The amount of intolerance...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by AsiJu, Feb 5, 2015.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Dont have problems with gay people, they can do whatever they want, but what annoys me is constant complains and needs for those parades etc. If you want to be gay, be gay, dont need to run around and tell everyone about it.

As for that "anti-gay" law in certain country, it doesnt stop you from being gay, they have loads of them on TV and show business and nobody is bulling them.

Obviously i am against all those people who go around and fight/bully gays, thats not right. Its very bad.

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    They wouldn't be parading if they had equal rights tbh. No reason to anymore really imo. Well at least those things were started to bring up the issues.

3. IhatebeingAcop

IhatebeingAcop Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    To the OP. What a shame that this kind of stuff goes on. It is so barbaric. It's saddening that some of the human race still acts like this. Very sick indeed for the people who hate others (no matter who their target is) to allow this stuff to go on. Sheesh.

4. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I don't care anymore as long as people laugh at my gay/barstool joke!

5. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK

I didn't compare their 'problems' I compared their struggle. Which is comparative.

And why does it make you vomit anyway ?
    Are you saying that you don't think that homosexuals have a struggle and they're not as deserving of the same rights ?
    Or are you saying their struggle is nothing compared to what black people endured in the past during the civil rights movement ?

Either way, you're wrong.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Being able to marry is considered a basic human right in most countries. So, to deny gays/lesbians the right to marry, is to deny them a basic human right.

7. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Black people can not hide being black.
    A gay person has to tell you they are gay.
    Comparative would be not knowing a black person was black until they told you they were black.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Honestly, I'd say that people have right to be wrong. I don't support their life-style nor the idea (it makes zero sense to me in every possible way, biologically too) but in the end I can only act what I think is best and they make their own decisions. Someone else will do the judging when this all is over. Never mind the sexual orientation we are all humans and violence and oppression is always a bad thing. That being said marriage is union between male and female, same sex relationships are something else. Also children should have right to have mother and father by default.

I must say though... I'm getting rather sick of hearing all homo this and that everywhere.

9. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK

No.
    That's way to simplistic.

The comparative is the issue of equality.

10. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I'll never get the whole "sanctity of marriage" crap argument against gay marriage. Let gays find out all the fun of divorce lawyers.

(My point is that plenty of straight marriages are not even based on love, or even last. So to say they're protecting some sanctity, well, why don't they start with the dysfunction of straight marriages before getting caught up because two gays who love each other want to try something that's long been offered to the straights)

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Sanctity is only church marriage. People get married without anything to do with religion too. It is just a pact of "love" what it should be if anything.

12. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK

:)

Made me laugh but raises a good point!

The thing is, how many countries that have same sex marriage are real marriages in legal binding, not just in legalised ceremony?

I'm pretty sure the whole equality of sex in marriage from antiquity still rears its head in most countries.

13. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Governments in many countries now endorse M/M, F/F along with M/F marriages...of which they are not the same. The reason the government is involved at all is because M/F relationships often produce children and the government has an interest in setting up certain protections for children.

If constitutional equal protection is brought into this based on gender, you certainly cannot make any argument based on number or even genetics.

I think gay people would have been better off getting full rights in the eyes of the government with a civil union (and then have whatever marriage or celebration they want)....that way you cannot bring the 'slippery slope' argument for other types of marriages.....3 people? 4 people? Cousins in a non-child bearing marriage (which even might be a stretch because people of the same bloodline do not necessarily produce damaged children as it typically has to be repeated over and over to produce harmful genetic effects), etc. I don't think that the slippery slope necessarily exists right now, but there seems to be a logical fallacy built into this.

There will eventually be people wasting court time fighting for these things and with the equal protection argument that was made, you can't disallow other combinations (and I'm not talking about people who would marry a desk lamp or box of cereal to prove a stupid point).

14. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    You are part of the problem and you don't need to support anything but basic human rights for everyone no differentiation for any reason and your narrow world view doesn't fit that at all.

15. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK

I've corrected that for you....

children should have right to have a loving, caring parent/parents by default.
    Be that genetic biological parents, adopted same sex whatever.

16. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    How did they know your cousin was homosexual?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  17. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    You may be unaware of that reference. It was at the root, the very beginning; before coming-out was fashionable. It was how it was classified by the individuals themselves, before there were laws stating that it was illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation. That was how it was classified as when the effort was started to achieve classification as a protected class under the American Civil Liberties and Disabilities act.

You are coming from a point of being bathed in modern psychological babble that was brought about to foster "understanding and acceptance." Like I stated earlier, this underhanded maneuvering has done nothing but hinder the fight for equality.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Both groups were discriminated against. That's about the only comparison I can see. The discrimination does have the same source though. Lack of knowledge.

It's obvious. I've known since we were kids. Even before he "came out" about it. He's quite feminine for being a man. For most people, that's a big tip-off.

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Sorry but you're the problem in this world, I hate you people like you. Coming from a straight guy.

People have every right to be who they want to be with. If you don't agree then you can **** off.

20. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    If I am who I want to be with then I can **** off with myself.