The Age of gamer...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by mmaturen, Feb 19, 2005.

1. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    29 here and still good looking,honest,been playing for 23years, lol

2. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I'm 20 years old. I've gamed since the age of 3 and 4.

3. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    I have been playing games since i was about 8 or so but i wasnt into them as i am now, i was more into playing with fire :)

4. Roberto88h

Roberto88h Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 9600GT 512MB
    I've been playing SNES since I was 3. The first real game that I played on PC that wasn't really kid friendly was Doom/Doom 2 I guess I was 5 years old then? too long ago... I remember being able to beat Doom 2 when my father couldn't, he wasn't too happy that a 5/6 year old could to something he couldn't. good times...

I'm currently 17.

5. roflcopter

roflcopter Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800nu OC (385/785) 12p6v
    19 , 1st game ive played (pc) was mario (non us version, had lightning bolts) for comadore 64, it was before the mario for nintendo i think.. lol

6. Megabigd

Megabigd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 3080TI FTW HYB
    I started playing when Atari 2600 first came out, come to think of it I had a pong system first. I'm 29 now and I still play like crazy. Probably more now than when I was younger.

7. dakotase

dakotase Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X850XT PCI-E/NV5 Silencer
    Wow, so far I think I'm the oldest. 55 and been gaming since back in the old days of my first PC, an Apple IIe.

8. Newbie Coal

Newbie Coal Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI XFX-8800GTS's 1280Mb @600/1011
    I've been gamein since 7 when I got my sega mastersystem wonderboy 3 was kickass I've just started pc gamin got my first job at 18 brought my own pc been adding to it ever since I'm 19 now

9. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    i'm 21 and been gaming on my pc for only a couple of years. when i was a teenager i tried to get into pc gaming. got a k6-2 pc but could only afford to buy a sucky monster fusion card for it and only had like 3 pc games. only a couple of years ago i was finally able to buy a 9600xt equipped gaming machine and now have like fifty pc games.

10. Yanze

Yanze Member

GPU:
    PEAK Radeon 9800SE 256MB (128-bit)
    wtf? 53, 55 ??? :bugeye: ;)
    Well, i'm 32, playing CoD:UO:BAS almost every free minute i have, i like it a lot :zap:

In the early days, i played a pinball-game, Duke Nukem and ... of course ...

LEMMINGS

:bunch:

11. FirePhoenixCtk

FirePhoenixCtk Active Member

GPU:
    X1900xt 512mb
    hhey im 19 and i been gaming since about 10 i think.. on the good ol nes and gameboy :D .. it all started since my parents used to play mario alot..

12. chfields

chfields Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 285 1GB SC
    I just turned 43 and I have been playing since before they had computers...LOL I play COD, Medal of Honor,Farcry,Doom3,UT2004 now, used to play Pong,Pacman,Star Trek,Odyssey,Galactic something,Duke Nukem,Original Doom, those are only the ones I can remember. My first computer was the TRS80 by Radio Shack......First floppy drive was a tape recorder.....I've had Apples,IBM,Northstar and after that had them custom built and built the last 3-4 myself.

13. DRMechanic

DRMechanic Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 6800GT 256
    Just turned 55 and play CoD, CoD:UO, Farcry, Doom3, UT, Max Payne 2, RTCW and MoH...

14. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    I will never stop gaming with age.

15. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    I'm 15 y/o! I've been gaming since I was 5, I was playing Doom!

16. pajoas

pajoas Member Guru

GPU:
    4850 1gig 750/1100
    I dont game but I do collect them. well over 1000 at last count. I started gaming before computers remember pong?, then I started with the TI-994A, Vic20,64, TRS-80, etc,ect, on the computer side of it and I too miss my tape drive(LOL). (I had concules too). At the time I had 100's of games for them all on tape. 20+ years or so later and after thousands of dollars the games today may look better and be more complex but the best gaming fun I ever had was over 20+ years ago. BTW I was Born in 1970

17. honestjohn

honestjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk HD 5770 @ 1010C
    43 here. Played through Doom III once already and now on a second run, kicking it up a notch or two. Been away from gaming for a while, took several levels to get my reflexes back, it's like riding a bike though. Didn't think the old man had it in him anymore.

Cut my gaming teethe with classics like Pong on TV, later graduated to Wolfenstein 3D, Duke Nukem 1 &2 side scrollers. Doom 1,2, etc, Star Wars Dark Forces and Duke Nuklem 3D.

First PC - Toshiba 1000 Laptop with 1 - 720k 3.5 Floppy / 768 Flash RAM / DOS 2.11 in ROM / 4" x 11" Blue and Green LCD NON-Backlit. I really miss that Laptop.

18. MONSTERUS

MONSTERUS Guest

Well it's good to know older guys don't give up on this one! :D
    27 here and counting. Been playing on consoles first : SegaMegaDrive,
    Panasonic 3DO, Sony PCS, than went on and now playing on PC:
    Battlefield 1942 DC Mod, CS:Source, WolfET etc.

19. JamesDax

JamesDax Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 7600GS
    I'll be 46 next month have been playing Video/Computer games since the days of Pong. I suspect I'll be playing for the rest of my life. I just hope I'm around long enough to see some really good VR.

20. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    We should all have an age war as in a frag to find the best pro guru gamer of 20+years of gaming skill[dm3,css,mta,and others,e.g-rts,racing,sports]
    Maybe have a chart of overall wins on varied games,MTA anyone?