Techeads !

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Techheads !

And you all know who you are.

In recent weeks we have had the discussion regarding the Guru3D.com IRC channel. I've made myself very clear at that time that Guru3D.com would not support it.

After that statement I noticed that with the help of sigs, and what not, users from Guru3d.com where kinda lured onto the TH channel. Again I was quite clear that I'm not too fond of that method.

Weeks ago I already had to find out the hard way that some of you guys PM other users and invite them to the channel. Again against my wishes.

Today I had to find out that TH started a forum, I visited it and had to find out it is shaped like Guru3D.com and purely being run by members of this community only which was quite a harsh kick in my face to be honest. I find that so disrespectful.

Everyone in that forum has been tagged and is now on my ****list. If I notice anything ever again from techheads he/she is gone from this site without any warning or a chance to come back.

Stop wasting my time, and stop being so ****ing annoying !

You all have 24 hours to change your sigs. PM's are now filtered and will be tagged when techead or IRC is in them.

2. serAph

serAph Guest

I would like to apologize to you for your hard feelings, and would like to interject that, despite going to 4 or 5 other similar forums to guru, and even taking a very very small part in the "techeads" forum, I still have never felt more at home anywhere on the net than right here - and my concurrent participation here speaks the same words. Techeads or not, everyone involved is still a guru at heart, I assure you. The last thing me, or the people involved in creating techeads (which originally was simply an irc chatroom) wanted to do was to a.) offend anyone - especially @ guru or b.) act in any way like there was even a shread of affiliation with guru in any way, shape, or form.

I've already corrected my sig, and I shall not mention another word about it from here on.

3. a k i

a k i Guest

i would like to object, we have not publicly announced any type of retribution at lease not till now that im pissed off

4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Are you two 9yr olds or what?It's his quarter running this place and if you don't like the rules then leave or pm him and discuss it.Posting all over the place(spam) just shows your imaturity.

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    :ban: :gta:
    Perhaps if you'd been mature and talked about it, I might have sympathy. Insead, you've spammed up the forums, that a really lame way to go about things.

6. David

David Guest

i hate spammers who dont post spam in the spam thread lol.

7. a k i

a k i Guest

a PM? of course we did but someone been reading our PM and was mad over the fact that we were talking about it over PM

8. David

David Guest

so you act like five year olds and have a tantrum all over the boards? very childish.

9. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    wtf is going on :confused:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2003
  10. Falcon

Falcon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 7800gtx X2
    "if there were any objections against our actions then it could be spoken about, we had taken off links but one person, the owner of the forum had a link to his site had it. If Hilbert wanted it gone just ask it will be done, but i guess he is tired of our underground movement so he just basically tagged us members. Although extremely few of us speak off techeads openly, at lease sense techeads was announced to not be affiliated with guru probably one or two at most was not aware of this and accidentally spoken of this. I find this very hard to effect the entire community of this forum, i would agree that it is disrespectful to an extent but nothing to be taken as radically as your comments. I'm not even sure what you take us as, i take full responsibilty for what i did. I assure you that Techeads always had a ear open for trouble and tried as much possible as we could to aviod breaking your rules. There was a slip up nothing that cannot be fixed. We are glady willing to follow your rules on this subject but i cannot respect the reasoning that you have based your idea on tagging us and judging our forum. I have spammed along with Nasa both of us take blame for this and i am sure we deserve no respect for it. Lastly i would like to state that Techeads was not a threat."
    -a k i
    " Hello Guru3D. I just spammed the hell out of all of the major threads here in the forums with "Long Live Techeads" propaganda. While you may see this as a childish, cowardly act, it was intended to represent how we didn't respect what Hilbert said about the alleged connection between Guru and Techeads. Let me say this for the last time: Techeads had/ has NOTHING to do with Guru3D.com at all. We made this clear to Hilbert, and he somewhat understood. To Hilbert: Teaheads never had anything to do with Guru. It was the brain child of a few members and was an idea to have a central place where we could all culminate and chat in a spam-free, flame free real-time environment. We did not militarily force Guru members to join. Selectively, we would use the PM system of these boards to ask if a member wanted to join or not. If they declined, we did nothing further."
    -nasa15

11. David

David Guest

ok will SOMEONE explain WTF techeads is/are?

12. MizuChi

MizuChi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7800GTX 256MB @470/1300
    at first it`s just an irc channel set up by some people from this forum.. lately a forum has been set up.. in a way the forum is a lot like guru3d..

13. David

David Guest

ok martys web has made a post in the general forum. no more talk of teacheads.

14. serAph

serAph Guest

i am crazy to speak at this point, but I insist that after what mizu just said, I would like to point something out.

The original name of the forum was "pc guru."

We in techeads insisted that the name be changed - thats who we were - techeads, not copycats, not people who wanted to hurt guru at all. The forum was something we did with our spare time with very little intention of doing anything near "rivaling" Guru3D. The thing Hilbert saw was seen completely out of context.

I stick to the decision of my peers, though I wish not to go out with a ban. I apologize for their actions, and I leave with them. Farewell...

~ The serAph

15. Incognito

Incognito Guest

Wow, losing a couple of long time members over this incident...it's a shame to see this happening. Anyway, farewell to the people that are choosing to leave the forums.

16. David

David Guest

What did I say? Consequences Consequences.

17. Drumphil

Drumphil Master Guru

GPU:
    Bitchin'fast!3D 2000
    so, are they banned for spamming or for making a forum that looks like this.. Heck, the guru 3d, nvnews and rage3d forums have allmost identical formats.. Nearly the same sections and section names. Basically the same mechanisms for getting things done.. If you changed the gfx around most people wouldn't notice the difference between them at first sight..

So, just after some clarification.. Did they copy the GFX here.. They can't have copied the layout cause thats not exclusive to guru3d anyway.. So can someone explain exactly what they did apart from running their own forum.. Would the people who run rage3d get banned for having a competing forum?? Anyways just wanna know exactly what the issue was.. Was it just their spamming here?
    Some of the people that hang out at rage3d run a site called elitebastards.. Lots of us from rage3d go there, and they post interesting stuff that come up in their forums if they think people at rage3d might wanna read it.. We have no problems whatsoever.. I'm a member of rage3d, nvnews, guru3d and elitebastards.

18. nm+

GPU:
    old
    It would be spamming, they spammed up every forum with like 50 odd posts saything the same thing

19. Drumphil

Drumphil Master Guru

GPU:
    Bitchin'fast!3D 2000
    so there is no problem with the techeads forum, they just got banned for spamming here?? Is that correct.

20. nm+

GPU:
    old
    All I know is the immedate cause of banning was spamming the forums with one line posts that said techeads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.