Test Drive Unlimited Released Today (not offical)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Jeremy, Mar 2, 2007.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Sooooo..... anyone know why my game kept crashing and cars kept bugging out after playing for a bit? Now it's to the point where i can't get passed the loading/saving screen just after you leave your house after starting the game. I kinda wanna keep playing the game.... but if it's going to keep acting up like this on me, i'll probably not want to buy it when it's released here in the US either way especially if it'll have the same chance of doing this to me again. My friend installed the copy i have on his computer, and his girlfriends laptop, and both work completely fine.... no crashes, and very, VERY rarely a car or a few goes all buggy...... but nowhere near as often as mine used to.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    I think there is a bug with it freezing if you get out of the game with cops on you but you have no money (so you should goto jail) but when you try and get back into the game it freezes. Happening to me now, I will try and find out what is going on.

3. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    i have 2 things in mind hope they help you

1. nvidia buggy drivers or 8800gtx specific problem

2. if you have AA enabled, disable it (don't ask just do it and try).

i am betting on the 2nd one. :)

4. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    well i can say to this that for me 4xaa is broken if i use it i get massive graphic corruptions and usually game freezes but with 2xaa it's all good(vista or xp it doesn't matter) :)

5. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    RUF do Porsche conversions and tuning, so maybe you need to look at the Porsches at the dealership.

why does the UK always get games last? sux...

6. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    This is my fear. See how two of the same cards can run the same game so differently. I am only looking for 20-25 FPS. If i could get more fine but I would play it with only 20-25. I guess the game engine is like FSx and it's not optimized.

7. COOSTA

COOSTA Master Guru

GPU:
    GT650m 2GB
    Guys can anyone tell me,how this game should run on my rig??Because i want to buy this game,but im afraid,that this game is too powerfull for my PC:O

8. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    u serious? lol? you should have no problems.

9. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    yeah but i haven't seen car dealers selling porches maybe in classics but i think i have checked them all.

10. COOSTA

COOSTA Master Guru

GPU:
    GT650m 2GB
    :smoke:
    Thanks man..Now im happy

11. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well.... i tried disabling AA and stuff, still didn't help. and jeremy, it does it no matter what for me. sometimes right when i start the game, sometimes i can play for a half hour before the cars go all screwey and eventually the game crashes.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Hmmm, thats weird. Did you buy the game or download it?

13. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    Man this game runs like crap.

[​IMG]

14. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    downloaded. not released in the US yet. still.... it seems to work almost perfectly on my friends computer and his girlfriends laptop. only thing i can think of is video drivers.... but if that was the case, i'd think that it would crash to a BSOD or something, not just make the game itself lock up, can't Ctrl+alt+Del all the time. sometimes i can, most of the time i can't. i also wouldn't expect video drivers to cause a problem in the game itself.

15. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Runs at 10 fps on my upstairs xp machine with a 7600gt with massively wierd video distortions, runs perfectly on my downstairs vista machine with a 7900GS. Hmm.

16. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    This game is running like **** atm.
    I try many many things but nothing helps,i hope atari will bring out a patch.
    Maybe they do not because they have the money in... :puke3:

German forums are full of disappointed users.
    Too bad that such a good game fails with technical things...

The game runs on 4xaa 16af hdr 1280x1024 high on 70-85 fps on my rig BUT then it loads scenery and BOOM one second stops/stutters so you cant drive really...
    Also sound is messed up with x-fi and audigy, you must disable crystalizer, use bass boost with 1db/10hz etc. until the oversteering bass has gone and it sounds strange still...

17. Dupoint

Dupoint Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 X2 2GB
    @ElementalDragon
    Dude, I have the same problem as you...random restarts first, and now the game just freezes and I can Ctrl-Alt-Del sometimes to kill it, although it doesn't always work. As of now, it gets totally stuck at the screen after u select ur car and take it out of the house. Got so pissed, I removed it completely from my system.
    Spec-wise, I guess I'm totally fine...Game runs @max, 1280x1024 res, No HDR at 50fps+.
    My previous system (p4@3.0ghz, 1gb ddr400, 6800gt) runs the game without any of my issues, no crashes etc. Both systems using the same nvidia driver (NGO v97.x). You would expect that a new game would take advantage of my new system which I paid top dollar to build...Now instead I have to watch as my younger bro gleefully plays it on my older system:bang:

18. bender78

bender78 Member Guru

GPU:
    Club3D Radeon HD3850 256MB
    after another ~1000 miles of racing everything's settled in. club's working, races working, online mode working, game runs smooth (no hdr no AA tho) @ 1280x1024 on my 7600GT. :approval:

except the occasional graphics crap-up it's all cool now. :smoke:

oh and to get the sound working better on an onboard sound chip, try setting the hardware acceleration to medium in dxdiag.

19. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Well I got rid of the wierd graphics on the 7600GT by going into the driver setup and disabling AA and AF and putting the quality setting on performance ...its strange, the game messes up on quality. then I have to set the refresh rate in game to the highest it can go or else the screen flashes while im playing....those following retarded settings makes the game play correctly on my xp rig....now the clothes have bodies, people have limbs, cars move...much better.

20. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    Image removed by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2007