1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling Part 2

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    its kinda weird how my system will go into a fit and start having multiple bsod but then stops and goes on throughout the day like nothing happened......

o_Oo_Oo_O

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    ^ Just out of the blue yesterday started to get the same issue you described in the os thread. Deleted every trace of Realtek in the registry. Loaded up UAD 8553 and everything is back to normal. Also the OC I have on my 1080 (clock @ 2000 w/boost up to 2150 | memory @ 12010 voltage +22%) has been stable for ages until the recent driver came out. Reverting the driver back and all is fine again.

Basically just saying that it is going to be driver related.

3. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    I noticed something interesting has started happening with my R7 2700X since yesterday. Since I got the CPU a few weeks ago, it has been boosting on various cores up to 4.35GHz. Since yesterday, it is now boosting on various cores up to 4.45Ghz. I run the CPU at stock, and have not bothered with any overclocking.

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Just a heads up for users of ProcessLasso Beta 9.0.0.519 now supports NUMA for TR, so you can set your processes accordingly and settings will stick.
    Here some info Dynamic Local mode
    https://bitsum.com/cpu/video-of-ryzen-masters-dynamic-local-mode/
    New NUMA settings
    https://bitsum.com/product-update/numa-nodes-added-to-cpu-affinity-dialogs/

Might be very helpful for users of TR or want more per-process/app control.
    PS: I think a release version will also be out for those that don't like beta stuff.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Hold on to Your $: DRAM Pricing Now Expected to Drop Towards, Into 2019

A DRAM market pricing watch report from DRAMeXchange, a division of Trendforce, has just outed a prediction for DRAM price drops towards 2019 and into the same year.
    The report points to already-decreased by 10.14% pricing (US$34.5 in 3Q18 to the current US$31) for 4GB PC DRAM modules in the market, relative to the previous quarter, as a sign for continued drops.
    8 GB DRAM module pricing has declined by 10.29%, signaling an increased inventory of those parts.

The report also states that suppliers have just reached the inflection point for oversupply, despite continued efforts from manufacturers to artificially decrease manufacturing to keep a strain on demand.
    The report further states that "The ASP in the whole DRAM market is forecast to fall by as much as around 20% YoY in 2019, according to DRAMeXchange's latest analysis.
    After reaching peak profit in 3Q18, DRAM suppliers are now optimizing their costs so that they will have a soft landing in 2019 as prices are marked down every quarter."

[​IMG]

Note:
    Great News for RyZEN users :rolleyes:
    Now you can have -> 4000MHz CL19 Dream RAM at affordable price.

Jagman and Webhiker like this.
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    AMD Zen 2 Frequency and IPC Higher Than Expected On Early Engineering Samples, Possible Preview Tomorrow at Next Horizon Event

Today, AMD is going to talk a lot about their 7nm products which includes both CPUs and GPUs.
    While GPU talk would be mostly centered around Vega 20 with a possible look at AMD’s NAVI GPU which is aimed for launch sometime in 2019, the CPU talk would go around the AMD ZEN 2 CPU architecture.
    The event will start at 12 AM (Eastern Time) on 6th November, 2018.AMD’s Zen 2 architecture has long been in the works. AMD’s design team started working on Zen 2 right after the finished working on the first Zen architecture.
    We know that refinements were made to the original architecture and we got the new Zen+ design but the majority of the team was then working on completing the design for Zen 2.
    In February of this year, it was reported that AMD had finished designing the chip architecture and would be available for sampling later this year with a range of products available starting 2019.

In the server market, we will continue to work closely with major cloud vendors and OEMs to ramp their first generation EPYC-based systems while also completing key development milestones on our next generation Zen 2 based server platforms. Our Zen 2 design is now complete and we will be sampling to our customers later this year.

Dr.Lisa Su at AMD

AsiJu, jura11, Jagman and 1 other person like this.
  7. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    This was a huge help to the community. Hope Zen2, 3 or what ever it will be called can be tweaked better without the aid RTC provided.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    My New Timings 3360MHz w/FSB105 (~68-> 69.7ns [​IMG] )
    Overall faster than my last good 3500MHz CL16-17-17-17 36 54 416 1T GD 1.5v w/SOC 1.193v

Changed:
    ProcODT from 60 to 53
    CAD Bus from all 30 to all 20
    RTT same OFF/OFF/4 (need to test 7/OFF/4)

Also changed:
    DRAM Tune from 64 to Auto (all 4)
    SOC at 1.162 (fluc. 1.090 - 1.112v)
    DRAM at 1.45v (fluc. 1.395 - 1.439v)

Voltage Switch Freq. (was 350 all CPU/SOC/DRAM) now at 300KHz

Note:
    Im still learing my RAM (It's 4133 CL19 1.35v Kit)
    This week i will have my last 2x8GB -> So Final Build is with 32GB 4133MHz

UPD.
    It has Arrived today !
    Now my PC has 32GB 4133MHz DDR4 at 3360Mhz CL14 !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    jura11, Jagman and chispy like this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    First AMD EPYC Rome Motherboard Spotted w/PCIe 4.0

