The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    If you want ZEN States to launch at system start, just do the New Task for it:

[​IMG]

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    4x8GB will be the Best for my ZEN -> 4000MHz CL19?

chispy likes this.
  3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 - RX 590
    Nice find OnnA , that video was very informative. It looks like it runs better with all the Ram slots occupy.

OnnA likes this.
  4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    Sucks for my board then.
    Slots A1 and B1 wont run beyond 2400 at best with dual rank ram.
    No way in hell I will get new ram with prices of ram.
    Hell my kit was $151 when I bought it in Sep 2017.
    And its just white Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3000

chispy likes this.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 - RX 590
    You are right , some boards will do and some don't , it is a stretch.

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 - RX 590
    Ongoing testing for the weekend to find maximum overclock on ram , cpu , gpu on H2O :) . Ryzen APU 2400G , ASRock AB350-Pro4 , G.Skill Flare X 3200Mhz Cas 14.

Benchmarking in process ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Agonist likes this.
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Hold your horses, it is not that one sided. I have quite good kit and with 4 sticks I do 3000MHz + timings. With 2 sticks I one click 3466MHz and it's stable. I can even boot 3600MHz, and maybe I can make it stable.

While it is good to test 2x versus 4x sticks at same clock and timings to measure advantage, it is not realistic scenario.
    But it kind of explains why I got very similar results from 4x 3000MHz vs worse timings at higher clocks with 2 sticks.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    That's because you have 4x4 CCX so 1 RAM stick for 1CCX ZEN Module :D
    And I know this from the begining ;) but now we have the proof.

9. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I just put my new 2700x together. I turned on XMP profile 2 and it works just fine at 3200mhz. But once I did that, the CPU fan just seems to cycle up and down up and down. The default RAM setting was like 2166mhz or something and the CPU fan hardly moved, now the thing spools up and down constantly. Do I just need to redo the fan curve?

10. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Had to share when I hit what I thought was a pipe dream:

[​IMG]

Bios 6201 for C6H works great. Spent all day yesterday circling the drain on this one. Was so close so many times. First attempt errored out at 4H59M. Ended the testing at just over 7 hours so will say it is stablish at this point. Need to set aside a whole day run before will say with confidence that the settings are 99.99% stable. That way the second run will also confirm that this was not a fluke.

This go around made me revisit the whole oc process. Went back to old school ways and made sure cpu was Prime95 version 28 build 10 stable (24Hr + run). Had to lower the all core oc to 3.9 in order for the cpu to be Prime95 stable with ram functioning at 3466. Then dialed in the ram timings. Ram confused the living daylights out of me. When Ram Test would error out, the answer always ended up to be tightening the timings instead of loosening them. All timings were dialed in using 1.4000v. Tightening the timings to make the voltage work is what led to the 2-2-1-2-2 timing from 4-4-1-3-3. Once I lowered Trdrd_SCL and Twrwr_SCL to 2, ProcODT required to be lowered to 48Ohms and Tcke lowered to 4 for everything to work. Tightening the tertiary timings allowed the voltage increase was looking for to stabilize it all; 1.4100 from 1.4000. Staying here as do not think can tighten anything else further with success.

Voltage setting on the cpu is +.03750 offset and SOC is -.01875 offset.

chispy likes this.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 - RX 590
    Hi , can you tell me what motherboard , exact model Ram and what kit , water cooling or air cooled ? I will try to help you out :)

@Clouseau Nice going you got there tweaking your Ram and Cpu , congrats , well done !

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 - RX 590
    I just finished testing my new built water cooled htpc , overclocked , benchmarked and stress test stable for 24/7 use at 4Ghz cpu - Ram 3333Mhz Cas 14-13-13-28 1T and Apu at 1600Mhz , and yes it can play games at 1080p just fine :D. This will be my htpc for many years to come !
    Built = ASRock AB350-Pro4 , Ryzen 2400G , 2x8GB G.Skill FlareX 3200Mhz Cas 14 , 2x120GB Team Group SSDs in Raid0 for OS and most used programs+ 3TB Toshiba Hard drive for Storage , Games , Movies , Music etc... , eVGA Supernova P2 PSU ( Had this psu for the longest time without using it so i decided to give it some use ), XSPC Raystorm cpu block - Swiftech H220X radiator - XSPC X20 420 single bay/reservoir / pump , everything inside a Corsair Carbide Spec-02 Case. I know it is way overkill with the components but bare in mind that i will upgrade to a new gpu when the time comes in a few years time.

