The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi Angelo

That's just bad luck,hopefully you will revive yours board,but still I would rather go route of the ASRock

Agree this shouldn't happen at all,few months back when my friend Asus X99 Deluxe 3.1 which has died in similar way,but he tried to update BIOS and after that,we couldn't bring his board to life

Good luck Angelo and keep us updated there:thumbup:

Thanks,Jura

2. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Man that sucks chispy. :( It sounds like ASUS has some serious issues with their Bios(es).

I got my Biostar X370GT7 in the mail today, so hopefully it plays nice when I get to set the rig up on Thursday.

3. ddelamare

ddelamare Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    My hardware is en-route today but i will be simply installing it and leaving it at stock clocks until we get BIOS updates and Windows Updates. I dont fancy bricking my new hardware lol

Even at stock clocks, everything is going to be much faster than my current rig.

Maybe in 6 months or so i'll look at overclocking (slightly)

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    1700 got even cheaper here in Finland and there are plenty of Asus PRIME X370-PRO mobos available. That combo costs less than single 1800X. Talk about great value (and when overclocked equal performance to overclocked 1800X).

5. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Hi guys,

so i´m thinking about the possibility of buying an 1700 and i wanted to pair with the Asus Crosshair 6 Hero. The problem was that the board was already expensive at launch (260€) and now it´s even more expensive (286€)!!! Of course i´m not going to pay almost 300€ for MB!!! So i started checking the Prime X370 but it seems a little weak... Normally i would read some reviews to make up my mind but for some strange reason Ryzens motherboards reviews don´t exist...
    So i would the opinion of any guru that bought this board and his experience so far, specially about overclocking. You´ll notice i only wrote about Asus boards because they are my favorite brand regarding MBs.

Thanks in advance!

Gar818, don´t you think that the voltage you applied is little exagerated??? I would drop the clocks to 4Ghz and reduce the voltage to 1.4v or lower but this is just my opinion.

@Chispy, talk about bad luck! And with the board that i want and i though it was best of the ones released so far!... But don´t give up! Better days will come!:D

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    4267MHz AIO WC :)
    bud thad V lolz

[​IMG]

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Hmm as for 1700 :banana:

but MOBO: Taichi, Big MSI, or Hero VI (with new Beta BIOS)

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Think of your necessities when it comes to board first, then the niceties. A lot of people buy a board much more expensive than they require. Do you need the extra 2 or 4 SATA ports if you use m.2 nvme and only have two drives, etc? List your necessities, and separately list your niceties.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    For me:

Good PWM + RAM PWM
    1x M.2 is a must
    8x SATA is a minimum

Hero VI :nerd: for me....

10. ddelamare

ddelamare Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4

11. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
  12. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
  13. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
  14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Yeah, I don't think that's safe voltage.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC

16. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    True. My necessities in terms of MBs features are simple: a sata port for the SSD, a free slot for the soundcard, som fan headers and a beefy voltage system to sustain a nice overclock. I want to hit the 4.0Ghz mark if i buy the 1700.
    But the reason i´m thinking about the Asus Crosshair is that i want to keep my system for at least 5 years and i might change the cpu if i want so i´m thinking that maybe a better board is a better buy in the long run...

But the Prime X370-PRO, or similar, in many ways is more than enough for me. And i found a store that sells it for 163€. Much better than the 286€ of the Crosshair...:3eyes:

Also a little rant about Asus: why did they destroyed their Deluxe line??? I loved these boards but first Asus made them stupidly expensive and now they ended the line. In their place they put the LED boards because stupid lights is really what a board needs...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  17. okismoki

okismoki Member

GPU:
    Evga 1080ti FTW 3
    I am still waiting for my taichi mb, are they in stock where you live?
    I am actually quite exited, this year is my 20 year aniversary since i built my first rig and weirdly enugh my first Asrock mobo.

18. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Personally I'm using mostly for all my builds Scan.co.uk and Taichi should be in stock there on 10 March

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asr...ata)-2-way-sli-crossfire-intel-gbe-wifi-usb-3

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

19. okismoki

okismoki Member

GPU:
    Evga 1080ti FTW 3
  20. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    Well i'm back with some updates , i rma the Asus CH 6 Hero and i should get a new one some time next week , no biggie :). It seems Asus bios needs some work.

As for the other built i was doing with the BIOSTAR X370GT5 , the board it's not good at all , lots of blank spaces in the Bios ( Bios incomplete ) , no overclocking features and it does not have heatsink on part of the VRM gotten extremely hot , i send it back for a refund and bought instead the ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 , it has a beefier 9 Digital Phase vrm with heatsink and overclocking options in the bios. that board will be in my hands on friday so i will update with my findings on that board.

I will keep updating this thread , no worries guys. I will put on hold writing the overclocking guide until we get better and stable bios in all the motherboards. Please keep posting your pictures set up and your findings on your Ryzen set up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates for today March 8 ,2017.

1. Placed a hold writing the overclocking guide until the Bios are more stable and mature.

2. Updated All Motherboard Bios with the latest ones.

3. Added HWinFO to the downloads , it is very accurate measuring temperatures on Ryzen cpus as per my own findings.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.