Temperature monitor

Discussion in 'nVHardPage' started by dcalero, Dec 23, 2003.

1. dcalero

dcalero New Member

GPU:
    msi FX5600 vtd256
    I have a MSI FX5600 VTD256 with the nvidia 53.03 drivers installed my card documentation says that it has thermal monitoring. i an using nvharpage to enable this option in the nvidia drivers. however when i try to enable it in nvhardpage this option is grayed out. why? does this mean my card doesnt supportthis option? thank you...

2. Matuus

Matuus Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB GDDR3
    Because many FX5600 's are without thermal sensor, I disabled this options for all FX5600 's.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2003
  3. dcalero

dcalero New Member

GPU:
    msi FX5600 vtd256
    Mr.Guru how could i do about to enable this option manually?

4. Matuus

Matuus Master Guru

GPU:
    You can try enable this page in windows registry editor (regedit.exe) - find key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - "SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak" and create or change DWORD value "NvCplThermalSettings" to 34. Please reply if it works.

Mr.Guru :D

5. dcalero

dcalero New Member

GPU:
    msi FX5600 vtd256
    Mr.Guru i tried this i modify this key as a hexadecimal value and i enter the value 34. but nothing happened my msi brought a program to read the temperature but it was with macromedia flash or shockwave player and once the version was updated it no longer works. but if the new drivers bring this temperature settings page then it would be great to have it enable. unfortunally when i install the new drivers i dont have this option enable and i need it to check the temperatures on my video card.

6. Matuus

Matuus Master Guru

GPU:
    Sorry, I mean value 34, but in a decimal format, not a hexadecimal. In hexadecimal is it 22.

7. dcalero

dcalero New Member

GPU:
    msi FX5600 vtd256
    Mr.Guru it didnt work i entered it as a decimal value which gives me 22 in hex but still no temperature settings menu.

8. Nerdy

Nerdy Guest

dcalero are you sure your FX5600 have a probe because like the amster said many of FX5600 card dont have the probe, If you are sure you ahve a probe then go read my post, I got my FX5600 U to show the temp in driver...

9. Nerdy

Nerdy Guest

dcalero are you sure your FX5600 have a probe because like the amster said many of FX5600 card dont have the probe, If you are sure you have a probe then go read my post
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71559
    I go my FX5600 U to show the temp in driver...also I include the setting file for you guys....
    to Mr Guru how can I enable that temperature option in nVHardPage software.... I think you should enable it for FX5600 and up card.... Change that line alone wont work because there is also a FAN CONTROL and FORCE FAN (I saw the button once in the COOLBITS page in nividia driver) I am using 52.16xQ driver and I can see allitle more options than regular driver does.... And when I open that registry I see a lot more than just that one line.... Any idea why everytiem I enable the send CORE TEMP to TRAY optiont hen my winXP wont boot to windows no more, it post just fine but it turn off when it get to the WINXP page not even the log-in screen yet

my FX5600U using Starstorm 52.16xQ driver in 2D mode before I fixed it ..with FAN CONTROL

[​IMG]

Here is my FX5600U using Starstorm 52.16xQ driver in 2D mode after fixed..

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2003