The "3dMark05" 6000+ club

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by xtatdsm, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    i don't think is your mobo, what is the bios you use?
    Pehraps DDR have error?

And you can' t compare with pentium, the HT run at more 2300Mhz with a 64 bit at the speed i run... 5x the speed of the Ram...it' s why i can have performance like a fx 53- a 4000+,

The chipset is totally different, just the 128 bit dual Chanel using directly in the CPU + the Ram...

I put more 1200 mb/s on sandra test bandwith of the more speed
    P4 EE with L3 2Mo..(the more high in their test vers. 2005)
    Imagine what can made a FX 55 at same price of this CPU
    This is just for you can verify my settings of ddr:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  2. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I need a info... Is someone have test the system cooler Air Zalmann for GPU named 700 CU?

3. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    no no

fx5700s can manage barely 800 in 05 at max

my le runs about 600 to 650

and 5900s arent doing too good either, all getting smashed by 9800s ...fx core isnt that good in dx9

4. Tokinbudz

Tokinbudz Member

GPU:
    BFG 7800GT 490/1200
    Well i just gave up and did an AI overclock of a whopping 3%, put the ram timings at stock timings, put PEG mode on normal and got the following scores (Best scores ever without any graphic glitches). Not bad for a small OC but i suck at it so maybe ill get a DFI lol.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005

5. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    snip3r_3,
    You are right, sorry about that, I feel like an idiot. I am not sure what I was thinking. With that said, 600-850 is pretty low, I really thought that card would do a little bit better. Is that about normal for the LE? Thank you for letting me know my mistake!

6. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    I see so many Guru's on this thread with the same hardware I have who are scoring 6000 or better in Mark05.

How are you guy's doing it? My best score is 5780, That's with my GPU OC'd to the max possible and with the best and newest display drivers I could find on the Guru download site.

What am I doing wrong, or should I say, what am I not doing right?

:(

7. Species

Species Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS (512) 750/1875/1000
    Not bad i guess, hit 6,111 tonight in 3dM05, i must do better :(

8. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Pigchild,
    I would say there is nothing wrong with your system or setup, 5,782 is a very good score and is about right for your system give or take a bit. As we all know, not all similar hardware is created equal. My best score is 6,052 and that was with my CPU @ stock 2.2GHz, and GPU clocked to 450/1200 with driver version 76.41. That is only about 200 more 3DMarks than you. With my CPU and GPU at stock speeds I got 6,014 which is probably a more representative score than the one with my GPU uber overclocked. With 3DMark 05 CPU clock speed doesn't play a big role, I think the GPU probably plays the strongest role in this benchmark (Anyone back me up on this?). I was stuck at around 5,700-5,850 for months before I broke 6k and like you, it was frustrating to me. Maybe try uninstalling the display card drivers, running a driver cleaner in safe-mode, reinstalling the new drvier clean, sometimes that helps. Also run a registry cleaner, I know I do about once or twice a month. Once last point, sometimes I get a better score with my card clocked at 440/1150 than at 450/1200 for whatever reason. So maybe try letting your driver "deteck optimal frequencies" and see what happens insted of just gettign it as high as it will go. Well good luck and if you need more help feel free to ask. Since I am no expert most likely none of my suggestion will do anything but they might be worth a shot, HaHa.

9. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Thanks for the suggestions! I noticed that you are also using the same drivers I am. The registry cleaner utility is found in the driver cleaner program correct?

I know this sound stupid but I don't fully understand the whole registry thing and it sometimes confuses me. Now if I clean the registry as you sugggested wouldn't that cause problems as cleaning it would delete it?

10. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I put the link ORB... The speed report of GPU is false...certainly the
    SLI... but...7208.

[​IMG]

11. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Pigchild,
    Don't feel stupid, the registry can be very overwhelming to many people, including myself, not to mention very confusing. I will try to answer you questions as best I can, but at the moment I have to run out. I should be back in an hour or two. O-yeah, the registry cleaner I am refering to is not part of Driver Cleaner, it is a separate utility that I use. It can be downloaded for free from many sources. I'll talk to you soon man

12. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Excellent! You will have to give me the link to that so I can download it.

13. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Pigchild,
    Sorry I did not get back to you last night like I said I would. I am in the process of buying a new car and was at the dealership for about two hours. Anyway, I take it you would like to download the Registry Cleaner correct? I will post again in a minute and try to actually give you a link insted of just telling you where I got it. There are many different Registry Cleaners out there, the one I use is only a 30 day trial version. It's a quick download so I just uninstall it and then reinstall it every 30 days. I use this one because I think it is the best one, besides having a registry cleaner it also has other utilities that are very helpful.

14. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Pigchild,
    Here's the link, I hope it works! If is doesn't work just let me know:

http://majorgeeks.com/download4256.html

You might have to just copy and paste this in the address bar, sorry

This utility is pretty powerful and you can really mess your computer up with it so be careful when using other options besides the Regsitry Cleaner. It is also a good idea to make a system restore point before you use the program for the first time just incase. I have used RegSupreme for a while now and have not had any problems. As far as the registry cleaning goes, just click the "Registry Cleaner" tab, a window comes up asking if your want to do a Normal or Deep clean. I usually use deep but either way is fine. If you have any questions before you use it just let me know. Good luck!

15. Pigchild

Pigchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    What exactly does this registry cleaner do? does it delete or modify registrys? Also, what is the potential benifit of using it?

Thanks.

16. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tokinbudz,
    Someone have tell me, he can't OC too, if the 2 sata is installed on the slot 1 & 2 on Nforce SATA controller, but really i can' t confirm.

17. Newbie Coal

Newbie Coal Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI XFX-8800GTS's 1280Mb @600/1011
    Well I got over 6000 about 2 mounth's ago but I just found this thread do you guys think that my score is low for how much I've oc'd

18. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Newbie Coal,
    Absolutly not, your scores are kicka**! Your 3DMark03 score is uber high, great job! I got about 6,052 in 05, but I can only get around 13,629 and I have the same GPU and when I got those scores I had similar clock speeds. Welcome to the club, HaHa!

19. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Pigchild,
    Well they have written 500 page books on the Windows registry, but to answer your quesions, I believe that registy cleaner deleats the entries but it saves the entries in a backup file incase you end up having problems. That way you can just restore the entries you deleated. As far as the benefits go, it is similiar to using Driver Cleaner when you install a new display driver. As time goes on you registry gets loaded with useless, repeated entries, and old entries that did not get deleated when programs or application as uninstalled. So basically it just helps to keep your system cleaned out and running smooth. With that said, until about three months ago I had never used a registry cleaner before and did not have any problems. So give it a shot and see what you think.

20. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Guys,
    Just a quick question. I recently bought a gig of PQI Turbo Platinum Memory (2x512). Anyway when in dual channel I was getting numerous error's in Memtest-86 v3.2. I decided to test each stick separetly to see if only one stick was throwing error's, and it was only one stick. Well now I am only using 512mb of RAM insted of 1024mb, will this effect my benchmark or gaming FPS? My scores in the 3DMark benchies have gone down to between 5,970-5,996 insted of between 6,041-6,052 which was the score I got before I switched to just one stick. I would just put the other stick back in and see but I have RMA'ed and it's still gone. Any thoughts or idea's would be great. Thanks