The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Well yeah I'd like to have DX11 option too but given the nature of DX12 (low-level API) I think that a title written from the ground up for DX12 will likely be DX12 only.

As renderer needs to be built / tweaked to work with low level access and handle stuff DX11 does with the graphics driver. Ish.

But yeah, take that DX12 only with some salt. Until / unless confirmed.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    But enough about boring graphics tech...

what gear set are you guys going for in Division 2 end game?

:p

3. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Day 1 purchase for me. Loved the first. Same style as Destiny with this looter/upgrading genre, but sooooo much better imo.

4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea ive signed up for beta and mot likely gonna buy it straight away! Enjoyed first one. Hope they will add some cool new skills.

Looks like there is a lot more open space, which is quite cool. Hopefully its worth exploring map, for maybe some cosmetic loot or something like that.

5. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    The MP aspect was completely ruined in the dark zone early on as they did not fix the boss glitches soon enough.....too many people were farming yellow-level equipment over and over and over on some of those missions. I don't know if they fixed that later on, but I lost interest after a while.

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Pre-ordered the Ultimate edition from Uplay Turkey (in app) for 308tl which is 50 EUR, normal European price for the Ultimate edition is 120 EUR for a bloody digital edition!

Netherwind and DocStrangelove like this.
  7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    ...as long as it doesnt come with Turkish language only. xD

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Well Uplay are trying to force me to read their app in Spanish simply because I have a Spanish IP now ;) But no it seems to be English no problem :)

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    What happened to the, 'its Win 10 only' :D

10. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I guess they figured out there's more $$$ to be made if you include all Win7 users.

cerebus23 and Rich_Guy like this.

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    The Division 2 Story Trailer:

A bit underwhelming, we've seen some incredible trailers for games in recent years. Maybe they are focusing on making the game good rather than spending resources on a Hollywood trailer.

12. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea pretty average trailer but maybe game will be good. Coz Ubi usually produces amazing trailers and average games!

cerebus23 and Undying like this.
  13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    The Division 2 Multiplayer Trailer: Dark Zones & Conflict

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Hopefully, they will learn from D1 and have a PvE only DZ for those that don't want to experience the ridiculous amount of cheating that goes on to this day in the original (this is despite perm banning offenders which I do applaud Massive for doing).

Grimbarian likes this.

16. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Not happening. DZ = PvP, you go to DZ to PvP. Sure, you can try do some PvE activities but don't be surprised when you get ganked.

DZ is getting a big rework it seems, some changes I see will make it much better, some I'm not sure about.

About cheating, the game will launch with anti cheat, so that's a good start. Also, Rogue is getting quite a few tweaks. And the occupied DZ is where all the so called "hardcore" players will be hanging out, most definitely.

17. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @metagamer

Actually, there was talk of a PvE DZ at one point, although I'm not holding my breath.

At any rate, if it's PvP only, I just won't be going anywhere near it and they balanced that well in D1 so it's not a huge big deal.

You can still do a PvE DZ via survival and I suspect this will be mimicked in D2.

The DZ will be a massive cheater festival no matter what they try to do to stop it, PvP=Cheating, there is just no way around it.

Grimbarian likes this.
  18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    PvP should be a tad more similar to TD1's PvP experience in Survival, it's less of a facetank fest.

19. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    This might be a weird question, but can you play the "bandits" in this one? Like WoW has the Alliance vs Horde thing so, why can't I play a disgruntled citizen? XD

20. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    12 people per DZ sounds good, it was a mixed one for me in D1. Had some awesome encounters as well as some awful cheating and stuff. Hopefully they learnt their lessons and DZ 2.0 will be better :D