Television Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by stereoman, Apr 6, 2019.

1. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
  2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Cross posting from the movie thread since this is related to a TV show:

For fans of Gomorrah, there's a movie made about Ciro called L'Immortale. Unfortunately there seems to be no legal options to view it. But there is a version on the web with English subtitles.
    THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SEASON 3.

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    I know I'm late to the party but just started watching Fleabag. Pretty funny :D

4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    Watching The Boys season 2, very disappointed.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    It's brilliant. What did you expect, a cartoon ?

angelgraves13 and Brasky like this.
  6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    A show about Germanic tribes colliding with Romans? Count me in.

CPC_RedDawn and Repo Man like this.
  7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    That Barbarian's looks cool, will have to give it a go.

8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Just a reminder. Fargo season 4 begins tomorrow with 2 episodes.

9. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Man, I didn't even know this was made until it popped up on my Prime Video recommendations. I know TWD lost its steam years ago and I thought FTWD was actually ok though that got kinda boring too but this... This looks like one of the worst things ever made.

10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    If you missed it this is a pretty good miniseries. Kind of hard to believe Ben Stiller directed it.
    Based on a true story.

11. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    Watching Curb Your Enthusiasm. Pure laughter.

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC

13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080ti
    RLM have a few star-trek vids but this series stands head and shoulders above the rest.

14. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    My favourite scenes are with Richard Lewis. Sometimes you can watch it on his face that he wants to burst out laughing. BTW, I love how 'realistic' the conversations are in this series. By that I mean people talk over each other like in real life compared to the usual 'you speak; I wait for you to finish and then I speak; you wait for me to finish' conversations.

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    I have a love hate relationship with the serie Cobra Kai, there sequences i enjoy a ton (the whole Johnny/Miguel dynamic), alongside scenes that are totally absurd, lack any form of surprise element are predictable and silly.

I have to mute the serie at time or take a break because it's just so terrible, predictable and dumb.
    Again, the whole Johnny/Miguel relationship is the heart of the show and Johnny might be the best adult actor of the serie alongside Danny" LaRusso's wife.

Currently reaching end of S3.

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super

So I am liking it, the approach that is being used of using a different family driven comedy show from a different era in each episode is certainly interesting and given what we the viewer know about the two characters, who they are what they can do and their link to the greater MCU it certainly has left me wondering WTF is going on. Not in a bad way, in a I really want to know how this situation has come to be. I am also going out of my way to avoid all the typical click bait theories and videos guessing at what is happening as I actually want to be surprised when we finally do find out what's going on. Given Wanda's power set from the comics and the fact it's all meant to lead in to Multiverse of Madness this could actually be the MCU trying something 'different'. Then again I could just be suffering withdrawal from having had nothing new from the MCU for over a year and with this total global sh*tshow looking like it's only getting worse in 2021 it could be a long time before my next trip to the cinema.

I like it, it's different enough from The Simpsons and Futurama to stand on it's own, it doesn't knock it out of the park with every episode but I am 3 episode in to season 3 and I genuinely want to find out what happens next.

XenthorX likes this.
  17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Been watching this recently. I am hooked, Brian Cranston is simply one of the best actors working today. Its based off an Israeli TV series. Quite slow in parts but it makes the tense moments even more tense. The show sets things up beautifully and the twists and turns are awesome. I honestly don't know where its going from one moment to the next (never watched the original show). I have no idea why this hasn't got better reviews, people seem to be comparing it to Breaking Bad. Sure it has some of the same elements, Cranston plays a straight as a arrow character who has to start doing bad things to protect his son. But that's the difference, here he really has no choice in Breaking Bad he always had a choice.

The acting and the cinematography in this is superb. 100% recommended.

tfam26, XenthorX and Solfaur like this.
  18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    @The Laughing Ma Didn't realize it released!
    Brian Cranston is incredible, looking forward to watch Your Honor, it's not available in France yet as far as i know.

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Wrapped Cobra Kai S3, i'm done with this serie. I can feel brain cells dying the longer i watch this show. :eek:

20. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    Parks and Recreation. Not as consistently funny as Curb your Enthusiasm but still pretty pretty good.