The amount of intolerance...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by AsiJu, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    ++1.

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Loving and caring parents is the thing they need. Not exactly mother and father unless they are loving parents but so many bad fathers and mothers around that holy hell it is another big issue.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    A couple of things I'd like to mention:

First off, this thread was never about Russia per se, even if the "clues" are pretty straightforward. Note I haven't mentioned "Russia" before this post.

Second, as I said in the first post, it's not about the oppression of gay people but about oppression in general and how even governments may allow or even encourage that.
    Also that, for whatever reason, that particular documentary made me react.
    The fact there's oppression in the world really isn't news to me...

Third, I'm a straight man myself. I may not understand why some gay people do what they do, but I think it's not my place or right to judge.
    Am I prejudiced myself? Sure I am to an extent, but I'm also a grown-up and can put prejudices aside and use common reason instead.

PS: @NomadAssassin:
    I don't see why you made such a comment about me. You are in no place to criticise, question or categorize my experiences as just a "rough time" or however you put it.

Also, sure, there may have been a gay person killed in refugee camps, or maybe a couple even... (yes, that was sarcasm).
    That wasn't the point anyway, rather the fact you do, or at least SHOULD, learn from bad times. As you are the one in a bad position.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    I find that hard to believe.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Indeed, mate. Indeed.

And, like said, it's not that there's oppression, but this kind of government-approved (basically) consistent manhunt.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    The best weapon to tackle any type of discrimination is education.But in the case of gay men, it's a sensitive subject on a lot of levels.True everyone has the right to be with and love whoever they want to.The problem for me and a lot of people is that it sends the wrong type of message to the youths who come from single parent households.With no male support for a young impressionable boy growing up, in the type of world that we're living in now more than ever it's become extremely important that they have that early on.

Reason for that now is because they go out into the world and if it's not your neighborhood gangster fresh out the pen holding the influence, then society itself with it's love affair with capitalism and popular culture amongst the youths.They don't want to be labeled "uncool".So to get to cool status a lot of them are turning to older "sugar-daddies" (if not a life of crime), who give them material things in exchange for sexual favors.Granted it's nothing new (ever wondered what other duties cabin boys fulfilled in the early maritime period?) but if we're gonna be accepting of one another, then WE as the people making up the different societies around the world have to make it his/her personal duty to educate ourselves and each other for the sake of protecting OUR innocent ones.Don't wait for someone with a PhD. or a senator or anyone "important" in society to tell you (as if they would) because now they've become the "sugar-daddies" of f*kn nightmares and false promises.The women too, I kid you not.

But yea, this shyte has got to stop.Discrimination that is, we get past that, then we can tackle the other issues, TOGETHER!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  7. Frances

Frances Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti
    Wait, aren't you defending tolerance? You exactly stated the antithesis of tolerance, "If you don't agree then you can **** off."

Telling someone they have to like something, rather than just tolerate it, is called fascism. You've moved from one extreme to the other in the name of opposite.

I really hope this post gets closed and the issue gets added to the other two hot button ban topics.

I am not saying it shouldn't be discussed, but not here where people start to act like imbeciles out of their sheer ignorance.

EDIT : In the sake of helping you out, please pass the idea of permitting an organization like NAMBLA through your absolute idea "People have every right to be who they want to be with. If you don't agree then you can **** off."

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I really don't care what people like or dislike. Everyone has a right to their own opinions and beliefs.

At this point in our existance, we should have learned to tolerate people and ideas that are different.... Unfortunately, it seems like the world is going backwards....

9. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Yes it's mind regression on a large scale.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    I personally liked what you wrote.

It's so easy to become intolerant against the intolerant people, so to speak, while doing the exact thing you're supposed to be against.

That's a very good point and food for thought for everyone.

Plus, even being the OP of this thread, I actually thought myself whether this thread is actually constructive and should it be shut instead...

my intentions were good, the result may not be...

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Dude i watch Russian programs/films all the time. They have gays on TV, but its different to the west, they might be gay but they dont go on about it etc. So yea its not against the law to be gay, thats just bull**** you hear on the news. I went to Minsk last year, saw some there too, many in my home country, which actually thinking about the same "Gay propaganda law" as well (many support it), but nobody cares coz its not big bully Russia. I am like you i dont get it, but i am not bothered by it. They can do whatever they want

But i am not denying that its still a problem over there, mainly to those idiots who go around and beat someone up only coz he is gay, different religion or nationality.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Yeah, granted, the program I watched was by a "western" company.

So I do, and did, realise perhaps some things aren't what they seem (west can and does do propaganda too).
    Still, it's good to hear what I've seen on that one isn't necessarily the truth.

I certainly hope, at least...

13. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Like i said, problem is there, im not denying it. I guess its echo from old USSR days when you would definitely go to prison for being gay.

Those people who do it are idiots, I had a pleasure of bumping into some skinheads when i was in Russia, lucky i speak Russian and i said im from St Peterburg, then 5 minutes later i met some nice, very friendly people who were very helpful. I do agree that goverment need to do more about it, they might have those strange laws, but at the end of the day if you beat someone up, its a crime and need to be punished by law.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    So did they try attacking you? As you were non-Russian?

Not trying to establish anything here, just asking out of curiosity.

15. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    No they didnt but you never know. We played football there and I had team name on the back on my jackets in Latvian letter, so they asked if i was Russian then asked where abouts and told me to go after. Funny thing is im more russian than latvian, coz my families come from russia and ukraine, but anyway.

I expect trouble comes from those kind of groups.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    ^ yeah.

BTW, the truth is, and this one makes me proud, I have truly Karelian roots.

My mothers family is from Karelia. Which originally was a part of Finland...

My father is from North Karelia (still a part of Finland). So basically I'm a truebreed Karelian all the way...

PS: I know this is off-topic and I dunno why it seemed so necessary to me, but wanted to point it out anyway.

17. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080ti GamX
    I agree with what you are saying but I do not see the US going backward when their federal court rulings legalize same-sex marriage.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    That's good.

Plus I think Sykozis meant the world in general, which is surely going only backwards (I know politics isn't allowed but: ISIS, Ukraine... to name a few).

The world IS going only backwards in that sense.
    Soon enough we'll have a... major crisis to deal with.

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    Maybe you should read the post more clearly..

He said gays shouldnt be allowed to married, etc.

I dont care what people think as long as they dont discriminate

20. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    Just to ease the discussion a little, if someone finds it offensive I'll remove it.

[​IMG]