Benchmarks for hwbot:

Max Cpu clocks were 4100Mhz
    Max Ram clocks were 3333Mhz
    Max Apu clocks were 1600Mhz

http://hwbot.org/submission/3867061_
    http://hwbot.org/submission/3868530_

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    jura11 likes this.
  13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Can you do Cinebech R15 on 4.2GHz? Or any lower CPU clock. I would like to see benefit of such good timings and clock.

14. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    All air-cooled
    MSI x470 Gaming Plus
    Memory is 8gb (4x2) G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz F4-3200C16D-8GVK

I actually fixed the fan spooling. Unfortunately, MSI only seems to allow you to place 4 temperature points. I just reset the curve.

chispy likes this.
  15. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Do not know if the choices are unique to ASUS boards. Bios gives the options for Performance Bias. The setting choices are Auto | None | CB 15 | Aida/Geekbench | CB 11.5. So benchmarks will be run under each choice except for Auto. Windows will be booted up fresh for each set and allowed to sit idle for 30 minutes before any runs are made. Have only done Aida/Geekbench so far. Need sleep. Will do more after work tomorrow. All results will be posted at the same time.

Will say this though, for the first time since my Ryzen rig was put together, Windows Spotlight updated the picture on its own without any prodding; deleting the settings file.

Cannot do 4.2 let alone 4.0 on air. The benches will be done at my current clock: BCLK @ 102.0 | CPU Multiplier @ 38.25 | RAM Strap @ 3400.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 - RX 590
    Great to hear you got it fix , this same issue is plaguing some users on Asus CH6 too with some Bios.

17. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I actually have another problem now. This new system has been up since Friday. The computer has rebooted on its own twice, and has powered down once. I cannot find the event in the Windows 10 event viewer from the power down, but there are a few kernel-power "pc did not shut down properly" events. The two most recent reboots were both marked as "errors" in event viewer with the source being "Bug check". They also have a corresponding "critical error" with a timestamped kernel-power improper shutdown label.

The power down, and the two reboots have only occurred when the computer enters hibernation/sleep mode, whatever you want to call it. It doesn't do it every time, but chances are, if the PC enters into sleep mode for a long period of time, it will reboot. I have had no errors, crashes, blue screens, or anything else during normal use. I only installed pubg, which is very poorly optimized (and system-taxing) and there were zero issues.

I see that this could be related to the Windows 10 fast startup setting.....does anyone use that?

18. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    ^Not only is fast start up disabled in Windows but it is also disabled in the bios as well. Cannot remember where I read it, but it was stated that fast startup in the bios needs to be disabled to allow enough time for all the cores to initialize.

Unfortunately cannot allow my rig to sleep because it will not wake from sleep. It will just turn itself off when waking. Wife's rig is using an A10-7700 and that little machine wakes from sleep without issue.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    ^ My Ryzen 2700x Does not have this Sleep => Death issue. But 2400G does. There I suspect memory OC being culprit. Maybe power delivery is not sufficient in sleep. Did not really explore it as 1st thing I do with any system is disabling automatic sleep. But Sleep => Death happens every time I put it into sleep.

20. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Well, I deactivated fast startup in Windows, let it go to sleep and about an hour later, the computer was off (NOT a reboot). One hour and 10 minutes actually because I deactivated fast startup right after my last post. This time, event viewer does not show any kernel-power error or "bugcheck error" as was the case when the system just restarted by itself. This time event viewer only says

The system has returned from a low power state.
    Sleep Time: ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎04T19:59:14.240161900Z
    Wake Time: ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎04T20:05:15.480742700Z
    Wake Source: Unknown

It would appear that the "power down" is a normal feature (hibernation vs sleep maybe?) as no error is reported (possibly why I couldn't find the first power down in the event viewer). When I pressed the power button, I did see the MSI splash screen and when Windows booted up, my browser was on the last guru3d page I was looking at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.