The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
    ok but some people reported killing the EAC client fixed what you were talking about, i personally don't have any problems with the game

2. Ancymon

Ancymon Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Dont trust them. : )

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Locking the framerate in MSIAB to 94FPS helped a bit actually.

4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Who has Vega56 and played Beta? what was the performance? Actually thinking about grabbing Vega56 as its dropped to £250 and Division comes as a free game.

My 970 couldnt handle high and 60fps :(

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Cut some of the tech down and have less of a CPU and RAM bottleneck than I do (I'd say it's a 20% performance penalty easily 3930k has cores but is not as efficient and DDR3 1600 just holds everything back now compared to DDR4 3200 and higher, drastically so for a few games actually.) and I'd say 2560x1440 would be fully playable at near a 60 FPS target framerate, DOF down below cinematic and maybe the usual like shadows or LOD (Draw distances.) and that ought to ease up GPU and CPU load for some nice boosts with only a slighter impact on graphical quality overall.

Server hitches were a thing in both open and closed beta tests though so that's just going to be there probably for a while after launch which kinda sucks when you are under fire and then everything feels like it's paused or floating for a few seconds and it picks up and .. respawn time. At least the checkpoints are fairly forgiving. (You do not get back ammo or such however so better hope there's a kit nearby with supplies or the encounters can quickly become a real problem.)

6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Intel HD630
    Make sure to switch to DX12 once you get the game. Game is pretty well optimized and run great at max settings in 1920x1080 with my rusty RX580 card :)

BangTail likes this.
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeah same, game ran notably better with DX12 during Beta already. Which was surprising but nice.

Cool avatar btw :)

Also @AndreasGuido Division 2 is AMD sponsored so expect to get good performance from Vega 56. For that price just grab it. Getting this game with it is a bonus.

Here's one review from Beta, missing Vega 56 but you can expect it to hit somewhat middleground between RX580 and Vega 64, probably being closer to Vega 64:
    [​IMG]

Full review:
    https://www.pcgamer.com/division-2-beta-settings-and-performance/

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    BangTail and Netherwind like this.
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    OP PRELOAD HAS GREEN LIGHT

AsiJu and BangTail like this.
  9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    cheers for the heads up, I can't believe we're finally almost there! Preloading ;)

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...5th-following-epics-deal-with-ubisoft.104149/

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-the-division-2-uplay--3777-1

Should affect stores like Greenman and such too and well anything not Ubisoft or Epic Store really, ridiculous.

EDIT: Huh another exclusive digital store..wonder how big Epic's pull is really if they can't even name them directly.

BangTail likes this.

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @JonasBeckman

My guess, it was very purposefully worded that way.

Ubisoft have no doubt realized what a bad idea getting into bed with Epic was and are trying to do whatever limited damage control they can as I suspect that these 'contracts' are incredibly punitive if not entirely prohibitive in terms of allowing either party to back out of them.

The cat is out of the bag now as far as Epic goes, I don't see anyone else with half a brain signing any exclusivity deals with them, the bad PR and backlash are not worth the loss of sales or the smaller percentage that the EGS takes (which is completely negated by the aforementioned factors).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Possible probably also quite true and the usual marketing statements and how these are worded. In Ubisoft's case they do still win a bit from also having their own UPlay client and probably also requiring that same as with their Steam titles keeping some functionality tied to Orbit (the API)/ Uplay (the client.) though the more I read about some of these deals the worse they sound for regular consumers.

Totally blocking or at least heavily restricting resellers and the earlier information on what's been revealed from prior deals and info bits.

EDIT: Though as far as signing deals go I wonder how much Epic would be paying for some of these larger AA to AAA games that already have a publisher particularly well established ones that are also doing quite well economically such as Ubisoft.
    (Epic should have quite a bit of spending money too.)

13. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    They actually said something like 'we wanted more players to buy our games on Uplay store, so going with the Epic store really worked in our favor'. xD LMAO

Netherwind, AsiJu and BangTail like this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    That's some next level tactics right there.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    So PS4 gets a 90GB patch and Xbox one and PC a 50GB one. WTF are these guys doing ?

16. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Was wondering about that, too. Maybe PS4 gets to play the DLC stuff 2 weeks ahead of other systems?

It surely can't be looking better than PC.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Hmm, smart bastards... :D

Epic:
    "Thanks for signing the deal, we expect to see great sales numbers and..."
    Ubi:
    "Yes yes whatever, we have our own agenda, just be happy we came along and shut up!"

lols!

DocStrangelove likes this.
  18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Reserving the space and ensuring there's enough similar to say Steam and it's preload archives so half of it down to 45 GB though it still replaces almost all of the on-disc data kinda limiting things for people hoping to use the physical media to alleviate bandwidth limits or have slower download speeds or other rates and caps in place. From what I read about it since 90 GB sounded pretty silly unless they have some high-res asset pack DLC or something which I don't think there is one.

19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX