1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling Part 2

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. mmhorda

mmhorda New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I've tried what @gerardfraser said. my problem is that DRAM Calculator is saying that this memory is not supported. I could run this memory on another X470 motherboard with the same CPU.
    It stopped working when i moved to this new board. All those clocks are actually matching in BIOS to the once that are reported by thaiphoon.
    So yeah. I am more than confused :)
    one more thing pls: you posted a picture from master Ryzen above (where all those voltages) I cannot see anything like that in my Ryzen Master. I have latest version but it looks different. How did you make it look like that?

Thanks!

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Your running 2700X on X470 Motherboard You will not have the same results on the 2700X CPU.
    Expect Max 3200Mhz stable,but with certain memory can go to 3600Mhz stable(not commom) and with a very particular type of memory and proper cooling you may get a little higher(rare very rare).

Since you did not list anything like memory and stuff and asking these questions I suggest you watch this video and write down the key points he makes on SOC voltage and things.It should get you to 3200Mhz stable on your RAM if your Ram even supports it.Do not expect more than 3200Mhz stable,really it is a great normal speed for 2700X.

3. liviut

liviut Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 290
    i dont know if this is going to help you but here are my 100% stable settings for my last cpu and ram ryzen 5 1600x and micron b-die memories
    1.36 voltage
    https://imgur.com/a/5pTan7t 3200 mhz
    https://imgur.com/a/HtPatxL 3466 mhz

4. MaestroBayten

MaestroBayten Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 LC 8gb
    Apparently AMD said it is a bug in the BIOS that cause wrong clocks on CPU's and it will be fixed soon.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Stupid question perhaps but have you flashed the latest BIOS for your board? :)

Regarding the Ryzen Master picture, I haven't done anything really, it's running at default. Maybe Ryzen Master looks differently when on a Zen2 processor as opposed to a Zen or Zen+ processor?

6. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  7. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Up to 45% improvement in performance in certain games, with the right and properly configured memory. That is... significant

8. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    the take away from that video appears to be a well tuned 3800 kit rules them all.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    My 3700X will arrive next week :D

10. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
    Best laugh of the day :)

11. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 Super

I saw that video earlier on Reddit. When you think Intel could not stoop any lower, they throw themselves down a couple flights of stairs.

12. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I put the video in vault of fail today,it was funny.

13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Is it possible to fail a ram stress test with a 3000 series cpu? Either I have hit the jackpot in the silicon lottery or something is very, very wrong. Finally put the new rig together and passed down the old hardware to my son. Overclocking the ram this time around is absolutely no fun. Whatever I have set, it just works. Have not installed Ryzen Master. The Strix X470-F bios has a separate setting for the fabric clock. Decided for giggles to test 3800 CL16 w/FLCK set to 1900. It passed TM5 without issue. Gamed for an hour on Metro Exodus and Battlefield 4 without a problem. PBO/XFR not fiddled with, left on default settings.

Dram Calculator Stress & HWiNFO
    [​IMG]

Benchmark Results (4)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bios Screen Shots (8)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Evildead666 likes this.
  14. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Good to know that even the X470 in Asus's line is also 300KHz Voltage frequency by default for the CPU (as well as my B450).

Clouseau likes this.
  15. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti

Further tighten your timings. Try dropping down to CAS 15. I'm not stable below 16, but you might be. Also, try lowering these timings as well.
    Tfaw 14
    TwtrS 3
    TwtrL 10
    Twr 10
    TrdrdScl 3
    TwrwrScl 3
    Trfc 260
    TwrwrSd 6
    TwrwrDd 6
    TrdrdrSd 4
    TrdrdrDd 4

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Clouseau likes this.

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Whish CL15 was possible on this board. The CrossHair would post/boot with odd cas but not this this board. Even with geardown disabled it refuses to post, just a dead. Need to clear cmos by shorting pins to recover. Will try the other timings. Thanks for the suggestion. Love the rgb on the gpu this go around. If the rgb stays white, no post; switches to amber...good to go.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  18. mmhorda

mmhorda New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Yep. You are right. I have replaced 2700x with 3900x and I have no more issues running my 3600 memory anymore.
    Thank you!

Evildead666 likes this.
  19. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Interesting, though I prefer that other Aussie dude (Hardware Unboxed) who uses lots of thermocouples to get his temps, at least on the Mobo reviews.
    By using his own temp thermocouples, he is taking the Motherboard/CPU reporting out of the equation, as many of the different board manufacturers may have different read points/values.
    At least it makes his results consistent. :)

20. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    That was quite the jump and the 3900X looks to be one of those awesome CPU'S that handle just about everything fine.I would love to have one but I only play games and the 3600X I have are also very good CPU.
    It is always fun playing with new CPU,time to try to get your ram to 3800Mhz and memory controller and infinity fabric to 1900Mhz and see how it goes.