1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Techland Announce Dying Light (PS3/360/PC/PS4/XBOXONE)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 23, 2013.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    get the PS4 version too :D

plays lag free, stutter free, loading times r like seconds. and plays 30 fps constant? probably. so good !

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Nice review :) Think I'll pick this game up on a sale or something. I got the Dead Island games too but never bothered to play them more than 1hr. Not sure it's my cup of tea.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    THE way of gaining Xp is satisfying. run clim jump and make combos of these? u get more xp of that ...what was it damn forgot skill :D...

anyway. i wodner why would we buy Dead Island 2 this time? i mean this game pleasures me..what about dead island 2 will be about anyway?

and is this game open ended? u guys confirm this? or game plus?

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I may end up doing that anyway as, don't tell anyone this, [whispers] but I actually found Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on PS4 to be far superior experiences than they were on my PC because they ran so smoothly. Far Cry 4 also has better anti-aliasing too and less shimmering in motion. The PC version stutters and feels generally less smooth and even when capped to 30 fps it just feels horrible compared to the 30 fps of the PS4 version. I know it shouldn't but it does. My PS4 only has a 5,400 rpm hard drive as well compared to the fast 7,200 rpm ones I use for games in my PC. :3eyes:

I was wondering if Dying Light was the same? It certainly looks to be from the YouTube videos and Eurogamer.net reports that the game runs pretty much at a locked 30 fps with some very rare screen tearing.

I am going to try capping the PC version at 30 fps to see how that plays and whether it fixes the irritating juddering that I'm experiencing, which is very noticeable when turning. I am using the Xbox One controller though as I do not personally like using digital keys for movement but I may try the key and mouse to see if the issue is still present with those.

5. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I've been mostly sticking to the rooftops, view distance at 100% actually reduces GPU usage (indicating cpu bottleneck). 75% view distance + rest high, motion blur, grain, nvdof off nets 50fps mostly, with cpu bottleneck drops to 44fps. Needs a multithreading patch pretty badly.

Also game crashes sometimes at loading screen lol.

Still havent cleared the prologue, have to arm the cards. I usually hit metal on a roof top then jump down from the other end to avoid zombies. I feel the zombie density could use a buff in some areas. Its funny if they spot you from a roof top they try to jump towards you (only to terribly fall down).

6. berkos

berkos Master Guru

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    i agree 30fps locked on pc seems not as smooth as 30 on a console, i experienced that with DL and ps4.maybe frame pacing gets weird after the cap, maybe its the tv i don't know.

7. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I believe its down to the viewing distance. When you sit further away, you'll be less able to perceive low fps. When you are up and in on it, you'll notice the differences between frames more clearly, particularly in fast motion.

8. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    I feel I should put this out when I say that devs really have to look into possibilities of acquiring engines from Unreal and Crtytek ,because devs have shown us that they do not want to take the unnecessary burden of working with 'threads' which would result in better Core utilization but which requires top notch programming skills and is time consuming ,and only Crytek with their Cryengine have been able to work out threading issues (not sure about Unreal). Best way to would be Us USERS screaming out that this form of treating games HAS to STOP.

Proof:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ7eOUA-5VY

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  9. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960M
    Seems like a really fun game if it wasn't for the enormous FPS issues because it only uses 1 core at max.

Not even TB can get constant 60fps with his 5930K and GTX 980 SLI. Which is just disgusting to me. Not to mention sketchy SLI scaling.

Oh well there is still time for patches.

10. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    The game interests me but not enough to deal with performance issues, I guess I'll grab it in the Winter sale when it's fixed :D

11. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 4G Gaming @1500
    how you have 2800 vram myu gpu leaks ram i get to the 4000th

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Vram allocation. I'm playing it on High textures with 3GB GPU and never had any stutter. Usage goes high as 2.9 in same cases but its smooth.

13. dave6479

dave6479 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3
    Only just found out from the Steam forum it can be played with the Oculus Rift DK2, very similar activation as what Alien Isolation was. Just tested it out and sure does show some good potential in VR.

14. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    This game is fun. Not great, but fun for sure. So far I get good performance. The only major drops I get are when those zombies who shoot the flem bombs explode on my face. For some reason the flem or puss on the screen causes frame drop. I'm sure it iwill be fine after patches.

15. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    i just don't get it.

the game is ok in terms of optimization. i mean its not as bad as some of
    you are posting.. its far better than Unity, FC4 and Watch Dogs when they
    first came out. just give the game a patch or two.. and still as it is right now
    its very playable.

i get it that some guys are paying for a game and expect 60 stable frames
    when using SLI or CF but still.. this game is playable, and frames are ok.

im using a single 970 with i5 3570 and im very happy with the performance
    and image quality on 1080. playing with v sync on, all on maximum and only
    shadow map to medium, stable 50-60 fps with the latest nvidia driver. just
    wait for a patch or two if you insist playing with zero problems..
    the game is a leap compared to Dead Island in every aspect.

some fps drops here and there wont kill the game for me. its acceptable.

16. bwat47

bwat47 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Its because we are still in the middle of an awkward generation shift. the very extended lifetime of the previous gen consoles, combined with the very different architecture of the next gen consoles resulted in pc gpu's taking too long to catch up in regards to vram amounts. we have games being designed with a large pool of unified vram in mind, and pc gpu's that while being much more powerful, have much smaller amounts of vram.

The stagnation of the DX11 api has also had ill effects, its taken microsoft way too long to get serious about multicore optimization.

Once budget hardware fully adapts to this generation's paradigm shift, and if dx12 is anywhere near as good as promised for multicore optimization things will begin to level back out.

also, this game is mostly cpu bottlenecked, and I have a 3 year old locked i5 processor, so my rig isn't quite as beastly as you make it out to be ;)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  17. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb
    in theory with dx 11 the bottleneck will always be the main thread where most of the work is being done, mantle and dx 12 fix those issues to a degree

18. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    -use timer resolution/hypermatrix
    -lower prerendered frames @NvCP panel
    -lower mouse report rate settings (less precision gives better feeling @30fps)
    -turn off MSAA/TXAA
    -use Nv inspector of caping your games (V-sync introduces HUGE lag)

With these settings I can play @30 fps without problems:)

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Climbing to top of radio tower to get little collectible.

Player joins half way through, I get to the top, then he joins.

Ask, how do you climb back down btw (since as far as i've seen it's just a case of controlled drops).

Then he hits a gas tank at the top of the tower, explosion throws me off.

Back to singleplayer to kick him.

Game is impressing me with the quality of idiots in coop so far.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    lol :D

i laughed at this more than i should :D