Thanks for the Audiotrak review :)

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by TracesofCopper, Feb 23, 2010.

1. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC
    I have never heard of this company before but they seem to have some good products at a decent price, but harder than hell to find In the states.

I was wondering If anyone on the forum has any experience with the Prodigy HiFi 7.1 from Audiotrak? I've always thought the Envy was a pretty good chip ever since I had the Revolution from some years back.

The card looks fairly decent build wise with nice components but If the drivers suck the hardware Is pretty useless. I noticed they seem to be up on the Win 7 scene with three driver revisions for Win7, Impressive. How does the card work under Win 7 Is the answer. If anyone has any knowledge or experience with this card please post.

One more thing. Would this be an upgrade/downgrade to something like the 8788 based card, or about the same. I have the STX, but for whatever reason I don't have the luck with the drivers others seem to have, the STX wont let me go above 41/48Hz at 16 bit under Win7, otherwise none of the effects work for me?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC
    I'm sorry, I thought this was an audio forum> kids and creative forum

3. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    Heyy mate...tbh its the first time I've heard of the company...quite interested actually. Looked at the Prodigy 7.1, while its no Xfi, definately looks like a decent card for music/dvd playback, especially for the swappable oamps aswell. Their .jp stores has some intersting bits as well.