The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling Part 2

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Not bad... :cool:

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD

Jagman likes this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  4. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    So I guess it won't last long before a new version of CPU-Z comes out, where they tweak the benchmark part again.
    Because it ain't right AMD is so far ahead of Intel :cool:

Jagman likes this.

5. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  7. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070S
    Even Rocketlake will be hard pressed to beat that.

8. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
  9. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
  10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070

11. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R5
    This thread is amazing, there is literally so much insane amount of info in here to absorb it will take me forever to begin to pour through it all... thnx for this. Still building my machine slowly so will probably post when done (it's just an APU atm but going to install a 5000 series cpu and probably ask questions)

I saw some results showing Rocketlake did pretty well and even matched/surpassed Zen 3 in single-core albeit on some pretty substandard benchmarking tools (userbenchmark of all things which shouldn't be an industry standard as it's poorly coded crap) but it lost everywhere multi-threaded against Zen 3 (no surprise there)

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  13. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070S
    Please correct me if I'm blind but I would not call those two wins a "clear win" for AMD. Sure they are 99% on par but certainly not winning or above.

14. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Then you are blind

15. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070S
    Just looked at HHs scores and I still say they are not dominating but more or less matching. not saying that's bad but Intel has Rocketlake coming up and these chips won't match them. Still impressive to at least bring the generational gap as current to a tie.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Rocket Lake is measly 8cores while zen3 have 16cores. 1080p gamers will be happy though intel wins again by few percent.

17. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070S
    my problem is I guess I was expecting unquestionable domination. Plus the 10700k is $50-$70 cheaper than the 5800X so it's kinda weird to say Intel has the better Price V performance.

18. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R5
    Right - from an objective standpoint AMD has to be aware that Intel does squeeze more out of their Silicon per square inch even with all of the security exploits and flaws than AMD does. For now, and I really stress for now because Intel has really pushed their current process node to the max and I don't see more optimization from them unless a complete revamping of the architectural design akin to 2011 is accomplished in the next 2 to 4 years which is ... well I don't know. I just don't know. I won't wish demise on the only reasonable competition in the marketplace because we need it and wishing failure is just stupid. @Undying the irony, as I see it, is while yes it's a measly 8 cores - that measly 8 cores shouldn't be putting up as much of a fight as it is but for the ability that Intel is demonstrating somewhere within their ranks. If only we had this drive from the company (not the engineers per say) but the company as a whole 5 years ago and 10 nanometer 4 years ago. It's all out of wack and misplaced timing.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  19. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Personally I think it will be interesting to see how games ported from PS5 or XBOX-S etc. will perform on Ryzen, since they both have Ryzen CPU and AMD GPU.
    Edit
    I did try to order a 5900X and I came as far as pushing the PAY button and then was looking at : GATEWAY TIMED OUT error, which is the first time I have ever seen that on my preferred web shop. Trying to log in afterwards just timed out. Eventually I managed to log in and order a 5900X (it was still in my basket) and I also got conformation. It remains to be seen if they will actually ship one to me.

Kevin Mauro likes this.
  20. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2