The Clear Waste App. Fly Tipping. Illegal Dumping

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by vestibule, Oct 9, 2023.

1. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac sff rtx4070s
    Here in the UK fly tipping or illegal dumping is a real problem.
    This weekend I had a fly tip at the side of my house. Small in comparison to others I have seen, Truck loads.
    Thankfully some people got together and developed the fly tipping app for android. This allows you to take a photo of the pollution and using the phones GPS pin point the pollution with pin point accuracy. You can do this anonymously if you want.
    The information is then forwarded to the local authorises and they come out as clean up the mess.
    The app is called clear waste and you can get it from the google app store.
    Maybe the app has been rolled out in your country.
    Rule of thumb the scourge of all this fly tipping is done by cost cutting businesses not taking reasonability for their waste.
    The ClearWaste app web site then.
    ClearWaste.com - The Free app for licensed waste removal & Fly‑tip reporting

BTW> I reported the fly tip on Saturday and it was removed at 7.30 am on the following Monday. It works well.

Illegal dumping - Wikipedia

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
    HexagonWin likes this.
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Although this fact is almost everywhere in suburban areas here, I wasn't aware that this can be fought back.
    Thanks @vestibule for the heads up.

vestibule likes this.
  3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I asked my local council about 20 years ago about how much they would charge for collecting an old wardrobe. They gave me the figure, which was reasonable but I still felt was too high, so...I then asked what the procedure would be for reporting fly tipping. They said to just call them up and report it, and they would then send out a collection crew to pick up said piece of fly tipping.

Guess what happened next?

Brasky likes this.
  4. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac sff rtx4070s
    The cure was in your wardrobe and you pushed them off a cliff.