Television Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by stereoman, Apr 6, 2019.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The Last Of Us

Watched it, loved it, think we're gonna have a great time with this show.
    10 minutes into the pilot I was hooked, great cast, good cinematography, since Narcos I can't get enough of Pedro Pascal, this actor is fantastic.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Started watching YellowStone, really cool show. I don’t know how they got Kevin Costner in it, put this show on a whole other level, he’s fantastic as usual.

4. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I know most of the Gurus are across the pond but this is one heckuva Superbowl on TV. :p:D

XenthorX likes this.

5. deniiz

deniiz Guest

GPU:
    12GB
    I have finally started Happy Valley. Two episodes in and it's pretty good. Managed to go in completely blind about what the show is about too.

6. Culpeper

Culpeper Member

GPU:
    3080 ti FE
    If you havent seen the TV show "expanse" you are missing out.

7. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

Where is the lie.

9. olivierrr

olivierrr Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 570
    I just finished watching Teen Wolf for the first time and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. The show is a supernatural drama series that centers around a high school student named Scott McCall who becomes a werewolf after being bitten by one.

At first, I wasn't sure what to expect from the show, but as I got further into the series, I found myself really getting invested in the characters and their stories. The show does a great job of balancing the supernatural elements with the everyday struggles of being a teenager.

One of the things I really enjoyed about Teen Wolf was the way it explores the relationships between the characters. Whether it's the romance between Scott and his love interest, Allison, or the complex friendship between Scott and his best friend, Stiles, the show does an excellent job of making these relationships feel authentic and grounded.

Another aspect of the show that really stood out to me was the quality of the special effects. The werewolf transformations are particularly impressive, and the show manages to make them both terrifying and exhilarating at the same time.

Of course, like any show, Teen Wolf has its flaws. There are moments when the writing can be a bit clunky, and some of the plot twists feel a little contrived. But overall, I think the show is a really solid entry in the supernatural genre.

All in all, I would definitely recommend Teen Wolf to anyone looking for a fun, engaging series to binge-watch. The characters are likable, the special effects are impressive, and the storyline keeps you hooked from beginning to end. Give it a shot and see for yourself!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2023
    XenthorX likes this.
  10. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    I thought the movie was fun back in the 80's, I fear my memories will be soiled by a 2020's version.

11. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Last time i watched TV (Amazon Prime) it was Games of Thrones. xD

My sparetime goes somewhere else these days. I actually find it hard to watch TV when i'm at my parents, can't stand ADs. Haven't been watching regular TV since 15 years ago i think.

rflair, KissSh0t and Solfaur like this.
  12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  13. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Got the whole DVD box :D

14. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    One of my favorite spy shows of the time.

15. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    I don't even own a TV. Haven't had one for 7-8 years now.
    I tend to check various sites to see if something catches my eye but these days that is very rare.

A new show I watched is Tempting Fortune, the premise is sound; get a group of people, have a shared prize pot, tempt them with stuff at ridiculous prices i.e. £500 for a milkshake that comes our of the shared £300k prize fund, watch as people get annoyed with each other for blowing some of their eventual winnings.
    The problem is that they have set this show in South Africa and have the contestants travel from place to place as the days go by.
    Either they think viewers are brain dead or they just don't care that it's so obviously fake.
    To believe that these contestants really walked 5 miles over sand dunes, or rafted 6 miles down a very shallow looking 'river' is just ridiculous.
    Some of them look like they have never walked 5 miles in their life, let alone through soft sand. And then when they 'reach' their next camp they look fresher than when they started.
    Then there's the whole 'they only get 1000 calories worth of rice and beans to eat a day' silliness.
    How can they actually expect viewers to even think for a second that what they are being told has even a shred of truth to it.

Don't get me wrong, it's absent minded fun and it does make you smile at their expense but is this where we are now with 'reality tv' ?
    It's a far cry from those early days of Big Brother with 4 live feeds 24 hours a day from different places in the house.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I've given up on The Mandalorian... it has just gotten so bad, no idea wtf they are trying to do with the series.

17. Loster

Loster Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Same thoughts here, Nothing makes sense.

18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Well, I do have a good time with The Mandalorian, always have a good time watching it, the episode with the scientist was an interesting original story, with great acting as well, really liking it.

19. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    [/QUOTE]

Love me some Magnum P.I., back in the 80s it was on 4 times a day. I won't talk about the last episode when Rick gets married and Mangum finds out who Robin Masters really is.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT