The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Success! RAM is running at rated timings and speed. The voltage is another story.

DRAM Voltage: 1.3900v
    VTTDR: .6750
    ProcODT: 48 Ohms

Some results of the labor
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just threw the 1.3900v to see if it would boot. Now to see how low it will go.

EDIT: Weird fan behavior. Both case fans all of a sudden just went full throttle and stayed there even when the cpu temp dropped below 40C. Upped VDDRCR Soc to 1.5000v. Seems to be holding. Time will tell.

EDIT2: dang that soc voltage looked too high. I cannot type worth poop. The VDDRCR Soc is at 1.1500v.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Wow nice tuning! Great to hear and hope all Ryzen owners can max out their cpu and ram speeds! Just toss a Vega in there and enjoy! :D

3. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Impressive, you almost got on 7700k single thread performance level.

4. mattm4

mattm4 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6900xt
    Got my build up and running, major gains over my FX8370.

Side note, my memory is 3600mhz, I got it to run at 3200mhz for one day, started my computer the next day and could not get it to post at 3200, makes no sense lol, so im running at 2933.

Gears of War 4 was a good 1080p comparison for me, as well as a good game for cpu testing.

FX8370

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/7711/zW3hWR.png

R7-1700

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/9089/FfES0S.png

CPUz Bench

FX8370

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/924/akrvao.png

R7-1700

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/923/fT0gZX.png

CPUz Info of current setup

https://imageshack.us/i/pmb06j3bp
    https://imageshack.us/i/pmi88cSOp

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Same here with the 3200, 2933@Cas 14 seems to be better. One of the changes with 2.10 bios for the Asrock Gaming K4 (just released) is a new page allowing for ProcODT and fail count. The bios said Improve Compatibility, what with I don't know!

There is supposedly a new AGESA in May that greatly improves memory compatibility and performance, I guess we'll have to wait and see what that brings.

6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Still holding. Freaky thing is that it takes a bit longer to post now. Pulled the case speaker...got tired of it beeping between ram training tries. ProcODT and what ever else was done for version 0604 made this possible. Have cold booted the rig 5 times so far just to make sure it still boots. Boots on the first attempt no additional loops because training failed. The retry attempts are hard coded for this board, no access to that type of setting.

Waiting on Vega now...

7. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX480
    Managed to have vcore dropping on low CPU usage with offset voltage. In order to have it working, "Global C-States" must be left ENABLED. On previous bios it didn't need to be (I had it disabled).

[​IMG]

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Looking forward to setting it up! The benefit should become more and more obvious in the future.

Tbh I actually second-guessed my purchase simply due to money, but darn fast Jimms had already shipped my parts even if it's Easter so guess I'm "stuck" with Ryzen now, lols xD

Also I didn't really need to upgrade but wanted to reward myself with new toys. Plus I can build another system from my old parts should I keep them.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I just found the time to set this new system up. As I started with a fresh install of the Creator's update, is there any software that is needed or should be avoided?

10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    A 460 W fanless PSU for a decent spec system like yours? I hope it doesn't give you any troubles, they're more meant for low end systems that don't have huge loads. I put your specs into the Outervision PSU calculator, also considering a couple of USB devices, hard drives, and fans, average CPU overclock (3750 MHZ), very mild GPU overclock, 8 hours a day and it came out at 439 W load wattage.

If I up your GPU to 100 percent TDP, which isn't unreasonable considering the overclock and those games where you will hit 100 percent load on the CPU and GPU, it came out at 489 W. That basically no headroom there! In a warm room doing heavy gaming, the PSU may trigger the safety cutout. Remember, no fan in that thing!

11. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to get 4.0 Ghz stable at less than 1.35v?

Also, if anyone lives near MicroCenter you can get the MSI B350 Tomahawk motherboard for Free with a R7 1700X right now. $110 savings.... it's also discounted to $50 with the other Ryzen CPUs right now.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @thatguy: I've never had any issues with these PSUs. Usually, their interior is more like a 650W/750W that then gets rated down due to the missing fan.
    I've used this PSU with a 2600k, a 5820k/X99 and worse graphics cards (670/970 for example).
    I'll have to try this, of course, but so far I'm rather confident.

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 on H2O
    *** Updates for today April 14 , 2017 ***

1. Updated all the motherboards Bios to the latest ones available with new Agesa Microcode 1.0.0.4a.

2. Added Guru3D Hilbert's motherboard reviews links to the first page.

3. Fixed some typos and re arrange some wording.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Can't see it there. I see 4C/8T vs 6C/12T vs 8C/16T.
    But there is no 4C/4T vs 4C/8T, or any other SMT OFF vs ON situation.

Well, I see now. In upper part they use percentages and 4C/8T as reference point.
    In lower part they use SMT OFF as reference point. Looks like pseudo science. I would rather see actual results than percentages they measured.
    But that may show that they did something wrong here and there as people may get very different results.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    If game/Software uses MT it will scale good on SMT, but when game/soft don't uses this
    it will be drop in performance (Here is my Science/Ne01 Art & Logic :grad:)

17. mattm4

mattm4 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6900xt
    Tried the latest bios for the MSI Pro Carbon. Still no luck with 3200mhz. 2933 still, although they added a lot of memory features to the bios, anyone who has this board, go ahead and grab the latest update!

Quick question though, anyone who has a MSI board with Ryzen, how do you raise the base clock? and not just the multiplier of the cpu? I figured I could at least get to 3000mhz by manually raising the clock and then the multiplier. But I cant find that option in my bios.

18. nesty

nesty New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 470 Nitro+ 4G
    you simply cant raise bclk on board without external clock generator ..
    however small bclk adjustment was available on past beta bios with whopping range of 100-103 :banana:, but it would not post if set above 101

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Afaik ASRock Taichi is the only board with adjustable BCLK generator. Possibly Asus Crosshair VI too?

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Hero 6 also and I think the most expensive asrock also

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.