"The Battle for Middle-Earth: Reforged" - a fan project

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by K.S., Nov 6, 2019 at 7:51 PM.

1. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    BFME: Reforged is a non-commercial fan project currently under development. Specifics here!

fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    interesting.

dunno if i ever played the og one think the last lotr game i had was war for middle earth on commodire 128 or something? i barely recall anything about the game. but the box and maps and etc were fancy.

3. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    Hah! This is too cool... I need to load up my old emulators again I used to have them all ready... everything from the CBM to Nintendos... Segas... Sony ... up till recent gens etc .. man... had repos on my backup external drives... Need to load those up again.

So if you like RTS... those old Red Alert games and Command and Conquer. Battle for Middle Earth was made by some of the same staff if memory serves, before they founded Petroglyph to make the Star Wars Empire at War games (those were fun too)

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ^ i think that was the game.

5. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Wow, remembering that game is quite something. It was released in 2004 huh, jeebus. I really liked it too. I haven't played it in ages, but I'm pretty sure it'd still be good.

6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I wish them all the best, this is a big undertaking. It's also quite risky, since all IP involved legal parties are quite trigger happy with C&D notices.

cerebus23 likes this.