Techland Announce Dying Light (PS3/360/PC/PS4/XBOXONE)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 23, 2013.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Actually i take it back about what i said about this game. Once you get into it, its not that bad tbh.

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    i hate the music...make me want throw up.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The music is that very morbid type of music that you got in a lot of 1980s zombie films. Its quite clear that is what they have tried to achieve here.
    The likes of Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento type of music, morbid and depressing.

4. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    Yup, exactly, and i love it as it fits the game perfectly! :)

Actually id say the audio in general is great in this game, really spot on for the most part.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    That's the thing, it takes a while to get into this game (and for the game to get really going).

TBH I too was briefly, for the lack of a better word, bored at the beginning but once you level up a bit and do a couple of side quests things pick up quickly.
    Plus the "boredom" was overcome by the positives anyway.

40+ hrs in and I'm feeling only now I'm really getting into grips with this one.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ps4 can get mods too? no? damn.

thank god i have pc too.lame. but meh.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Could be just placebo, but single AMD GPU performance seems a bit smoother too. More consistent with less frame drops / stutter.

I just hope they'd address the Vsync issue. Have to Alt+Tab once to get Vsync working stutter free (or switch Full Screen off and back on once).

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    All side quests done and all Skills maxed out with 78 % of the story complete.

Just in case anyone was wondering... ;)

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i was in a great wonder. thanx

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Update 1.06
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/239140/announcements/detail/240160595070625581

Bozak Horde battle arena DLC is also out now.

12. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Nice update, I'm glad I bought this game as the devs are supporting it very well imo.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Is there any single-player DLC available yet, ie. campaign content?

EDIT: completed the campaign, what a great game!

BTW I think that:
    the ending would have been better/stronger if Camden would have called Crane to tell the samples were ruined or that they don't show chances of a cure after all.
    Would have made you think twice about maybe taking that chopper (and you could've been given the chance to choose so) and added a paradox element (what to tell the GRE, the order of events could've been reversed too).

Also, while I understand why the final battle was a QTE (you had to do a lot to get there), would have preferred some real fighting first, then maybe finish with a (complex) QTE.

However, the closing made me grin, good night, good luck. Also added a sense of continuation to the storyline (the game may be over, but the struggle against the infection isn't).

Just my two cents.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    got this email

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So great to see them continuing support of Dying Light in such creative ways.
    It is their biggest release, so it does make sense TechLand would do so.

But, I'm kind of hoping they wrap up their support for Dying Light soon. So they can move back to Hellraid. :)

16. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    This game is a sleeper hit. I knew it would be technically very proficient (game looks great and runs very well) but I didn't have much hope that it would turn out to be a really good game. Techland proved me wrong, it's mechanically very competent if not terribly original. I don't think Dying Light does much more than many of the other AAA games out there but in many respects it does it better.

Gives my 980 a hell of a workout as well. 60fps with still a few dips here and here at 1080p (max settings).

17. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Just bought the game yesterday. Runs pretty good maxed out with 2K DSR, although the lack of quality AA hurts the graphics a bit.

So I started the Campaign then downloaded the Dying Light Manager. I checked a few options and the game started OK. But I selected "Disable Intro Movies" and they still play so I'm not convinced the Manager is working at all. I fired the game up today and it now crashes every time I load my campaign save.

18. Simplex

Simplex Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti
    If you have 1080p monitor and powerful GPU you can use downscaling from 1440p as a form of antialiasing.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I think the DL Manager was meant for older versions of the game as a workaround for some issues / way of altering hidden settings.
    Plus anything you'd do with the Manager can be done manually by modifying the script files if necessary.

There's a modding thread about this game in the Modding section, you should be able to find out more info there.

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-29-dying-light-expansion-the-following-announced