Test & Record Sheet 4 OC'ing i7 X58 Boards

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by FeAr3d, Mar 5, 2011.

1. FeAr3d

FeAr3d Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6970 2GB
    Download Test & Record Sheet 4 OC'ing i7 X58 Boards

I created a printable table with bios setting for over-clocking the i7 processors on an X58 board. The settings are based on two Asus boards, the Rampage II Gene and the P6X58D Premium. There are settings in the first two columns for 4GHz and 4.4GHz to use as a starting point. These settings are stable for my systems but may need to be adjusted to suit yours.

[I'm posting this late for nemoreborn
    Sorry it took so long to get back and I hope it can still be of some use to you or anyone else looking for something simular.]

Link to printable test and record sheet HERE.

Reached 4523.33MHz using same settings but the temperatures were up in the 80's on the cores when stress testing and blue screened eventually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  2. nemoreborn

nemoreborn Master Guru

GPU:
    currently building
    thx for the answer bud !!! but the link dsnt seems to work for me

3. FeAr3d

FeAr3d Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6970 2GB
    Strange I tested before posting and was fine. I just updated the link again.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Hyperthreading on or off?Is it stable in Linx(max memory) or Occt(linpack).
    Passing Prime 95 and Intel Burn test is easy once you have passed these linx and occt.

5. FeAr3d

FeAr3d Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6970 2GB
    I stated the 4523.33 MHz wasn't stable. The 4.4GHz w/HT OFF and 4GHz w/HT ON were stress tested stable.

The post was for someone who messaged me asking what my settings were for 4.4GHz so I created a chart that shows the bios settings for a 4GHz with HT ON and a 4.4GHz HT OFF using an i7 920 D0 processor on two different Asus x58 motherboards.

This chart, if downloaded and printed, will give those new or unsure of what settings to change a starting point and also empty columns to pencil in their changes.

I never bothered to continue testing the 4523.33 MHz because the temperatures were getting too high and I was satisfied with the 4.4 stable settings. The cores idle temperatures are around 35-40, 60 while gaming and around 70-75 stress tested using air cooling. I removed the stock TIM Asus uses on the north and south bridges and replaced it with AS5. Those temperatures went from 85-90 degrees Celsius down to 65-70 under stress testing. I believe that helped stabilize my system a lot.

6. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    nah il pass mate thanks, all those voltages except qpi are all wrong imo, oh wait 1.670v qpi!!!! no chance lol, I run my D0 that ive had all of 48hrs @
    1.264v core,
    1.46v qpi,
    mem @ 1950mhz 1.65v cl9,
    blk 190 multi 21
    both skew +300

pretty much all other settings stock (not auto), the rampage has 16+3 phase for this very reason, stating stability at silly volts and recommending others to use them is dangerous imo.

p.s you really dont need qpi above 1.4v for 1600 mhz ram mate seriously.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  7. FeAr3d

FeAr3d Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6970 2GB
    Thanks for your "imo" but this wasn't recommended as you say and also anyone overclocking are taking a risk as I did mention on the chart.

They are settings that work fine for me and a fellow member asked if I would post them.

I'll give your settings a try later though.

8. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    no problem mate I wasnt having a stab lol :) yes you did mention it fair enough, I have to mention now that this was running IBT max for 20 runs but as soon as I primed it failed,

my settings now stable in all tests

blk 190

vcore 1.30625v

ram 1.65 @ 1905mhz cl9

qpi 1.4750v

both skew @ +300

I use turbov to fine tune, I havent adjusted qpi yet but will see how low it can go, doubt it will go far at 1900 mem tho :)

9. FeAr3d

FeAr3d Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6970 2GB
    It's not a problem.

What cpu cooler are you using?