The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling Part 2

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    The Gaming-E is widely available here in The Netherlands at various shops.

I see the X570 Gaming F is available on Amazon.com at least, if you don't mind the lack of Wi-Fi, and a few less USB 3.1 ports. Visually they look the same anyway.

I went with the F, since I'm using wired Internet at home anyway, and I needed something to bridge my 2700X to my next week's(?) 5950X, since the B550s don't support Zen+.

2. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    Just my $0.02. I´ve upgraded the BIOS of my C7H to the 4001 beta using an old 2700X and it worked just fine and I was lucky enough to get a 5900X which is working perfectly fine for a couple of days now. The only thing is, I have two SSD, one with Windows 10 and another one with Windows 7. I cannot launch Windows 7, I´m getting a message stating that the BIOS in this system is not fully acpi compliant. Tried to reset the BIOS to it´s default settings a couple of times and even tried to reinstall Windows 7 but as soon as the installer launches, PUM, BSOD with that error over and over again. Is not even let me reach any repair or install menu.
    Please let me know if you have any ideas about this issue.

Besides that, I have 4x16GB 3466Mhz sticks that I could never use it at that speed with the 2700x before and now it is running at 3733Mhz, so I cannot complain about that [​IMG]

Regards,
    Ale

SplashDown and Undying like this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD

rubene66 and Pictus like this.
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I was so close to buy an Asrock motherboard, back then.
    But ended up buying Asus. I trully regret this decision....

6. Kool64

Kool64 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070S
    ASRock are kinda hit or miss sometimes though. My old B450M PRO 4 was entirely useless with my 3700X for almost 2 months after Zen 2 released and it took that long for a usable BIOS to be posted.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Now im looking at my 3700X at 4.4GHz and 3800CL16 1T :p
    #Who needs better & why?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I have the stock cooler with my 2700x, last couple of days I've hard hard locks I believe due to temps, maybe it's time to buy a better cooler, are there any recommended coolers for somewhere between 50EUR and 100EUR (preferably closer to the 50EUR mark) please?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: After a little looking around the "Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO" seems to offer much better performance than the stock cooler for a good price (around 30 EUR after VAT deduction in Sweden), anyone else have this one?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  10. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Thanks for the info, I have the same board and 2700x and was waiting to see someone else do the bios before I did it with a 5800x so thanks.

11. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    There is a new BIOS out - v4007. Which enables resizable BAR support for GPU's.

[​IMG]

OnnA likes this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    ASUS pimped out 1180 AGESA for their line-up, which all have the RBAR support.

14. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    RBAR wasn't mentioned in the initial 401 bios (where Ryzen 3 support was added to ROG CH VII ) which was also based on AGESA 1180.

Edit
    And to clarify AMD's SAM will also work on 1'st gen Ryzen.

But SAM should be used with newer GPU's since some tests have shown that older GPU's, like the Radeon 580 does take a performance hit when using SAM.

SAM or Re-size Bar support will only show up in BIOS after Above 4G Decoding is enabled.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    IMhO 3700X is better value.
    We need 5700X ;)

16. Kool64

Kool64 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070S
    Yeah going from a slightly slower 8 core to a faster 6 core would feel weird. Plus even when I bought my 3700X at 329 I would feel silly paying $300 for a 6 core.

Passus likes this.
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    MSI Confirms AMD Smart Access Memory Support on Ryzen 3000 'Matisse' & Ryzen 4000G 'Renoir' CPUs, Spotted Running With NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 GPUs

So as of right now, NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 30 GPUs have SAM support enabled on both AMD 500-series and Intel 400-series motherboards.
    Since AMD 400-series motherboards are also offering resizable-BAR support, we expect them to carry the same technology for NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 30 graphics cards.
    The AMD Radeon RX 6000 series will also be compliant with AMD's 400-series and Intel 400-series platform in the same way they are on AMD's 500-series platform.

As for CPUs, the following lineups have shown support for resizable bar:

• Ryzen 5000 (Vermeer)
    • Ryzen 4000 (Renoir)
    • Ryzen 3000 (Matisse)
    • Intel 10th Gen (Comet Lake)
    -> https://wccftech.com/msi-amd-smart-...n-4000g-cpus-with-nvidia-geforce-rtx-30-gpus/

18. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
    Exciting times....:)

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Good, moving to AGESA 1.1.8.0 and higher (1.1.9.0 and 1.2.0.0 I think it was?) landing these features and additional enhancements and improvements, fixes and what not should make for some fun testing including SAM here and what else PBO2 I think it was at least for the 5000 series CPU's coming up. :)

Also some possible testing between hardware and if the suggested way AMD's doing SAM actually changes anything in terms of performance or not for the 5000 series of CPU's against the earlier 3000 ones.
    Newer drivers on NVIDIA's side should also unlock this whatever branch this lands in for public testing or the general launch drivers if nothing pops up through some Windows Insider test driver first.

Potentially also AMD unlocking it for additional GPU models guess it might follow what NVIDIA unlocks it for at least initially.

EDIT: Yep 1.1.8.0 or newer for January at least from plans AMD had in early December, could be shifted up and then maybe newer chipset drivers there's already the mid-November leaked ones or well third party vendor hosted I suppose.
    (Just a change with the supplied power plans for that one.)

Jonny Manc likes this.
  20. Night Hope

Night Hope Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 8GB
    Guys all B550 motherboards come with micro fans?