Terminator Resistance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DocStrangelove, Sep 20, 2019.

1. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Dark Fate is now known as the “Herminator” lol I laughed for about 2 mins

Undying likes this.
  2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Dark Fate is mostly equal in terms of garbage to Genysis, honestly. The Terminator franchise has two good movies in it (1 and 2), one unnecessary movie (T3), one more original, but overall not very good movie (Salvation) and two really bad ones.

As far as Cameron's name goes, people shouldn't immediately use it as a mark of quality. Ridley Scott also made Prometheus and Alien: Covenant, and those movies were far from being good (good to laugh at, maybe).

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Cameron hasn't made a good movie since True Lies.
    And, there were several reports/articles that even with his name plastered all over Dark Fate... he was never once on set.

cerebus23 and Shataan like this.
  4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Tho be frank, I was surprised when his name showed up next to Dark Fate at all. I would have guessed that he had no interest in this franchise (pass the one movie he made for it).

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Two movies. :)
    Cameron wrote and directed the first two.

But, I had no faith in Dark Fate because Cameron made statements that Genysis was the best film in the series since T2.
    So... nope.

6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Oops, sorry, got it confused with the Alien franchise! :eek:

Also, he rally said that (I don't follow interviews that much)? If so, yeah, this movie was doomed from the start.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
  8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Oh yeah, didn't he want Avatar to be a 5 movie series? How does one turn one bland movie into four others is beyond me, but one thing is for certain: I'm not going to see it! :D

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, I think he's announced they are going into filming on Avatar 2 through 4 back to back. Or something like that.
    Bleh.

10. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    People are to critic these days, just enjoy a nice popcorn b movie. Back in the day t2 was great same as 1 but if i watch them now again they obselete like kinda arnie is.
    Dark Fate is better then T2 in my opinion.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    cameron was a slick formula director nearly every movie he made had a by the numbers checklist to it. compared to some of the brain trusts in the industry today he was a gdman genius, but he was often overrated.

id say aliens works as one of his good ones because the switch from pure horror to gung ho action movie with a female twist worked exceedingly well and people love that movie on its own. and after alien 3 which had some good and equal parts bad, the rest was as bad as predators spiral or terminators. and the great hope ridley returns? turned out to be a paycheck project, the script had great ideas horrific execution and worse editing. if ridley cared his characters would not have looked like morons in his high minded scifi romp people might have been able to tolerate it, and he saw the movie as well so no excuse.

all these 70-80s scifi juggernauts have been squandered.

12. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    cerebus23 likes this.
  13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    since you are talking about aliens, i just did a rewatch of ALIENS ( Director s cut) probably the best scifi action film ever made along with the terminator

angelgraves13 likes this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    People are free to like what they will. I have a friend who thinks T3 is the best film in the series.
    To me, Dark Fate is awful. It's just bad as a Terminator film.

But, as long as they keep clinging to the same tired time travel "Go back in time to save someone special" crap... the series is going to continue to stagnate.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    I agree that 1&2 are the best in the series. I enjoyed 3 for what it was but I could take it or leave it. Salvation was a total waste of time, and could of been epic if they stuck to the way the future looked in 1&2. Genisys I felt was a bad movie overall but it tried something different with the time travel and rewriting history, I kinda liked that how I like Back To The Future Part 2 when they went back to the first movie and fixed things. But Genisys ultimately failed in its writing and bad choice of cast. I haven't seen Dark Fate yet and by the looks of thing I don't think I want to.

Also, I really like Prometheus. Just think that it should of been its own movie, without shoehorning in the Alien license for no reason. Its a visually stunning movie, with a good story and a pretty cool new villain in the Engineers. I wanted to see more of them, what they wanted, what their aim was, where they came from, who created them, etc, etc, but no... they went and made Covenant and oh dear lord was that a mess of a movie.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    obsolete? lol are you serious, T2 is at least 20 years ahead of its time and its production values even can be compared by many blockbusters done today, sorry but i don t agree at all

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    sorry but alien covenant is a solid sequel to prometheus, so we can t call it far from being good

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    i can tell you one basic reason why it is bad and i didn t even watch it, Brad fiedel is a Genius of music use and movie scores, and he s not here.... the movie lacks any kind of tension

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Think you quoted the wrong post here. ;) I never said obsolete.

20. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Yes, I can call it far from good, because it's a bad sequel to an already a bad Alien film.