1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling Part 2

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Just out of curiosity, what are your timings? There are two timings, Trdrd_Scl and Twrwr_Scl, that have a huge impact on ram bandwidth. The Stilt suggested them to be set to 2 if possible. Trfc has a decent impact as well.
    [​IMG]
    Those are still the timings am using.

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well the timings were all the same for CL14 3200/3466/3600 with same sub-timings for those screen grabs on AIDA64,I actually do not care about the bandwidth.I just want it stable when gaming.Also I run @3200 all the time since I have no difference in gaming from 2933mhz-3600Mhz. Thanks for the advice I will look into it.

CL16 I used default sub-timings.

My actual timings when i just checked are just about the same as your timings.
    The only difference from screenshot I posted is I lowered
    tRCDWR from 14 to 13
    tRP from 14 to 13

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    chispy and Clouseau like this.

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Wonder what the issue with 1.0.0.6 is for the C6H. Overclock.net and the ROG forum is increasing in negativity towards ASUS. Thankfully sanity prevails here.

Will see what the C8H has in store for new Ryzen.

EDIT:
    New favorite meme
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    chispy likes this.
  6. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
    Possibly people was expecting to run their 3000 Mhz ram at 4000 Mhz. For me BIOS 1103 on C7H enabled my Flare X to run 3600 MHz, which I could not do the last time i tried on BIOS 0702. (I didn't try on BIOS 1002)
    Apart from that, there is no difference between AGESA 1.0.0.6 and the previous one, performance wise. Since I game in 1440p the sweetspot for me is still 3200 MHz with tight timings, since running the ram @ 3600 MHz
    lowers the CPU clock unless I bump the VCore a few steps and then it becomes counter productive. I usually run with CPU voltage offset at -0.075 and it still boost to 4350 on single core and remains cool and quite.

3200 MHz AGESA 1.0.0.6
    [​IMG]

3600 MHz AGESA 1.0.0.6
    [​IMG]

chispy likes this.
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    The First Consumer Platform To Support PCIe Gen 4.0

According to the slide posted at Gamer.com.tw, AMD is planning to introduce Matisse-based chipset already at Computex. The slides have Gigabyte watermarks.

This X570 chipset would be the first to support PCI Express Gen 4, a technology supported by Zen 2 and 7nm Vega.
    This is interesting because AMD was not very eager to confirm that consumer parts, such as Ryzen or Radeon RX, would also support PCIe 4.0.
    If this leak holds true, then it would be very strange if Navi and Ryzen 3000 were not capable of supporting PCIe 4.0 as well.

The slide is clearly a few months ago, as B450 and Athlon 200GE series are still marked in red. That said, it is possible that the launch could be planned for a different event now.

[​IMG]

chispy likes this.
  8. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    Its been a while since I posted anything but when I did I posted about some issues with my ram and Ryzen. I was running 2 kits 1 was 2133 and the other was 2400 and neither was on my mobo's QVL.

I just got some Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000Mhz ram that is on that list and BOOM. PC boots up nice and quick now the mobo is not messing with the memory settings at boot trying to get it to work.

No more random crashes. I was always getting GPU related crashes if you remember and they are gone. I was gaming for 8 hours yesterday with not so much as a hiccup from my system.

Goes to show, Make sure you get the right ram!

Over the past 18 Years I had never really kept to matching ram in any of my systems and they all worked fine for the most part up and till Ryzen. Ryzen is fussy about ram xD

Its a breath of fresh air! I can play Overwatch and PUBG with out thinking "Oh god, Whens it gonna crash on me"

Time for some OC'ing fun then! Weeeeeeeeee

AsiJu and OnnA like this.
  9. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Despide I had to download and install manually (EZ Flash didn't found the update on the servers), didn't found any issue so far.
    A more useful release note would be appriciate from ASUS.
    As for AGESA still stucked on 1.0.0.2c, until a new version will be required for Zen2/7nm CPUs, I prefer bug fixes then new bugs, Windows 10 update policy is enough stupid to not bring it on hardware. Hopefully 1.0.0.6 is going to fix 1.0.0.4c issues instead to increase them..

OnnA likes this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    @dk_lightning
    Try to find sweet spot.

Now we know that 4000MHz CL16 and 4133MHz CL19 is possible on ZEN :D
    As for 3000MHz kit, try to go up to 3333MHz -> up V to 1.4v

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD

Jagman, chispy and DW75 like this.
  12. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    If this leak is true, the R7 3700X will be the CPU to get.

Jagman, OnnA and chispy like this.
  13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Nice!

Yeah with Ryzen you basically must pick memory from QVL or at least research the modules to make sure they are Ryzen-compliant (=single sided, single rank preferably).

For example the modules I bought were not on QVL (at the time) but I knew they were Samsung B-die so SS, SR and also the most compatible / recommended die.
    Ofc finding this information beforehand can be tricky.

Thankfully AMD was quite open about this during Ryzen's launch and stated that you basically need SS, SR memory to avoid issues.

Enjoy your (now crash free) system!

14. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070
    I know what you mean but it'll probably be a 3600X for me, 8c 16t for 230ish would be stunning as well. Still can't stop grinning after watching the video, face is starting to hurt :D

Oh and throw a RX3070/3080 into the mix as well.

AsiJu likes this.
  15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    I heard from someone in the industry and the LN2 overclocking scene that Ryzen 2 is able to run 5.1Ghz easy :) , bring it on i'm ready !

16. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Interesting thanks for sharing,seems like another AMD build is coming soon near me.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    FSB vs GPU (My experience):

Fury-X can go Up to 104FSB (notch higher and it's unplayable in games)
    Vega XTX can go up to 108FSB (Im using 104.8 or 105, Gaming without issues)

Every GPU is a little different, to know the "boundaries of the GPU", You need to set FSB then Play some Heavy Game (like DeusEx MkD or SotTR or ME Andromeda)
    If you get Black Screen or 'Landing' on desktop -> then is too much.

FSB gives Boost to every PCIe component on the MB.
    SSD/M.2/GPU/HDD/Sound Card etc. all have 5% Boost of free performance.
    I can say that Safest Value is 102-105FSB (some say that it's up to 109FSB, but that depends on Quality of the HW)

So up to 102-105 is the (for Radeons, as for nV i don't know) safe zone, with a little bandwidth bump across the Board.

Jagman likes this.
  18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    december bios released for asus b350

buts it acting strangely.
    I set same bios settings after the bios resets.

my pc just froze and when I hit reset button. the system shuts off and then turns back on....logs into windows and wattman says driver settings was reset......

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Strangely, Asus did release Bios with the new AGESA for several motherboards, but not for a fewl X370. Including my Asus ROG Strix X370 F Gaming.
    Maybe next week...