The "3dMark05" 6000+ club

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by xtatdsm, Dec 19, 2004.

1. compgeek89

compgeek89 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1080ti SC2
    ROFL, I managed... half that. ehe. Ill blow you outta the water with my 7800 GT in 2 months. ;)

2. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Come on Nerm, let us in on the new tweak. This is a place to share, lol!

3. Nerm

Nerm Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Evga 7900gt Signature Series
    Don't worry I will share it once I figure out if it will actually work and then after that I have to contact FM and make sure they ok it and that they don't deem it a cheat. There is a fine line between tweaking and cheating sometimes lol. :)

4. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Yeah, good point! Talk to you soon, good luck man!

5. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980

yes sir it has just stuck it on water running pure ethanol 27deg idol 38 load@730/1300, mem is no heat sinks at all atm my cooler man is on holidays, still vmod to come as well but ill haft to hard mod it or vid it as it wont pencil no resistor on r1597 bit of a bummer, its at 1.4v stock atm so 1.9 is what i ran on my x800 so I am thinking high 700 maybe 800mhz Nerm a killer core m8! ;)

compgeek i love a challenge:p

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
  6. Nerm

Nerm Master Guru

GPU:
    Sounds like a killer core. 800mhz on water? that would be very nice lol. What happened to the cooler? I was just getting ready to suggest that since you have the XE and the LS that you could put the LS on the cpu and then mod the XE to go on your card. :)

7. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    Humm I never gave it a though nerm interesting idea I also have a swiftech pelt here off my x800 but needs a gasket kit it will go -25 as well I am running just a maze 4 atm. yes I think I will look in to that, and yes cooler is coming along but my upgrade is not still waiting for ati to pull out there finger, but on a good note Dfi look like their crossfire is a pearler maybe as good as the nf4 I hope

8. Nerm

Nerm Master Guru

GPU:
    phrozin, the only problem with modding the XE or LS to fit your gpu is you would have to insulate like crazy and because of how cold it would be you would only get 4 - 5 hours of benching out of it at a time, because with video cards after a while of being so cold they just completely frost over.

9. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    Humm interesting we haft to talk nerm when I get my new rig up m8 you have some very good ideas!

10. Nerm

Nerm Master Guru

GPU:
    Just give me a holla whenever you are ready. :D

11. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    wow... gl, hope u can hit 800

and compgeek...

><

if u have trouble beating me, ur have more troble with phrozin

he single 6600gt got like 80k++ aquamark

something like that...

12. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Geeze, and I was happy with 76,101 wth my GT flashed Ultra. Aquamark is a bit more CPU dependent though (At least that is my opinion) so his FX-53 or FX-55 is just a bit faster than my little 3500+, lol.

13. Nerm

Nerm Master Guru

GPU:
    New 05 score....

14. macka

macka New Member

GPU:
    GAINWARD 6800GT "GS" 256MB 450/1230Mhz
    6957 3dMark 05 on 77.50 from guru3D

:rolleyes:

trying to get max............

any proposed mods ? contact me

15. Doomster

Doomster Master Guru

GPU:
    SapphireHD3850/AcerX263w
    What's this I'm reading about ethanal as a coolant....if anything leaked...it would melt your motherboard components and if it caught fire.....it would explode...very flammable liquid!!!!

16. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    No it’s fine! Guys with chillers have been using it for ages as it will not freeze its not new and runs cooler than ambient but if you drop in a bit anti freeze it deaden the volatility it just smells bad and I have had a few reservoirs leak big time and I just dry him off and go again no hassle at all but maybe not for every one I certainly would not recommend it to a novice, its not like the stuff you get from your petrol station. It’s nowhere near as bad as phase changing cascades they run propane gas now that’s dangerous!:)

17. Nerm

Nerm Master Guru

GPU:
    ethonal is best used with Dry Ice. :)

18. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Phrozin,
    Can you use Ethanal in a regular water cooling system? If so would there be any gain over using straight distilled water? This is the first time I have ever heard of this idea. It sounds very intersting to me. Thanks man, talk to you soon.

19. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    Yes I do and yes it runs sub ambient where water seldom go’s under ambient if at all to give you an idea my x850 with the stock cooler @600mhz core runs at about 44 to 48 idol and anywhere up to 60deg load fan 100% with a noisy ass sunon pointed at it as well on water it runs about 36 idol and up to 45 to 50 deg load ethanol it runs 25to 28 idol and about 33 to 36 load bit of rule of thumb but you get the idea.

The down side you really shouldn’t use any alloy components in the system as it can corrode them quite quickly if left un serviced for a long time say 12month or so me I strip my cooling down quite regular so no biggy , anti freeze can help that but it will still corrode. Its more widely used with guys who make them selves a chiller out of a old air con and drop the evaporator into ethanol because it won’t freeze at extreme –0 temps a fair bit of anti freeze contains ethanol or methanol and glycol and as nerm said also with dry ice boys

Ethanol is really only for the extreme stay with demineralised water till you have a very good understanding of water-cooling do’s and don’ts, but I find it much more friendlier than water but thats my take on it.
    :)

20. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Very Interesting, thanks for the explanation! After I become more comfortable with my water coolng setup and get discouraged by it's performance I'll have to consult you about switching to ethanal.