The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling Part 2

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    No. From a quick look I saw a grand total of one, and the fan was part of the m.2 heatsink and not the chipset.

Night Hope likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Jonas you tried updating to latest agesa with sam support? Did you tried enabling it on your zen2/rdna1? I dont see the option using X570/2700x/rx580 after enabling 4g decoding. Maybe im blind...

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    My Gigabyte bios is currently up to F31 so availability of SAM would probably be when they update to the next bios beta if that incorporates 1.1.8.0 as they might wait on a later possibly more stable version too which they've done before, think the current included one AGESA is 1.1.0.0 Patch D so for any non-Zen3 CPU models the setting is currently hidden.

MSI and a few Asus boards are already on this AGESA code though so Gigabyte could end up with a F32A bios that includes this until AMD readies newer versions for motherboard vendors to incorporate. :)

Gigabyte is a little bit slower with moving to the latest code but they are also working on resolving ongoing compatibility issues and bugs on their motherboards involving a few serious ones with USB connectivity, Realtek 2.5 GB LAN disconnections, CMOS boot issues until the battery is removed (IE a full reset and power down.) and ongoing memory compatibility and a few settings possibly aiding high-speed kit compatibility and reducing WER logging due to small correctable but still important to know they're there RAM errors. (Though currently this is also done by running a few settings above AMD bios defaults I think.)

I think the CMOS one is a hardware issue on several later revised board models but the rest can be solved by firmware updates and code fixes.

Looking at a Zen3 CPU too but there's existing pre-orders for more than the incoming early to mid January shipments and now GPU pre-ordering for the Navi20's are starting up as it's looking like availability will be somewhat coming along in late January to mid February. :D

For now the Zen2 CPU's doing a good job, GPU's well I'd upgrade if I had the possibility to do so but the 5700XT's holding up despite it's issues but at least AMD eventually resolved most of the software ones.
    Hardware wise I am unsure how much is down to potential defects, micro damages where no amount of driver updates will ever stabilize things for some users and just general sensitivity to other hardware or stability for the system overall.

Holiday sales season now too so letting that calm down ensures I avoid getting a banana edition curved GPU anyways. :p

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yep 1.1.8.0 has a couple of quirks currently.
    https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...gigabyte-latest-beta-bios?p=976045#post976045

https://www.tweaktownforum.com/foru...-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios/page831#post976073

https://www.msi.com/news/detail/e6223bc16d1f1d90182e0ee0929f5447

Suppose that means 1.1.9.0 for January as the fixed version here.
    Hmm and then 1.2.0.0 for PBO2 as the next feature and perhaps more. :)

Could change but it certainly sounds like the ongoing stuff is going to be resolved with 1.1.9.0 coming out next so that would make 1.2.0.0 a good start for new stuff but SAM could still land in 1.1.9.0 since it's already semi-available. :)

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    AMD Readies Ryzen 9 5900 12 Core & Ryzen 7 5800 8 Core ‘Zen 3’ Desktop CPUs For OEMs, Will Come in 65W Flavors

-> https://wccftech.com/amd-readies-ryzen-9-5900-12-core-ryzen-7-5800-8-core-zen-3-desktop-cpus/

The AMD Ryzen 5000 Desktop CPU is already packed in the $300 US+ category but OEMs will soon be receiving two brand new parts, the Ryzen 9 5900 and the Ryzen 7 5800.
    The CPUs will offer the same core configurations as their 'X' series brethren but the main difference comes in the clocks & TDP figures.
    As revealed by Patrick Schur and Momomo_US, both chips will come with a 65W TDP which is much lower than the standard 105W TDP you get with the 'X' series variants.
    The clocks will definitely be a tad bit lower for the 65W TDP parts but you will expect performance within 90-95% of the 'X' series SKUs.
    Unlike Intel, AMD tends to retain overclocking support for their Ryzen CPUs across the board and we can expect the same from the upcoming chips.

Coming to specifications, the AMD Ryzen 9 5900 will carry the '100-000000062' OPN code. It will feature 12 cores, 24 threads, 64 MB of L3 cache, and 2 MB of L2 cache.
    The AMD Ryzen 7 5800 will feature the '100-000000064' and consist of 8 cores, 16 threads, 32 MB of L3 cache, and 4 MB of L2 cache.
    The clock speeds for both chips are unknown at the moment but as stated, they will end up slightly slower than the Ryzen 9 5900X and the Ryzen 7 5800X.

Both chips will also come at a slightly lower price point.
    Note: My gues it will be 499€ & 329€ parts.

6. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Have put together my system yesterday
    Compact SFF water-cooled rig- Louqe Ghost MKIII chassis
    Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus X570i Pro wifi
    CPU- Ryzen 7 5800x
    Graphic card - EVGA RTX 3080
    Double 240 radiator
    Swiftec Apogee Drive II Pump / block combo
    It runs fairly hot-idle now 48-50 degrees, core usage type zero, @ 3.7Mhz according to HWiNF64

Cinebench R23 mutli core pass 10 minutes:
    Avg Efficient clock 4.3Mhz
    CPU (Tctl / Tdie) 85.9 - 86.1 degrees
    completely stable

But it does NOT FEEL so hot. The air and chassis are not so hot to the touch compared to a stress test from a similar intel i5 1060k system. Maybe need to reinstall Windows 10 or something?

Help?

ZXRaziel likes this.
  7. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Nice PC bud, enjoy.

8. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Thanks
    But I need help..

9. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Check for air bubbles in your water system, reseat and redo thermal paste. How you set up your case fans will help too. Also you can adjust voltage to help in bios but I can't help you with that I'm running 2700x and have my Asus CH VII Hero running at auto except for my ram that I set manually. Someone in here can help with your voltage, voltage offset and LLC ect., that will help temp the most from what I've read in previous comments.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    OnnA and darrenj like this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Anyone tried using sam with the latest bios x570 and 2700x? There is still no option for me even though im using f31q from gigabyte.

11. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    It's in Settings/IO Ports, right below PCIe bifurcation - I'm told. Don't have the board myself.

Undying likes this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    There is 4g encoding but when i enable it there should but resize bar option but there isnt. Maybe you cant really do it with zen+ or we wait for another bios update.

13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    I've the resize bar option on my mobo now, just sayin.

Undying likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    potentially not being provided for the Gen 3 controllers in the Zen and +, Agesa can differentiate based on the device string.

It'd be difficult to differentiate the feature on the 2 and 3's since the iodie exposes a pcie controller with the same capabilities and device string.

Undying likes this.
  15. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    As a last resort try going into the BOOT section and set Launch CSM to disabled.
    If it's already disabled then just ignore this post.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I heard chipset drivers are not necessary for Zen 3 CPUs and Win10. True or false?

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    False, you need to run the installer to expose the Power Saver < > Performance Slider.

18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You always want the latest chipset drivers.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I thought AMD power plan was no longer recommended? Windows one was the way to go?

I usually agree but it's just something I saw somewhere. Oh well, probably false :)

20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Well differences can vary for everyone, but in my experience new chipset drivers are always a must download.