Terminator Resistance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DocStrangelove, Sep 20, 2019.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    Im really at a time where i find that i need to get this game

DocStrangelove likes this.
  2. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    DocStrangelove and Witcher29 like this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  4. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah but at 4K those extra frames are definitely needed ;)

Undying likes this.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Looks amazing to me.

Then again i'm not a graphics whore.

AsiJu and DocStrangelove like this.
  6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    So, apparently the game is good. Not amazing AAA whatever, but good. I've watched some gameplay, and it's definitely a better Terminator experience than the last movie. It's also "only" 40 Euros, instead of 60. I think 30 is about correct for this game, but it's not that big of a deal. Looks like the studio has made major strides since the days of Rambo: The Videogame.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    It lacks 21:9 support right? Does it have uncapped framerate?

8. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    This game is good.. liking it!

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    No ultrawide support but have uncapped framerate.

10. Grabbed a copy of this the other day... on my backburner but looking forward to it especially now :)

11. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    So yesterday I spent about 12 hours playing this game. I did not intend on doing that, I just couldn't stop. From the videos I enjoyed so of the sparks and all that. But this has really exceeded any expectations that I had from this sleeper. For anyone who remembers Riddick. That was also a hidden gem of a movie game. IMO this game can be quite stunning and has great special effects. I could do without the chromatic aberration though.

Of course it's not AAA but the animation is still better than ME:A. What else it may lack in texture fidelity is made up for by the gameplay, story, acting and writing. It's kind of a liner open world experiences I might compare to Homefront Revolution. There are many awesome Terminator moments and the soundtrack is perfect.

Anyway great game. If you have the means I highly recommend picking it up.

12. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    It does look like a half-way decent game. I'll consider it. It'll probably go on sale as soon as next month for the holidays period. I'll pick it up at that point.

13. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    After watching some reviews, gameplay and what not.
    This is the best thing to come out of the Terminator franchise in a LONG time.

14. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    It's another pathetic movie tie-in and not a fricking sleeper. Eurogamer's review score is AVOID. I've hardly ever seen that review score coming from them. It's scoring 5/10s on consoles and that's nearly a month before the stupid game's supposed to be released...wth...

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yes, because reviews are always right. Right?
    Sorry, but this is another case were reviews are completely wrong. The game is a lot of fun. Voice acting is spotty, but other then that it's a solid FPS with amazing atmosphere and attention to detail.

Archvile82, DocStrangelove and Kolt like this.

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Trusted User Reviews > General User Reviews > "Professional Journalist Reviews"
    (Youtube, friends, etc) > (Steam, Reddit, other gamers) > (Polygon, Kotaku, Eurogamer, etc)

Actual gamers are praising this game. That's all that matters to me. I couldn't care less what any of these "pro" reviewers think at all.

MaXThReAT, AsiJu, Caesar and 2 others like this.
  17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Eurogamer is affected by PC / woke culture. They clearly lack the testosterone to test old school shooters. ;)

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It's strange, it's only the past couple years that all this stupid crap has happened in the video game "community" I guess is the right word?

Like..... I used to be subscribed to multiple video game magazines and purchase just random ones too, hyper, pc gamer, pc power play, even nintendo gamer.. heck and Atomic but that was more to do with PC hardware... I don't remember this kind of political or "woke" stuff being in those magazines, I could check them again as I have them still but I'm pretty sure it was not present in them.

I have no idea what's happened to these "Journalists", they act more like bloggers who take things people like and then twist it to insert their own beliefs or an agenda of some sort.

Just review the damn video game, are the graphics good? how is gameplay? is the story interesting? are there any standout bugs that impedes the enjoyment of the video game? does the game have predatory microtransactions? then give it a score out of 5 or 10.... it's not rocket science, it's a video game.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  20. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Idk, people on Steam actually praise it, and this usually isn't the case with a bugged "professional" (as in "non-Indie) game (even a good game with bugs on launch will get a shitstorm on Steam). I've watched some footage, and it looks alright. Not "amazing AAA high fidelity graphics" amazing, but good with some nice lighting, soundtrack, and an "ok-to-good" story (for a Terminator FPS). Maybe 30 Euros is more acceptable than 40, but it doesn't look like a game that would infuriate me (unlike the last two Wolfenstein games).