TeamGroup To Embrace Chia with T-Create Expert mining SSD series

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 4, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Lebon30

Lebon30 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680
    Kind of "mission failed" with the existance of this product? It's not a special ASIC per-se but was built on-purpose for farming this coin...

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Disgusting development.

Neo Cyrus, Keitosha and GeniusPr0 like this.
  4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    It was sheer luck that I happened to buy a 2TB SSD for my server last month. I was considering waiting, thinking "hmm, maybe prices will drop". Wow was I wrong.

5. I_Eat_You_Alive

I_Eat_You_Alive Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    CHIA will be a memory before this drive gets a 3rd of the way through its read/write limit. TC is going to have issues with the 12 years warranty; 11 years and 11 months from now someone is going to RMA it and there will be no replacement available. Besides 12 years from now we will be on pure optical tech and a PCIe NVMe drive will be an antique. Being a Gen3x4 drive is really going to limit its appeal to customers were speed is all that matters; If it was Gen4x4 I would consider getting 2 dozen 2tb drives to build a long term storage SAN.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Most won't need nor see the advantage of a high speed long term storage.
    TBW is more the selling point than the 12 years warranty, 12 years is kind of crazy thinking controller though, also is a slap in the face to manufacturers like GALAX.
    So if the price is right they won't have problems selling these drives, both to CHIA miners as average consumers.

Not sure if I would recommend such a drive over 4-8TB SATA SSD's for average usage though.
    For pure speed there are better options available, with a warranty that should be enough for any none excessive use, the day those drives fail they will most probably already be in another machine since they got replaced by something even faster.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    TeamGroup tells Galax to "eff off, we'll take the mining business! Muwhahhahaha"

9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Will buy ASAP some SSD, I'll regret if not. I am late already.
    Bought some HDD NAS drives...(hides bank statement) so funds are a bit flakey now, but I'll reconsider.