The Crew To Support 5760x1080 Resolutions On PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The second closed beta phase of The Crew is currently under way and some new information about the PC version of the game has surfaced. According to Ubisoft, the development team targets a 1080p+30f...

The Crew To Support 5760x1080 Resolutions On PC

2. Warboy

Warboy Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 2080 Ti
    I hate the 30fps cap.

3. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    I even hate 60fps cap.

4. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    So Ubisoft still hasn't heard of 75, 85 or 144 Hz, 3D or the like.

:sigh:.

5. So they add support for surround screen resolution, but couldn't be bothered to edit 1 line in a setting file to unlock 60fps.

Thanks a lot Ubisoft, we know you love us PC gamers a lot. NOT!

6. iPp

iPp Active Member

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 290 PCS+
    Never mind the fps cap, the game is mediocre at best. One of the most arcade-ish games out there in terms of handling and I'm not even a sim fan.

7. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    Yeah I watched a clip of someone in first beta drive from East to West Coast in just 40mins game time (video sped up to a few minutes to prove point) but basically... it was a little drab.

8. benq

benq Guest

GPU:
    I totally agree, I have an 144hz and I hate those games who have 30-60fps limit (or 72):bang:

9. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  10. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    I'm confused... why wouldn't it support whatever resolution I set it to? Am I supposed to feel like they did something special by allowing the game to go up to 5760x1080? Does it support 4k? What if I get 3 4K screens after hitting the lottery - will this even work? Seems like they need to go back to the drawing board and figure out how to make their engine support whatever resolution/refresh I tell it to and build assets on top of that.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I thought in this day in age most goes spport what ever resolution the monitor/gpu supports.

12. iTile

iTile Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 4GB OC Gaming
    There is more to it than just the 30fps lock. TBH Ubisoft games has terrible network code, their games are just **** multiplayer. So to fix their ****ty code they force everyone to run @30fps to enable jump in jump out multiplayer sessions so that players stays sync'ed.

But look at games like Path of Exile and Diablo 3, much better network code, oh wait every single MMO out at the moment has much better network code and you aren't locked to 30fps.

Its the same **** EA pulled with NFS Rivals I believe. They release concepts of games that has my interest but they can shove where the sun don't shine for all I care they could have delivered a much better experience for PC games if it wasn't fps locked. I played the beta and at max it looks like a game from 2008... Basically a heavily modded NFS Underground.

The shorts look good, CGI looks llike its from 2007-2009. Now I'm not all about looks, if its a awsumly fun game, it takes priority over graphics, but if you going to sell me a half baked product, and tell me well.. you have to pay premium but we only give you half the product so you can spend some money on DLC and other stuff.

Shove it, There are plenty other games I can enjoy ON PC with my wheel and shifter. Arcade open world would be fun for a quick session, but looks like Assetto Corsa and Project Cars will wipe the floor with the crew. The Crew will have terrible sales on PC, okay'ish sales on Console, but will be a general failure to the publisher.