Teams

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by Falcon, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Falcon

Falcon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 7800gtx X2
    What do you guys think if the Clan separated into 2 different teams? The use of teams will make clan matches and practices more fun due to the nature of some friendly competition. Within each team you can hold practices to better individual skills and participation as a team. This should get all members playing more often with each other in the clan, and provide some motivation to kick the other team’s azz. You can still practice and play along with other members in the clan too that is what being a clan is about. Then after a certain amount of time and practice both teams can decide upon a good date to have a match. The match will be a friendly competition between the two teams, so you can utilize teamwork and skills you have built up and try to defeat the opposing team. Remember that the more you practice the better you will become. After the match we can either continue to keep the same teams, make small adjustments, or create new teams entirely. This will allow for more group participation and activity within the clan which is what we are aiming for. Plus the use of teamwork will better everyone’s skills and help out in the event of another clan match.

So what do you guys think? As for the teams we can decide that sometime soon as it can be tricky to divide things up evenly, yet while still be on the same team as your closer friends. All those with suggestions or ideas feel free to post them here, I and everyone else would be glad to hear them.

Just another note, we will be using cs 1.5 because cs 1.6 is still a BETA and not everyone has it installed. When the official cs 1.6 comes out we will transition to it though. If all your team does have steam 2.0 and the cs 1.6 beta, you still can practice using cs 1.6 but don't get too use to the Famas, and the Galil
    :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2003
  2. SiS 6326

SiS 6326 Master Guru

GPU:
    MicroStar Geforce4 Ti4200 64MBDDR
    sounds great, think it'll help the clan alot. better teamwork, better players and so on. dont have any suggestions for the teams yet, since i dont know how most of u play

keep the clan alive

3. Falcon

Falcon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 7800gtx X2
    Ok guys, this is how the teams will be set up. I and a few others decided it would be best if we broke the teams up into North America vs World. This will make it easier for members of the same team to practice, because it eliminates a huge time zone rift. I found that the teams split up this way are fair too.

North America:
    Falcon
    Gta86
    HighVoltEdge
    KFleshman
    Lone_Ranger42
    Paris
    Synaps

World:
    CaptainStarMac
    Detonate
    ee92as
    Headshot
    Sis 6326
    Starving
    Threexone
    Tonesav
    Unreal

If anyone has any complaints or comments feel free to leave a message. This should be suitable for all practical purposes. I feal that the teams are well balanced, but if you have any suggestions feel free to ask.
    :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  4. GTa86

GTa86 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 7850
    can we sort out who's like really active and what not...some of em..i dun even see in guru much....

5. ParisAngelus

ParisAngelus Maha Guru

Hush up....I am around....just quiet.

6. starving

starving Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3D Radeon X850
    great idea..
    have been quite idle playing online latly, but playing online now..

7. SyNaPs

SyNaPs Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9700 AIW Pro
    Let me know when team North America schedule for practice.
    I'm a little rusty in CS, been caugh up in RavenShield Demo.

[Edit], Who will be hosting the official match? My consern is one team will have a ping advantage over the other. We may want to consider two designated host, one in North america the other in the World team and alternate the hosts.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  8. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Seems exelent to me, though, it's true what synaps is saying.. I ping really bad to ur server falcon, and the us in general (200ish)
    So, if we here in europe could find some one to host a server, that would be gr8..

9. lone_ranger42

lone_ranger42 Master Guru

GPU:
    gforce4 mx440
    sounds like a good idea, name the time for practice and ill be there.

10. SyNaPs

SyNaPs Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9700 AIW Pro
    I hope we have a connection thats able to support roughly 20 gamers.

11. Falcon

Falcon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 7800gtx X2
    We'll see.

And headshot, ant might be able to set up his server for people over there. (yes I know the capacity isn't too great, but it will do the trick)

12. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    Somebody's just gotta let me know time and place as I'm not in the clan section all that often. lol

13. Falcon

Falcon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 7800gtx X2
    I was just listing off people that play cs and are in North America that I know.

14. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    Put it this way... the US will have a better ping than us (world), so either we moan like little girls (*puts hand up.. thats my excuse) or we just play better and whip these little muppets on a regular basis !!

RE my server. I can put it up for a praccy, but remember that 1) its max of 5, and 2) other people use my connection and it can get laggy.

15. SyNaPs

SyNaPs Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9700 AIW Pro
    And Canadians.. You gotta watch for us to :D :canada:

16. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    heh.. sorry i do forget that sometimes. Usually do it to wind you all up.
    Anyway, dont have to watch for you.. i just have to watch your bodies drop to the ground. Prolly just after the US, as it takes a little longer to hike over the Rockies to deal with ya !! :p

17. fahad

fahad Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Albatron Geforce4 Ti4200 128MB/Hitachi CML174B
    headshot could take care of the moaning...:D j/k

but i do like the idea...even though i dont play, it could really make the clan active.

ill buy hl one of these days and join up!:)

18. ParisAngelus

ParisAngelus Maha Guru

Yeah well you all will just have to let me know so i can get some practice with you all.

19. GTa86

GTa86 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 7850
    this sounds like it will be tons of fun...!!!
    w00t!!!:D

20. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Let's play, and we'll see who's moaning!! :biggun: :bash: :whip::D