  7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    No i'm not using any overlays anymore. Just the uplay one, not sure if that matters.

8. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Solo difficulty is perfectly fine. The game is hard to a degree compared to some other yawn fests, but can be made much easier if you craft yourself a new M60 every 2-3 levels. There is NOTHING wrong with single player difficulty.

What gameplay mechanics are focused towards MP?
    The only time I've had an insta death was when I was level 11 and crossed over to a lvl 26 area and got one shot. The only other insta death that will even remotely happen in solo play is when fighting some bosses, the melee ones. The mechanic there is simple, you lure them close, wait for the swing and dodge it, shoot a mag in their weak spot, rinse and repeat. If you fail to dodge, it's a one tap and you're dead.

Other than this, there is ZERO insta deaths in solo gameplay. In fact, there is so much in this game to keep you alive, from healing drones, from healing hives, and other skills, then there's the "medkit". I honestly don't know what you're talking about.

BTW, about the "safer" approach, yeah, it's a cover shooter in PvE. You don't just run and gun. That's not the kind of game this is. It's like saying a racing sim is crap because scoring goals is a lot easier in FIFA.

Grimbarian and BangTail like this.
  9. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I must say I somewhat miss any ambient music while exploring, most of the time it's just completely quiet except for the footsteps. Otherwise it's very nice.

10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
    Looks like overlay for Uplay can cause issues as I checked on Ubisoft forum.
    At least when the game crashes, and you are in a group, you do not lose any progress.

11. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Every bulletsponge boss area has some possibility to instakill player. During some missions they even spawn enemies all the time until you "do something" or "defend someone" or some timer expires. Crafting seemed mostly useless, dropped set items with lower level had better stats etc...

Sure, that is exactly the same thing...

12. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @haste

Yah, not sure about your 'instadeath' claims, that has never happened to me unless I have been somewhere I shouldn't have been.

At any rate, if you don't like it, you don't like it, plenty of other stuff to play :)

13. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    i've yet to run into any spawns that spawn continuous enemies unless you do the objective. which mission are you talking about?

BangTail likes this.
  14. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    ^ like the museum mission, where you need to destroy 3 EMP jammers?

And another thing I hate about this game is no RPG sense of progression. At level 20, you do exactly the same stuff as at level 1. Stay in cover, shoot... mostly even with the same type of weapons. What's even worse, percentually (or relatively if you wish) enemies do very similar damage to you and you do very similar damage to them, the only difference are damage numbers flying around, which are like 10 times higher.

15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Tbh its not exactly run and gun in a group anyway, if anything its harder in a group since they do so much more damage!

@Hilbert Hagedoorn thanks for including 970 in review :D, should be able to get solid 60 with few tweaks! cant wait, work is dragging today!

16. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    If you hate it so much, why are you at level 20 dude?

I don't generally play games that I hate :rolleyes:

17. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    The same reason why I'm on Guru3D. 3D graphics and technology. D2 has one of the best (if not the best) visuals and effects. They even have contact hardening shadows as standard (similar to RDR2). Very nice game, visually.

18. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @haste

Errr, ok :confused:

That's your prerogative I guess.

I don't play games based solely on the fact that they look good, especially if I can't stand the game.

Different folks, different strokes :)

19. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I mean, story mode difficulty is there if you don't want to play with others. I don't see how you can die there, let alone get IK.

20. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Bosses have to be bullet sponges because this is how these games work. They're a gear check. I played one mission yesterday (bank) and struggled quite a bit. Even the normal enemies were dangerous. I managed to beat the mission after dying a few times on the last boss. Then I played on and went back with a better weapon that I myself crafted. Instead of having 3.7k damage, this one had 4.9k damage. It was a doddle. So yeah, crafting can help quite a lot while leveling.

Also, at end game, you get crafting blueprints through various venues, either Projects or you can buy them each week (vendors have a weekly reset). Many blueprints were really good in the original, people crafting the LVOA-C or M4 Lightweight over and over to get the best weapon possible. Crafting mods is also really good. So yeah, again, you don't know what you're talking about.

I've not played a single mission where enemies would just keep coming until you do something. Please tell me which mission it was that did such a thing to you. There are missions where you have to protect someone but yeah, what's wrong with that. In one mission the poor person you're supposed to protect aggro's the boss. All you have to do is take the aggro off the person and kill the boss. It honestly isn't rocket science.

Well what do you want me to say? You say that this cover shooter forces you to cover. One, there's nothing wrong with that. Also, like I said, all you have to do is craft a weapon of your choice (be it a M60 or Famas or whatever you like) like every 2-3 levels and ideally use the Douglas & Harding brand for the extra damage and whatever other brand set you like.

That's it. The game is easy.

BangTail likes this.