1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dark Knight (no spoiler)

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by eduardmc, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    Blah. 91,000 votes is way away from 291,000. That score is not too real. It helps a lot, but when fanaticism comes in the middle there's little to do. That not to mention that there are many more viewers and theaters now than then. "The Return of the King" was also #1 for a while, even "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" was #2 about 7 years ago.

2. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    True but that rate that it is racking up votes means it'll probably hit the 300,000 in about a month. If this trend continues it won't drop out of the top 3 and has a good chance of keeping the number 1 spot for 6 months if not indefinitely. It has already pretty much guaranteed to stay better than The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Not like it really means anything.

3. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    I loved this movie, but "The Godfather" is one of the greatest, let the excitement die down.

4. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    I loved the movie , and I didn't expect much.

From all the hype mit dethroning The Godfather on IMDB and the constant hype on websites like Digg I really went into it expecting to hate it.

The movie was excellent , I have never bothered to watch any of these superhero movies before though I may take a look at those I have missed now.

Heath is brilliant as the Joker his acting is great it was the way he walked that most struck me.

5. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 OC (Core 216)
    I'm seeing it tonight,can't effin wait.

Imax aswell.

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Could someone quickly explain what IMAX is. I haven't got a clue. Might be watching this on Wednesday btw. Hope I do. Sounds AWESOME.

7. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMAX)

8. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    A standard film is like 35mm, Imax is 70mm. Most Imax theatres have like a 10,000 watt sound system as well. It gets pretty loud and there is lots of bass

9. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Imax is a huge screen, DO NOT sit up front!

10. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Lol, thanks guys.

I could have JFGI, but why bother when someone is bound to do the work for me? :p

Cheers, tools :D

11. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    the best batman movie, i'm gonna see it again today!

12. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    Very good. Heath Ledger played a very good crazy person. He was the star of the film followed closely by Christian Bale, Michael Cane and Morgan Freeman. Overall the acting was very good. The plot was even better.

13. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    Lovely Movie! Saw it in Imax as well. the whole thing was great, from beginning to end! And indeed, Heath Ledgers was a phenomenal Joker, like he was born for that role.

Ofcourse everyone is quick to compare him to Jack Nicholspn but I think they can't be compared. Every movie, role, storyline is a direct result from the day and age we live in, and I guess today is a lot darker and unclear (terrorism, fear) then in 1989. You can see it troughout the whole movie, it's dark, raw and filled with ethich dillema's (like with the boats). The 1989 batman was a lot more about romantasizing the comic book. With that said, Jack Nicholson was perfect for 1989 and Heath Ledger was the man for 2008.

14. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    Very disapointing that was his last ''crazy character'' movie indeed

15. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Spoiler warning

Couldn't have put it better myself.

After watching it, I found myself thinking "The Joker does not get killed! He could be in the next Batman!" and then the realisaiton that Heath died hit me, and it was genuinly upsetting. To think that the man did not live to see the role he was born to play hit the big screen and receive this much praise. It is truly a modern day tragedy.

Best part with the Joker?

SPOILER WARNING

When he does the pencil trick.

****ing loved it.

16. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    Why so serious?????????

17. Joey

Joey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Pencil trick was very funny.

Just saw it... I really liked this movie. Best Batman film hands down. It's not perfect, it has pacing issues with it's length and slightly wonky feeling at the end. Plus, without spoiling anything, I'm not sure I like the mobile phone thing and many conveniently stupid incidental characters.... but the Batmobile/bike chase and Ledger were amazing. Ledger took this film to another level, just so creepy. I had a real sense of dread when he was doing his thing on some one
    One thing I will say, when watching this, you don't consider it like a super hero movie... it's a like a crime, action thriller. Batman Begins never had that.. and that's this movies most impressive aspect.

With Wall-E, Iron Man and now this I'm going to have to buy a frickin PS3 so I can get the Blu-Ray's.... sigh.

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Really enjoyed the movie, saw it last night, as Joey says it has some pacing issues and a few too convienent bits of technology. I also thought the agility of the bike was a bit much considering the width of those tyres lol. I didnt like the new bat suit and thought it lacked the symbolism of Batman Begins( all the bats at the start of that movie and the huge cape as hes standing at the top of the building )
    Ledger is great in it, but in all honesty i wouldnt consider his performance oscar winning, while he added loads to the character he had a lot of direction from the story to be such a nut job. Great performance all the same. The start was really funny