1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Techland Announce Dying Light (PS3/360/PC/PS4/XBOXONE)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 23, 2013.

1. Sergio

Sergio Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    Thanks alot JonasBeckman.

2. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
    After patch even on high texutres I have this....

[​IMG]

Reinstalled game, deleted Dying Light folder in my documents...

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Is that not what running out of vram looks like?

lower the resolution and see if it does the same

4. fisher6

fisher6 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GTX 4GB
    It seems that nothing has any impact on FPS for me except view distance which cuts my FPS in half at 100% outside. I'm getting 50 FPS+ but it seems that it randomly drops to 40 something. Anyone else experiencing this? Running with the latest patch.

5. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
    Same, 1600x900, medium/hig textures... Not working
    I have 14h of gameplay with no problem on high textures, (had problems on medium from start) and now this...

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    That was fast, worth the wait:)

EDIT: what, so now max view slider 100% = old 55%? I used 15steeps that's 80%? old and it looked settled with 60fps, sucks if its max 55% now -_-

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    You can still manually set it to what you want though

They put it too high to begin with, all you need to see is all the idiots on the steam forums singing praises to see that the masses don't notice or don't care.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Ok just checked original config and its 3.60 atm, will keep at that then :)

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Weather effects looks kinda nice ingame, especially with that moving foliage.

[​IMG]

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    The water however, god damn that looks awful.

11. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    i agree that the water looks like its a game from 2001 or something.
    the rest looks nice.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Sorry but why on earth do people think this game looks nice graphically?

It is a total mess, brown on top of brown does not go with brown.

The lighting is the ONLY thing it has going for it as it does look nice but only when its literally blinding you in the face.

The game has stupid Chromatic Aberration, horrible motion blur, and gimped performance on literally all rigs at launch (dat view distance yo that makes no difference on low or high!). A CPU bug thrown in for good measure.

Now onto gameplay, there is consistent clipping when free running his arms and hands will go through buildings. Melee combat is clunky and aiming is a joke, why they got rid of the individual aiming at each limb from Dead Island is beyond me!

All the bad reviews are more than justified.

13. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    Boost the digital vibrance in ctrl panel works wonders and drop the in game gamma down 4 clicks makes a huge difference.
    Running it with DSR at 2K gets rid of jaggies too but textures will have to be set to medium(same as high but without the preloading)
    Get rid of the grain.
    Game looks stunning for me now and always stays above 60fps average around 80.

14. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    game isn't a mess at all.

graphics are nice in general, melee is improved and upgraded over Dead Island, performance is fine for me. those bugs \ stuff can be fixed in the next
    several patches.. like many of the games today that released with various problems.
    also the good reviews are justified. the game itself is fun and original..
    they made a good job bringing a zombie game combined with free-running.
    expect for the water graphics looks way more than the average game.
    its not Crysis 3 but it looks very nice.

15. darrensimmons

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    You can set your lod to prepatch by using 8.26 8.26 but remember to write protect it.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, by no means a pretty looking game at all and Id go as far to say that its worse than FC2 and whats up with the zombies? They look look as though someone has tagged over them with black spray paint, they all copy and paste skins also.

Anyway, the updates method of just lowering the maximum Distance allowed seems pretty cheap, but seems fair enough considering that ver1.0 low to high didnt make much of a difference as far as detail goes. It was probably set too high to begin with. Great that they fixed the cpu problems.

Been playing on the ps4. Not really my kind of game, but if you're into zombies (they just bore the f out of me personally) then this will be right up your alley. Its great that you can pretty much climb up and onto anything, imo, this should be standard by in any game (excluding moments where it goes against plot/story elements).

I really want to play with sweetfx with this though for some reason. Get rid of that brown and replace it with that look that some zombie movies have of....um.. clear sky, fresh morning but look at all the chaos going on if that makes sense. Will pick this up for pc on the cheap.

Imaging what enb could do with this.

Also, if anyone is having trouble with vysnc/triple buffering locking to half their refresh rate, when in game, try pressing Windows key + L (log off) and then log back in (it should just go straight back to the game). I cant remember where i read this or why it may work, but I think that it was a working solution vs having to change to window mode then back to fullscreen or alt+tabbing.

Edit: Going by patch notes, is it just me or does it seem like when they ported this to the pc, they only tried it on the pc they were working on with porting and once it was up and running they sent it to print without trying it on any other system config at all.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  17. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Anyone have a save game around 20-38% story progression they can upload?

18. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I was able to get 6K and 8K shadows working, as well as changing the view distance as some of your have done. I'm going to test to see what the limit is.

The shadow map resolution and the sun shadows take a big hit on performance though.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  19. darrensimmons

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    I had this. Delete the video and audio files in documents/dyinglight/settings and let the game create new ones. This fixed it for me.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    this game should including food and water consumption . like fallout Vegas did way. a hardcore mode.

just saying. lazy devs. game is not OLD SCHOOL enough :(