Techland Announce Dying Light (PS3/360/PC/PS4/XBOXONE)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 23, 2013.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Anyone try removing film grain with the latest patch? Is it doable or will it disable online play? : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=382584169

I am loving this game, but something is making me feel a little off and is ruining my immersion.. I'm starting to think it's film grain or chromatic aberration..

Edit: Most likely a mix of both. At some points of the game it feels like the effect from looking at this picture: http://slodive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/optical-illusions/four-eyed-illusion.jpg

2. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Patch 1.3.0 happened. I get massive drops where I previously had none as well.

@DarrenHodgson
    Firecrackers are your friends when picking locks.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Hmm, i tested it after it patched last night, and it was running the same as before patch.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Keep forgetting I have those to be honest. Doesn't the noise attract the Viral zombies though?

And no performance issues with v1.3.0 either; the game seems to run mostly fine for me with only the odd hitch from time to time where the game will freeze for a split-second, usually during combat. I suspect that is a VRAM issue though as usually my GPU is using 4 GB when it happens.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    A low Field of View setting can do that as it gives some people motion-sickness/nausea. I would suggest increasing the FOV slider under the Game settings menu to see if that improves things for you.

Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain are eye-sores, more than anything else, at least for me. The latter I can put up with but the former desperately needs a toggle off IMO as it can look truly hideous at times; like a cheap 80s 3D image when viewed with the glasses (well, OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration but it does look very distracting and unnatural at times).

6. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Fov is at +7 (90). It's definitely not an FoV thing, but I appreciate your trying to help :)

At this point I'm fairly certain it's just film grain + chromatic aberration. Completely ridiculous that these options aren't toggable or scalable.

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Nope.The game has memory leak issues and devs confirmed working on a fix.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Hm dunno if its vram, Im ok with 3gb @ high textures and don't have any slowdowns like that during combat.. Could be GM204 specific, 970GTX has some obvious issues as well.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Same here, 3GB high textures and usage is around 2.7gb, no stutter.

Getting close to finishing it, not much else to do. :p

10. FarCryDX

FarCryDX Member

GPU:
    EVGA Ref GTX 980
    I had an awesome showdown with someone last night in the night hunter mode. It was really neck and neck, take out a nest, then he kills me, etc, and at one point, when there was 1 nest left (I believe I had 1 or 2 lives left), I had my light on him and we just had a little stand off where were staring at eachother (and at this point I had only used melee weapons) and then I remember 'Oh man, I have a pistol' so I whip that thing out and pump a couple bullets into his noggin, he dies and drops out. I think he may have ragequit on me.

11. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Only gun fire and explosions attract the runners.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Very odd, ran through loads of game benchies, and all those are same as usual, its only this that seems to have dropped. :confused:

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    A little more than that I think.

Heavy landing on trash bags can attract them, as can breaking roofs.

I'm pretty sure the big zombies hitting their weapons off the ground can too. I was stuck with pretty endlessly spawning runners when a big zombie kept making noise.

But yeah i've not seen firecrackers ever doing it.

14. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Night is stupidly easy once you discover the trick of going to a safe zone then climbing onto a wall/building and slightly walking forward until you go past the invisible barrier and it considers you outside the safe zone and thus enabling weapons, stand there throwing petrol bombs or shooting Volatiles to your heart's content, as soon as you're spotted and they come for you take one step back and you're considered inside the safe zone and become invisible to them again, rinse/repeat and you get loads of points for surviving night + evading pursuit + 1,000 for each Volatile you kill!

Only problem is playing this with my DS4 on PC has caused the L1/R1 to start sticking now!

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I fixed it, thought id give the ALT+TAB out and in trick a go for v-sync, didn't work for that, but fixed my frames :p

[​IMG]

Its weird :D

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    So did anyone else spot this one in the school?

[​IMG]

Not seen anything else like this but have been keeping my eyes a little more open.

17. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    NCC 1701?

Doesnt ring a bell. What is it? Can't be dragons.

Also that survivor who says he is a werewolf lol.

18. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    uss enterprise, startrek :D

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    NCC 1701 is the designation for the Enterprise from Star Trek :)

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Can anyone confirm that the quest the prodigal son is bugged. Even Google search results are saying it is.