1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best Video Players/Software !

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Marri, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I've always had a hard time finding Video Software , for all those still struggling as I have , I hope this thread turns handy.
    I've started to get over VLC since I've had it crashing on me recently , picture quality on VLC isn't great either.

For those looking for great players try the following

no1:Neuview Media Player (The full version really is worth it , excellent IQ , really rich colors , really simple and easy to use , runs great with most of the known Video and Audio Filters , impressive HDTV type color & contrast settings , then again , it still beats KM player and Zoom Player even when they're using FFDShow tweaks , noticeably clearer then all the software mentioned below)
    http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/neuview-media-player-professional-Download-23861.html

no2 :KM Player (Much better then VLC in my view , an all rounder best)
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_kmplayer/

no3:Zoom Player Pro (The full version really is worth the buy , great player , lots of options and features , I've been using Zoom Player for much longer then all the other players I've had)
    http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml#PRO

no4:GOM Player (One of my recent favorites till the time I installed KM and NeuView player , still need time making sure it's better then Zoom Player or KM Player Picture Quality wise)
    http://www.gomlab.com/eng/

no5:VLC Player (Most Commonly used , great simple and easy works here but Quality is less comparatively to those above)
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_vlc/

I'm still am not convinced that these are the only good players around , I think they're better players out there , so please do let me know if there's something better then the ones mentioned !

Thanks alot in advance :)

Please do post the players you've used or think is the best Quality wise !
    I still haven't come across software or filters to help be 100% judder free on HD downloads :(

2. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    I've been using Zoom Player for some good four years, and I like it because it can be simple when you want and advanced whenever you need it to.

3. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    I am also a very happy Zoom Player PRO user for at least four years now. It can take a bit of setting up to get it working how you want it, but once you do.. Nothing can match it in terms of flexibility. AFAIK

4. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Windows Media Player..........

5. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    You'd really need to do something amazing to have me switch from VLC.

I think the main problem is that there's no video things applied on default, turn on deblocking and things it's quite good.

It just plays everything, and I've never ever had it crash, and I've used it for, a very long time.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    im still using the classic media player. urm , since windows95 ? lol

7. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    media player classic by way of klite codec pack here. Plays damn near everything without a problem. So does vlc though.

8. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    I really like VLC. I started to use that program probably three years ago. I find it really useful.

9. Loster

Loster Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 2080TI
  10. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Agreed but when watching DVDs via PC on my HDTV , VLC really starts showing it's weakness noticeably at least , I mean it doesn't quite upscale movies well comparatively, it's like comparing a less effectve DVD upscaler to a decent upscaler atleast when comparing the blur , ZoomPlayer beats VLC @ that easily , atleast when watching DVD !
    I've compaired ZoomPlayer to my upscaling DVD player , results were quite the same but when compairing VLC to my upscaling DVD player , things got obvious.
    But I've also noticed a greater level of sharpness and I dont mean jaggy lines like FFDshow sharpness , I mean proper crisp HD type sharpness with NeuView , for those who want more out of NeuView they can use FFDshow in conjunction , making movies really stand out in quality.
    Yes , most of the mentioned players have their own highs and lows.
    But when looking @ picture quality in detail , some do a better job then the other.

Even though NeuView is in my view the best player ,as it's easier to forward mvk files and it makes that tad bit of a difference when taking detail into account. I much prefer having all the players on my system. ;)

If u like VLC , try KM player..u just might like it !

---
    Other then that , thanks alot for posting guys..
    The more I talk the more I think I'm littering this thread...
    Do keep posting.

11. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    I've been using Gom Player and VLC for years and i feel kind of skeptic to switch to something else.

12. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    VLC and MPC.

13. Loster

Loster Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 2080TI
    I like the pixelfusion option wonderfull for movies with a resolution 720p or lower.
    For 1080p i still prefer "mpc hc" because of support for EVR what i need for DXVA to work under windows vista.

Thanks for sharing :) thats my #2 player i will use in the future now.

14. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 670GTX 4GB OC
    Can any of these software play HD-DVD or Blu-Ray?

15. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    KMPlayer.