Techland Announce Dying Light (PS3/360/PC/PS4/XBOXONE)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 23, 2013.

1. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    every forum thread with gameworks in it would love to have a word with you, plenty of 780 users and 980 users having issues with FC4, AC unity etc...

2. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Ubisoft games run like crap. No problems with Strife, Titanfall, Arkham Origins, Metro games, Warframe, etc.
    Should we blame amd for Battlefields mess when that was released? Personally I think the developers should be held accountable.

3. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    Exactly.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    AC Unity is a million times worse on the consoles, it's a high end engine but has crappy optimisation on every platform.

Far Cry 3 had the same issues as Far Cry 4 and that was an AMD sponsored game.

if AMD sponsored these games they would perform the same, and if no one sponsored them they would perform worse.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    You're associating poor optimization and buggy releases with the inclusion of Nvidia Gameworks, which is completely wrong.

Poor performance and bugs fall, where they have and should, on the developers and publishers shoulders.
    A game being sponsored by Nvidia doesn't make it perform poorly, or have various issues and glitches.

There have been several games sponsored by Nvidia that have had solid releases, great performance... because the developer/publisher put the extra effort in there to make it that way.

Don't generalize that those issues are because of Gameworks inclusion... they are not. They are there because a developer either didn't get the resources and time... or didn't care.

6. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

We will see, so far this generation their track record is crap. I am not pro AMD by any stretch of the imagination, i already said Nvidia makes better cards hands down. I wish i could find the article by some dev that talked about working with AMD vs Nvidia. The gyst of it was AMD will follow the correct way to do stuff to a fault and isn't near as much help as nvidia. Nvidia is much more knowledgeable and more helpful but they care less to adhering to the standards. Anyway, not a fan of gameworks at all. My next upgrade will probably be Nvidia cards, but I still will hate gameworks, think it is on par with DLC, early access, F2p for things that ruin the hobby.

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    OCR + Google translate =

8. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Pretty much the standard stuff, but better than nothing and Gameworks always makes my hobby better.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No early reviews yet. Is no one getting a review copy?

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    pc or ps4 pc or ps4 pc or ps4 :(

edit: crap..100 usd to me here :/..ps4 version i mean.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Id go ps4, It will probably be less buggy on consoles than the pc version.

Wait for some reviews though Mr.Bigtime.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    yeah i love consoles more anyway.

hmm..game can be surprisingly lame? lucidus says same..no preorder content anyway i guess.. yeah wont worth the risk..alot of money anyway. thanx for advice..i all time ask for advices and some time listen sometimes not..this time iam going to listen :D

13. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Oh now its buggy and its not even released.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    As if techland has inspired trust in the past.

I think their least broken games have been the call of jaurez ones, and they're linear so there's less to go wrong.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im saying wait for reviews, dont pre-order. Chances are going by the last few major releases, theres a high chance that the console version will be the only one playable day 1 and with the least issues.

Nothing wrong in assuming the worst going by experience of the last year and first month of 2015.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015

16. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Early reports are sub 30 FPS dips with a 980, enjoy your hobby.

17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    At what settings, what resolution, with or without the any day 1 patches/drivers and with or without the Gameworks stuff.
    Not forgetting the source....

I don't understand why you want a worse looking game and prefer a 1:1 console port.
    Disable the Gameworks stuff and you get a non Gameworks game, there is no hidden code gimping performance and anyone claiming otherwise is lying or paid by a rival.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    It's the first release of Chrome Engine 6.x as well, I think that has a lot to do with it but we'll see when it's released I guess.

Oh and Nvidia will have a guide up hopefully before the games release date. :)
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-347-25-whql-driver-released

(From the comments it seems that the Gameworks features could be HBAO+ and bokeh DOF, both very nice effects but also expensive in terms of performance.)

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    PC all the way for me, better visuals plus hopefully mods or at the least little fixes and tweaks to suit gameplay preferences :)

20. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    http://www.geforce.co.uk/games-applications/pc-games/dying-light/bundle

Where have you read this ?