The Best Joe Rogan Podcast Episode ever

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by UnrealGaming, Feb 28, 2019.

1. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    wtf bruv, you don't trust a random internet person's diagnosis?

2. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
    Hah, that random person is just random, not Alex Jones...who has the documents.

3. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    https://********/2kRtc7j/iu.jpg

Hopefully pic doesn't get me banned. I figure if airbud has gotten multiple passes, I'll get none lmfao.

4. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    actually I'm new to the political scene (2 years) and I'm learning what Hilbert and staff are talking about....When you start start poking holes in a political opponents opinion there is a great possibility of a flame War! ....and that's not good for the forums...

sometimes after a few cold beers I can't help myself but to post a reaction to an opposing view point and then the BS starts....

I love and respect this place and I will do better in that aspect.

5. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I don't love a virtual interface for data. But I enjoy it here. I do scratch my head on some things. Like, why is it always a certain type of user that gets the warning. That supports certain ideas. Everyone else is allowed to say and partake. Hami can be quite a jerk, remains one, doubt he's been talked to. Why? Because he doesn't believe in the things the group of "trouble makers" does.
    Gotta love people, always drama. I speak my mind. If it gets me banned, so be it. Even told vbetts yesterday after his warning to me. Ban me now then. I can't promise to not..be myself. If you want to accept being wrong for stating how you feel, so be it. Not my style. I wasn't wrong, nor are you. No one can tell you YOUR mind is wrong.
    So again, if all of a sudden I'm going to be a problem after all of these years of being one way, best to remove me now as I don't mean to be a headache to anyone. But also think the forum rules here and users need thicker skin.
    I missed the sjw after Guru3D apparently.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  6. felicityhu

felicityhu New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050Ti
    I love Alex Jones, I've seen too many memes with him. Is he still hosting his program or not anymore?

7. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
  8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080S /2080ti
    I used to be part of prisonplanetforum back in the day, good times.

9. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    bruh... this is an old thread

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    As much as I hate Alex and don't agree with literally 99% of the complete drivel that spews out of his mouth. He has given us some excellent memes and my god going out with him for a drink would be a night to remember.... if you survive :p

11. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    a little zombie thread from a new guy.. definitely not going to be a bot/spam later.

Noisiv likes this.
  12. felicityhu

felicityhu New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050Ti
    I stopped watching his show because most of everything he talked about was about politics, and I don't really like politics. Probably, of course, I do not have the right attitude to politics and as a citizen of the USA, I should listen to politics more often. My parents, for example, take politics very seriously and do not even miss a single opportunity to vote. Of course, my parents prefer to listen to podcasts about something more interesting than politics. Maybe someday my parents will even want to make their own podcast. Making podcasts for some reason has become very cool, so I think if you carefully read the guide like this https://poddster.com/how-to-start-a-podcast/ , then it will not be so difficult to start your podcast. Although I probably just don't know how difficult it is to maintain your podcast.

13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080S /2080ti
  14. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    I can relate to this, yeah. In the USA at least, a huge amount of people hate everybody outside of their "group"/echo chamber and the mainstream news media is sensationalist and often misrepresents what's actually going on to cater to their viewerbase and that base's ingrained positions. Seems to me most people think they're informed when really they start with the answer they want in mind then look for sources telling them what they want to hear. I do this too, I'm not claiming I'm better, but it's something I'm not sure most people are honest with themselves about.

I'm not saying it's impossible to get a good handle on what's going on as it pertains to various issues, but it's definitely not as simple as just going to CNN or Fox or what have you, reading one sensationalist article about it and you're good. It takes a lot of work to be consistently informed in an impartial way. In general obviously people are gonna filter things through whatever lens is most advantageous to themselves so I don't really know what can be done about that.

My observation's been too many people think they "win" the argument just by preventing their opposition from speaking/censoring them off of a given board. Forum echo chambers are a really bad thing.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021 at 10:08 PM
    Airbud and AsiJu like this.
  15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080S /2080ti
    Callousness is real, and it lives in the hearts of 51% of the population, at least in my country, city.

16. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    I would love to know who that 1 % is :D. Oh god, it isn't you is it? :O