Tesla's 270.61 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by inplayruns, May 10, 2011.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    idk ask nvidia, all i know it just is.

Well from what i've seen it makes stabler "cuda" cores spread and makes all the cores "equally" busy - if that makes any sense. I got that impression from the last 263.15beta tesla driver compared to any other 26x.xx, its the same now with 270.xx.

edit; Mkibride yea it has cuda, but TCC is something different think of it as one super computer that can contain as much gpu's as you want 1 is master others are slaves that's why those slaves dont output image or support hw direcX, openGL acceleration.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  2. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    What? Drivers/files are bit to bit the same, hash did't lie :rolleyes: cyberbeing is right... placebo efect :)

3. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    that may be the case but it's something you need to try, other drivers would jitter, for eg. between 47-46 fps pretty fast, but the tesla driver would give a constant 47. Sure it doesn't make sense but it looks like most if not all are getting the same smooth feel from it.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It does make sense, well to me anyway.
    When PES2011 first came out it would drop from 60-59fps, not a big drop you would think, and on paper its not, but in reality, it felt like it dropped to 20fps for half a second, to the point my console owning friend said that the 360 version was smoother :(

No longer happens, course i have changed to a 570 since then, but it isn't a demanding game, but its enough to make me curious about these drivers, as raw numbers aren't always a true representation of actual gameplay.

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    meant it doesn't make sense that the tesla driver out of the three would be the smooth one :p

6. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Nice temps on idle with these ;)

[​IMG]

Watercooled of course lol

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  7. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    its the same when installing geforce drivers three times and telling me there is everytime a difference...
    with every new driver for someone they are "much" more vibrant, sharper, and smoother.
    its a religion nothing more, why people are laughing about this guru3d threads over the internet ?

8. Y1ROK

Y1ROK Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
    Tryed 270.61 tesla, and in crysis2 they are not realy good. Back to 270.61 desktop (much smoother then tesla).

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:

Telsa's are different then Gf or Quadro, whether you like it or not.

10. kagg8

kagg8 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    i too always had that annoying stutter is pes2011, only smooth drivers for me were 258.96, any newer drivers gave me the stutter, then i tried 263.15tesla (thanks to the hunter for reccomending them to me) and the stutter went away...I have always been trying newer drivers but still experienced same stutter, finally with these teslas, its very smooth, so i can use 270 drivers :D

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not actually tried PES2011 with these yet, as the stutter seemed to go away when i got the 570, but glad to see that these will make it even better, as since its such a big football day today in my country, feeling the need to play it again.

12. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Definitely the best set at this day. Colours are so nicely warm. No probs to report they are great everywhere :)

Edit: also cards aren't hot at all

(i dont DIRT neither do i COD BOps :) )

Cheers

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  13. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    so how are you guys installing these? I get that "cannot install incorrect hardware" or something like that.

Ok found the modded inf but cannot remember how to install it. I extracted the driver into a folder and opened the display driver folder and put the modded inf into it but it did not overwrite anything.

14. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Is this result normal ?
    Here i do target playable IQ, best looking h24 rig & setup on a 24".

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hard to find a globally-efficient benchmark !

15. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    You cant argue with file hashes.. i think the only thing that could make a difference for people is how the inf file is modded.

Like for example if they used an old tesla inf for the Tesla 270.61 and then a quadro inf for the 270.61 Quadro

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    no inf doesn't make a diff, the driver itself has different optimizations, what's so hard to understand here, same hashes or not.

first extract that rar'ed INF (but you're using mine its only x64 vista/win7)..

then move it to Display.Driver folder and overwrite.

Now install the driver.

17. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    The HUnter could u please come online for a sec. ?
    i have an question hehe..

Gonna instell thenm later on and see what the fuzz is all about..

18. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    I did that but it will not overwrite,,just leaves two disp inf in that folder.

19. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    "different optimization" and same hash.... that tells me you donĀ“t really know what hash means.

you can compare the files with every tool out there, and there is no difference. its bit by bit the same. reality is really a strange thing ...

20. rotux

rotux Member

GPU:
    GTX460 1GB
    The driver can not be different when the hashes (and file size) are the same. The drivers are bit-for-bit identical. It is the _EXACT_ same driver.
    Everything that was fixed by changing the driver set would have also been fixed by a reinstall of the same driver.

As for smoothness and color, the Placebo effect is a strong force and has been proven to work even if the affected person knows it is just placebo. It happens everywhere, all the time (especially in audiophile circles). I know I've been a victim to it several times.