Terminator Resistance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DocStrangelove, Sep 20, 2019.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Eurogamer is affected by PC / woke culture. They clearly lack the testosterone to test old school shooters. ;)

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It's strange, it's only the past couple years that all this stupid crap has happened in the video game "community" I guess is the right word?

Like..... I used to be subscribed to multiple video game magazines and purchase just random ones too, hyper, pc gamer, pc power play, even nintendo gamer.. heck and Atomic but that was more to do with PC hardware... I don't remember this kind of political or "woke" stuff being in those magazines, I could check them again as I have them still but I'm pretty sure it was not present in them.

I have no idea what's happened to these "Journalists", they act more like bloggers who take things people like and then twist it to insert their own beliefs or an agenda of some sort.

Just review the damn video game, are the graphics good? how is gameplay? is the story interesting? are there any standout bugs that impedes the enjoyment of the video game? does the game have predatory microtransactions? then give it a score out of 5 or 10.... it's not rocket science, it's a video game.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Idk, people on Steam actually praise it, and this usually isn't the case with a bugged "professional" (as in "non-Indie) game (even a good game with bugs on launch will get a shitstorm on Steam). I've watched some footage, and it looks alright. Not "amazing AAA high fidelity graphics" amazing, but good with some nice lighting, soundtrack, and an "ok-to-good" story (for a Terminator FPS). Maybe 30 Euros is more acceptable than 40, but it doesn't look like a game that would infuriate me (unlike the last two Wolfenstein games).

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    People like it because there hasn't been a good Terminator game since the 90's, and also the setting/timeline it's in is what people enjoy.

I'm not a day on buyer anymore, so i will be getting this later down the line when it's cheaper.

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Wolfenstein the new colossus is a very good shooter

7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Too bad it has so much of garbage dialogue, long cutscenes with garbage dialogue and annoying overly edgy characters.

8. I tend to agree in principle, but i have actually really enjoyed some AVP games, not so much terminator (the t2 arcade shooter was pretty cool, and thats it).For example, The 2010 AVP game was badass, and so was the old capcom avp beat' em up.

9. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    Fantastic game, you must be very picky.

ramthegamer likes this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    All avp games ware amazing. Sp and mp.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm about 3 hours into the game, and really loving it.
    Voice acting is a bit spotty, but the gameplay is great. And they've nailed the atmosphere. For Terminator fans, this is the easiest recommendation I've made in a long time.

Also, yes, all AvP games are awesome.

Archvile82, cerebus23, AsiJu and 3 others like this.
  12. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I'm just allergic to edgelordery.

AsiJu likes this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    clickbait outrage media for clicks happened and it infested the gaming media and the "news" media.

it all went weekly world news chasing soccer mom outrage who SHARE articles that piss them off.

and at the peak of this they were getting TONs of clicks and shares and they went one better though and BOUGHT clicks and shares.

then their soccer moms got burnt out, and people got fed up.

what are two things that can REALLY rile people up, religion and now days politics because some idiots replace their religion for their politics.

so the easy low hanging fruit is politics because religion might get you murdered.

so EVERYTHING became political as a result games, sports that just had to fire a bunch of people from a sports magazine because they wanted to write politics and refused to write spots when management told them to write sports. lol.

this started with the former owners of these companies chasing dollars and FAKE ones, which made some of their financial reporting FRAUD. which drew advertisors and investors. and they partially responsible for trying to rip the nation/world in two.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Its a decent game for a terminator fans but far from fantastic.

15. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    was referring to new colossus

Undying likes this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Also I've heard you can get laid in this game (probably explains EG's Avoid).

A solid Terminator shooter with sex?

GOTY! :D

So yes, seriously thinking of getting this (and maybe SGW: Contracts too).

Sometimes it's very nice to have just some small(ish) good games that do what they mean to do and nothing more.

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The game is really good, I'm enjoying it a lot.
    I would definitely recommend it to Terminator fans, and even shooter fans.

As for SGW:Contracts, I've heard that it's actually pretty bad. And kind of broken. So, maybe wait and see if it gets patched up.

Witcher29 and Undying like this.
  18. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I am part of the Resistance, and will NOT be sent back in time to play this Terminator game. ;p

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Maybe the sales go so well they release an online coop version of LA 2029. Now that would rock. Me & my friends against Skynet. Why this has never been developed is beyond me.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  20. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070GTX
    gave 4 hours already, and im happy i picked it up.

the game feels like a solid, simple shooter so far, and i like it.