1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I :rolleyes: when he started blaming Clancy, wtf does Clancy have to do with it?

Clancy is just a brand, and iirc, he didn't even have much to do with the original R6 games outside of his name and the basic story behind the unit.

If you are going to make a case for not liking the game, then have at it, but at least come up with legitimate arguments, not blaming the long dead author who had absolutely SFA to do with The Division outside of the fact that his name is in the title.

I mean even just listening to them as they played, it's pretty clear that they did not want to like it.

You can make the 'bullet sponge' argument for Destiny 2 as well (although I'll be fair and concede that Destiny 2 is completely fictional with no reliance on real world gear) but you are still effectively doing the same thing, pumping thousands and thousands of rounds into virtual targets.

A little objectivity Joe, if you please :p

SerotoNiN and cerebus23 like this.
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I was actually a bit surprised when I learned Division wasn't based on an actual book.

The story with clandestine agents and pox outbreak could be straight out of a Clancy novel.
    Also there's actually a lot of backstory to discover via Echos and audio logs, detailing the events and characters.

Division has such detail in this respect it could well be based on a book.

3. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, the story is pretty good and the world has so much that elaborates on it, some hidden, some in plain sight.

It's a really well crafted environment imho.

AsiJu likes this.
  4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Possible. But contentwise its/will be 100% the same. I already played over 20hrs in the beta :p guess im gonna pass the public beta then.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yep and public beta will likely be a separate entry anyway, forcing you to redownload the whole thing.

I'll wait for the real thing. Whilst I desperately try to complete at least RE2 and maybe Witcher 3 playthroughs.

I've already uninstalled the rest of my backlog in preparation (and accepted the fact I'll never finish more than 50 % of my games library tops, heh.)

Division 2 and a week later Sekiro and I'll emerge from my gaming cave sometime around 2020 I believe!

serbicu and BangTail like this.
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti Trio
    Thanks for the tip my Scandinavian friend ;) I had no idea, but it does make sense.

AsiJu likes this.
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Bwahaha i knew it :D let's hope there's something other to do than the stuff we already did in the last 2 betas.

Since the purpose is prob just to stress test the servers a lot more prior to release rather than presenting new content i better don't get my hopes up.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti Trio
    I wouldn't get my hopes up about that :) I guess we'll just have to wait a month for release.

10. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    You guys should read the Tom Clancy book 'Operation Rainbow' until then, it's really good and lots of missions and characters from the 1st R6 game were in the story.
    Great book. Wish Ubisoft will one day return to the core story and make a storybased R6 game out of it.

BangTail likes this.

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    Ubisoft are giving out a free game to everyone who pre-orders The Division 2 before March 14th, the free games are Watch Dogs 2, Far Cry Primal & Ghost Recon Wildlands:

[​IMG]

https://thedivision2-freegameoffer.ubi.com/#/en-US

Unfortunately I already have all three of those! I tried the link anyway:

[​IMG]

DocStrangelove and AsiJu like this.
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Well that's one way for them to get out more copies for their racing game I suppose.

Or perhaps it will be some of the newer titles, New Dawn or Assassin's Creed 3 Remaster? I don't believe either of those is a full 60 USD / EUR title price wise so that could be it or it might be DLC or other content for Div2 itself.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Interesting it says "at your favorite retailer". So I'm assuming a pre-order key from eg. CDKeys should work then too.

Nice if so, don't have any of those games yet.

14. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    Got Farcry Primal right away after i clicked the link. (BUT)! It says 'Preload'. I guess it's activated when DIV2 is out. Download is 16.6 GB.