Terrible Performance from a 7950GT, Help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Setaro, Nov 6, 2006.

1. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    Pretty much yeah...

2. rsornbe

rsornbe Member

GPU:
    ATI Visiontek 4870 512
    Ok...I have the same exact system as you and I fixed my problems , took a lot of trial and error. Now it might be your power supply, but for me it was the RAM. The Asus 570 mobo doesnt support DDR2 6400 at 800MHz. It causes instability. Upon startup, enter mobo bios and up the DRAM voltage to 2.0 or 2.1 volts. Might just be a lemon card though....good luck)

3. yermucker

yermucker Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970
    nice one mate cheers for that. anything that could help sort this out for me is worth a go. tbh if its a duff mobo then all the better, itll go back for a refund and a different mobo will be got.

4. Setaro

Setaro New Member

Anyone got any last bits of advice/knowledge/wisdom before I reformat this bloody thing? (Is in process of backing files up now)

*Edit* oh yes, forgot to add, when I reinstall XP, what's is going to do regarding my serial number? Do I just enter it again to activate it, and will that be verified by Microsoft (again) when I do the online register thing so the damn thing doesn't stop working after 30 days?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006

5. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA NVIDIA 680 GTX
    the PSU it seems to be the bottleneck try with one bigger

6. yermucker

yermucker Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970
    mine still hasnt returned from the local pc wizards, but i know the bother with mine is defo not the psu. they tried that and tested it on full load and its more than capable of being up to the job. i still have the feeling that its a case of a completely ****e mobo. so many people have been having bother with this board. but fingers crossed ill get it back tomorrow and ill post up what the problem was. until then, hold off on the reformat if you can. if your anything like me, another reformat will just make you even madder with it when it doesnt work.

7. yermucker

yermucker Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970
    right, got my rig back today and it turns out that it was defo the onboard sound. they had it running stable with the new sound drivers from the asus site, but i used that as a good excuse to get myself a nice shiny new soundcard. so there you go, hope that helps anybody else having bother with the p5nsli board. ill post a thread up on the mobo section too.

8. andersondiaz

andersondiaz Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte r9 290X
    psu brother ..check nvidia zone. check you 12v rail in my case need more 34 amp.

9. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 870M 6GB
    Recommended PSU for the 7950GT is 350W with 20A across 12V i think ..