Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 23, 2013.
May be Steam > Dying Light properties > Beta tab at a guess?
That option has been enabled since it was available. The OSD works in every other 64bit game I have. I'll mess around with it some more when I get home from work.
The tab that requires an access code to unlock the beta?
Exactly. I know a guy from Techland. He gave me that code to give it a try.
Anyway, the update is released now.
1.2.1 patch notes (Windows & Linux)
• numerous performance optimizations, both general and configuration-specific, that resolve many performance problems
• compatibility fixes – related to language and regional system settings
• fixes a number of crashes in various situations
• blocked cheating by changing game’s data files
• new issue tracking mechanisms (-safemode switch, additional logs, minidumps always, full dumps on request)
• numerous audio compatibility fixes
• Bug fixing:
o resolved disappearing inventory in a save game in specific circumstances
o resolved blocked using of items after breaking reloading of shooting weapon
o removed weapon duplication glitch of throwable weapons
o limited camera field of view on cutscenes when in-game FOV set to other than default
o lowered frequency of docket availability information
KNOWN ISSUES WE ARE WORKING ON:
• performance issues of systems based on the AMD processor
• freezes when using Nvidia DoF
• unsatisfactory performance on multi-GPU systems
1.2.1 Linux specific patch notes:
• added keyboard support for unicode characters
• fixed crashes (when unplugging game PAD controller, on landing movie)
• fixed primary weapon HUD selection via mouse controller
• fixed input system performance (along with mouse wheel)
• fixed v-sync in windowed mode
• fixed fullscreen support
• fixed game process priority
• fixed water reflection
• fixed in-game menu map background
• fixed characters faces morphing (chatters)
• fixed missing (yellow) materials, i.e. sense mode, bushes, rocks
KNOWN LINUX ISSUES WE ARE WORKING ON:
• the game does not launch on some systems (i.e. Linux Mint)
• the game does not work with Radeon cards
• some rendering/OpenGL performance issues
• too intense blur effect
Looks like the game was updated.
EDIT: Seems I also completely missed that part of K-Putt's reply.
There goes the current mod support I guess, depends on what was changed.
Ah right...well maybe the person who mentioned the beta patch can share the access code? Pretty please!
Nice, good thing i didnt rush into game before fix's.
View distance 100% no framerate drop Good job!
In case anyone else is having this issue with freezing and cut scenes being broken, it turned out to be Nvidia DOF that was causing the issue. Turned it off and now there's very little stuttering.
New patch made the game way smoother. The second area feels so much better.
So is this 13 MB patch now officially released then?
How much of a difference does it make to performance? Anyone else with a single GTX 980?
Saw someone post that 100% View Distance is now = 25% pre patch. Or something like that.
Might be possible to solve that since you can set view distance manually in the video.scr config file, 100% in game corresponds to a value of 8.60 if I remember correctly.
(I just set the value to 10.00 to round it off.)
Yep sure did, game no longer reads extracted files besides the two config files for video and audio.
With this settings my FPS dont drop bellow 30...
Here is some gameplay...
I would love to lower textures to medium and shadows to medium BUT I have problem! With medium textures game looks fine but what is this on some places?!
Also medium textures, no problem:
Yea, 100% = 2.6 now
no patch downloaded for me
and I had steam running all morning. and even restarted steam.
edit: after verifying files. it updated.
There's also a new very high shadow setting, though I wouldn't put it past it just being the old high and the rest now being lower.
Since they fiddled with the view distance slider.
But, cpu usage is more even now.
Before the patch 2.60 = 55% (1 notch up from default), so the new patch 100% would be 55% pre-patch.
So the new patch 50% is a heck of a lot lower than the pre-patch 50%, not good at all.
Not sure what else changed but VRAM usage with everything maxed is down to 2.6GB whereas before I was always around 3.6GB