Part of AMD’s recent pre-announcement of its next generation Rome server processors, using 7nm chiplets and running up to 64 cores, is that the new processors will be compatible with current motherboards on the market.
    However, one of the new features of Rome is the use of PCIe 4.0. PCIe 4.0 has different standards for on-board signalling in order to get the required speed, so even though the processors are backwards compatible with PCIe 3.0,
    we expect new motherboards and new systems to be developed with PCIe 4.0 specifications in mind.
    Today, we saw the first early revision of such a motherboard.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13596/first-amd-epyc-rome-motherboard-spotted

jura11, Jagman and chispy like this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    DDR5 Memory Development Completed By SK Hynix – First DRAM Hits 5200 MT/s at 1.1V, 16 Gb Densities

[​IMG]
    In a press release, SK Hynix confirmed that they have completed development of their 16 Gb DDR5 DRAM. The next-generation DRAM is totally compliant of the JEDEC standard and is based on a 10 nm process node,
    allowing for efficient and faster operation than current generation DDR4 DRAM.

The DDR5 DRAM will be adopted by future computing platforms, starting off with servers first. The memory platform aims to deliver higher speeds with increased bandwidth and greater capacities.
    The priority target market would be data-centric applications which include Machine Learning, AI and Big Data.

“Based on technological advancements that allowed the industry’s first DDR5 DRAM to meet the JEDEC standards, SK Hynix plans to begin mass producing the product from 2020, when the DDR5 market is expected to open, to actively respond to the demands of clients,”
    said vice president Joohwan Cho, the Head of Volume Product Design Group.

Coming to the specifications, SK Hynix completed development of a 16 Gb DDR5 DRAM with their 10nm process technology. They are using the same process for the 8 Gb DDR4 DRAM but with the DDR5 interface,
    you get more than just faster speeds. It’s an architectural upgrade as a whole that aims to deliver the best efficiency that DRAM can offer.
    The DDR5 module that was developed runs with just 1.1V. This alone is a 30% decrease in power consumption compared to 1.2V on the DDR4 DRAM.

[​IMG]

In addition to the power improvements, the 16 Gb DDR5 DRAM has a data transfer rate of 5200 MT/s which is 60% faster than the standard 3200 MHz of DDR4 DRAM.
    Currently, there are only few memory kits out which offer up to 4800 MHz speeds while overclockers have achieved far beyond 5000 MHz using LN2. But consider this, 5000 MHz+ speeds on DDR4 were achieved using the best of the best overclocking tools,
    with DDR5, you would get that as a standard memory with overclocked speeds going beyond 6400 MHz.

SK Hynix has already stated that they are providing a major chipset manufacturer with DDR5 RDIMMs and UDIMMs. These are for both server and PC platforms, offering twice the capacity as current-generation memory.
    While the development of DDR5 has been completed, the actual adoption rate would take some time to hit the same levels as DDR4.
    That is expected around 2020, the same time around when SK Hynix plans to begin mass production for their DDR5 DRAM.

11. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I never had temps this low...
    26-27c while using chrome.....

my pc doesnt work well as a heater....lol

my gpu on full clocks running at 30c idle
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Jagman and chispy like this.
  12. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    Your temps are close to mine. With it being fall here now, my CPU while net surfing is 25 degrees. My motherboard is 24, and my video card is 24.

Jagman likes this.
  13. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/Radeon VII
    When I select high performance power plan the core speed seems to fluctuate? This doesn't happen on my old Intel rig. Is this normal? I expected the core speed to be locked but it isn't. Under processor power management the minimum is set to 100% but not all cores are sticking to that.

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  15. devastator

devastator Member Guru

GPU:
    rtx 2070
    dd5 at 5200 is good but if latency is bad might not make a difference they should try and lower latency first i think anyway

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    32GB 4x8GB Stable 100%
    Will Tweak Moar in time (BFV ;))

UPD. Also Stable :D
    tWRWRSD/DD need to be at 6 for 32GB

Note:
    Is good to Set (for 4x8GB - all banks)
    DF Common options/ Location of private memory region -> as Distributed

New
    [​IMG]

OLD

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Jagman, chispy and fantaskarsef like this.
  17. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    Jagman and chispy like this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Here some new Stable settings
    Low V for SOC & DRAM ! -> Now is set: SOC 1.1v DRAM 1.4v

OMG That DDR4 Kit can do miracles when Tweaked right.
    Note: Im close to 1T (no-GD) at similar LL timings [​IMG]

But still i can't manage why Latency is so High? Should be ~68ns

[​IMG]

RespecT to @1usmus !

chispy likes this.
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    4133MHz CL19 :D (I need to try this out)

20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL that guy I think he even posted a video doing 4600Mhz on Ryzen ,not a chance. I am jealous ,I want my 4000+ Mhz Ryzen ram to work past 4000Mhz.

If interested I tested some DDR4 from 3200/3466/3600 CL14 and CL16,damm no 4000Mhz for me on my cheap ass Ryzen stuff.
    BTW for those who want to know with tight timing on the ram from 2933Mhz thru 3600Mhz no difference in gaming on average for me@2560 x 1440.

Update AGESA Code 1.0.0.6 for my board and still no pass 3600Mhz on the ram.
    Back to modded BIOS with AGESA Code 1.0.0.4 for me.

[​IMG]