The Bugatti Veyron Slayer, 0-60 in 1.67 seconds top speed 270mph

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by darknight909, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Used_condom

Used_condom Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC
    i'd rather have a cheap plastic car that does mid 11's over a 1 bil+ car that looks ugly, comes with 4 turbos and v16 that does only maybe low 10's to high 9's... now let's talk about the maintenance cost...can't even start to imagine that...

z06 is the best bang for the buck.. not to mention it tops half of those $200 gran super cars out there... oh, now try throwing 2 turbos in that ls7... pure ownage...

2. Used_condom

Used_condom Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC
    oh yes it is... as some of us know.. the design is hella ugly... looks like a hippo to me.... it's engine is weak compared to other super cars with less cyclinders and turbos...

it's like a MAC... it's damn overpriced compared to a PC when a PC that cost less can do more or the same....

if i were to choose a high end super car, i'd go with a saleen s7 twin turbo... redlight to redlight racing, it has a good chance of beating the veyron...

but then again, if i'm gonna spend that much $$$ on any of those cars.. i'll just toss like 10-15G's in a c6 z06 and run 8-9 all day long.. maybe even faster...And the price wouldn't even exceed 100G in total..

3. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    used condom, you can go on for days about how the z06 is as fast as one of those $200k supercars, but it wont make any difference.
    fact is, those cars' performance are only a small part of why people buy them, and in the z06, its the absolute main reason. They are completely different kinds of cars. for me personally, the z06 is the same sort of car as a tvr is/was: a pure sportscar for trackday use.

4. Used_condom

Used_condom Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC
    i wouldnt be surprise if the lotus elise can beat it in a tight course....

5. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    It's not all about power...it's about making a car with 1000hp that is usable.

If I were buying a pure performance car I'd buy a Radical - nothing (even a twin turbo LS7 engined car) would come close.

I agree completely with kwak in that they are totally different cars. They weren't designed for the same job - it's like saying a Ford Fiesta is a better car than a Veyron because it does more mpg - a 1/4 mile time is just a number.

Incidentally there are still a lot cars out there that will beat a Z06 for less money...

6. aleksei

aleksei Member

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GT 512mb
    There's no way that TKR can compare to the Veyron. Shure, it's got retarded stats BUT, did you guys see the interior of a veyron? OMG, the build quality is stellar. There are alot of things that make up a supercar and even though i don't totally agree with the external looks of the Veyron, this TKR thing is hideous IMO (especially from the back). My only question is this: does a car really need to go that fast? Can you really drive that car to it's limit? These cars are not cars! They're expensive toys for excentric billionaires. That's why i love the VW Golf! Now that's a car right there! :D

7. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD

I agree with kwak also, it's the same thing I say to people that try to blast the Mustang for not handling like a Ferrari. Not to be a pain but please list the cars you say will beat a Z06 for less money. I have to say I like the Veyron less now that I found out American Idol host Simon Cowell bought one.LOL