Texture / Model Flickering / Shimmering - I'm out of ideas....

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by james harris, Apr 7, 2019.

1. james harris

james harris Guest

GPU:
    GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI
    This is really effecting my gaming i have literally tried everything possible from every single bit of advice and no joy on a fix, it's almost like AA or textures i've tried literally EVERYTHING! so hopefully someone has had the same problem here that can shed some light on it

at this point i'm thinking its a broken card.. and it was damn expensive

All hardware is under 3 months old.

Videos in question:

(you can see the hill textures flicker the same on every other game with far away objects it is annoying to say the least, it's almost line somethings moving the textures through each-other (this is usually far away objects) but when flying x-plane or anything else it is incredibly annoying

see here the same thing is happening as in BF and also happens on GTA

and another

Things I've tried

Trying every driver available
    Changing aspect ratios
    Changing refresh rate via inspector and my screen
    Tried changing Response time via monitor
    Took the graphics card in and out
    Tried every setting in the geforce panel
    Taken the card in and out
    Tried different cables on monitor
    Tried a different slot
    Tried another PSU
    Full virus check and windows install

So bottom line is what is causing this? something bad from windows or geforce hardware?

Game Ready Driver Version:

419.67 tried removing, without and with different versions no change in safe mode.

Monitor
    Dell Alienware 34" Curved UltraWide WQHD G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor

Tried every setting in the OSD

Motherboard
    ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit) tried different patch releases

Processor
    Intel® Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (Overclocked to 5ghz) bios is updated, tried with and without overclock

Graphics
    GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI ROG STRIX OC tried every setting in the GeForce inspector nothing makes any difference at all

Memory
    32 GB 3000 MHZ

Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
    Samsung SSD 960 EVO 1TB

Thanks!

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    That is mostly or only a game engine issue,in rare cases even driver filtering issue. Seen it by quite a few games, BF3 had it too, it's mostly by games that cast far away objects, also known as z-fighting.

Try to force negative LOD with nv inspector in those game profiles (for example -0.250 -0.500) or keep at 0 and disable ingame anisotropic filtering and force 16xaf in driver., also set texture filtering to high quality instead of quality to mild it a bit.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I agree with Tj. Definitely not AA. First example looks like issues with model LOD, so a driver tweak there might not help, but maybe an ingame setting or INI tweak. Other two do look like z-fighting. Either way it won't hurt doing what Tj said, though I would stick to clamped LOD and driver forced 16x AF with ingame AF off.

4. james harris

james harris Guest

GPU:
    GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI
    Hey both, yep i had tried them already, this is a damn shame - wish i had another gfx card to compare with just seems so strange it's in all of them.

Seen someone else upload a video also

with the same AA effects happening - so could be two things then

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Typical z-fighting you see in many, many games. There's nothing you can to do eliminate it beyond changing LOD and view distance settings per game to where it less apparent. It's the nature of the imprecision of game rendering.

6. james harris

james harris Guest

GPU:
    GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI
    So this is not a hardware or softwhere problemm, the video above this post and at the top? to clarify

7. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Yeah that's, sadly, normal.

8. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    To James:

In some given cases, it could be the games actual engine that's causing it or certain settings in the graphic settings thats causing the issue.

Ever tried putting your settings to the absolute lowest, then work on every parameter individually???

Completely turned off AA to see what kind of reaction the game will give???

Is the card at stock speed?? Stock bios??, if its not in stock speed, revert everything back to stock clocks from factory then re-observe to see if the same situation comes back up.

Ever tried putting the card in a different system???

Also did you do proper driver uninstall under safe mode with ddu???

Your not using dls are you??? I don't have these particular cards so I can not say.

Does this happen with all other games you have tried???

What other games does this happen with that you didn't mention, I'll take a look on my side, thanks.

If your using aa, have you tried to force negative lod within nvidia inspector to like -0.500 to see what reaction will give then.

Is af set to x16 in driver?

I understand your not in sli mode so this prevents alot of stuff thats for sure cause sli is very well known to cause tons of issues, absolutely yes, the fact that your not under sli mode, prevents TONS of these problems so that's out of the question.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019