1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Guru3D Is Now 46th In The WORLD! {Fold On...}

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by iancook221188, May 13, 2010.

1. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    with the older client you used to able to use Environment Variables to get ATI cards to fold as fast without the CPU hogging but that was when F@H used GROMACS / CAL for folding on ATI GPU's it's all OpenCL now and EV's no longer work which is a bummer really I got my GPU's CPU usage down to a meager 10%

2. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    (.)an X
    I find this whole folding thing funny, you guys waste your money to beat cancer but unfortunately by the time you crack it, you'll have used so much power and caused so much global warming that we'll all be 10ft underwater anyway!

iancook221188 - I think your time would be much better spent learning to write English correctly, it will serve you better in the long run!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  3. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    two things **** off and im dyslexic and that is half the reason that i don't post as much as i would want to

4. Kaktus

Kaktus Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 785O OC 2GB
    haha, are you for real? Your pc is using just as much power as ours, so your actually contributing just as much to your so called global warming issue.. :flip:

haha, oh the irony. :nerd:

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Enjoy your infraction, what a totally unnecessary insult.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Forget him....he's a useless tard. If he can't read and comprehend your posts, that's his problem not yours. The rest of us appreciate the effort you make to help others.

7. iancook221188

GPU:
    thx sykozis i go to quite a few forum and it a pane to try and put down what you want sometimes but this is the first forum that I started posting in and it still is only one of a few that i do. im not going to go to that much effort to justify why we fold to him :flip:it would be very difficult. fold on and fold what you can when you can:rock:

8. iancook221188

GPU:
    back into 49th now but team ppd has seem to taken a hit over the last few days

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I'm doing a rebuild tonight when my new case arrives.....if all goes well, I'll fire it up with the GT640 and GTX560Ti installed (since it hasn't sold yet) and let it run 2xGPU and SMP8. If temps stay within an acceptable range, I'll let it go for a few days to get a little extra PPD...can't let it run full time though until finances are taken care of.

10. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    Waaaahoooo!! We beat BYU!
    That was a personal goal of mine. (don't ask) ;)

As for the team hitting a low PPD lately, it looks like it's been a trend for some time now.
    Before, I could almost pinpoint it to new nVidia driver set releases, but this is just a downward spiral that doesn't seem to have a reason.

For instance, my own total PPD average right this minute is 94,800, and my total in the last 24 hours is 48,000... this is a full HUNDRED THOUSAND points less than what I was getting a week ago.
    I haven't updated any drivers, I haven't changed anything, but everything seems to be going downhill on a personal PPD note... and here's the strangest part:
    Of all of my individual clients (45 in total, 25 minimum), they're ALL still running.

That says to me that every client I have is pulling really low PPD WUs. I've gone from pushing 180K PPD in a day to 48K and only have 2 local machines that I can physically check.

So it's not just me though - it's obvious that Guru3D is feeling the effects in a broader sense.

The only thing I've done locally is update my client on these two computers to 7.3.4, and that didn't change my actual output at all... that means that the other 23 computers that are currently running are ALL on 7.3.2, and ALL of them must be pulling really low PPD WUs.

Anyway, I hope it picks up soon!
    And on the other note, it sure feels good to be PAST BYU!!!!! :)

Psychlone

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    it seems some members have stopped folding lately....

12. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    I've noticed that too - as per my "user overtake" list on EOC and looking back, most of the slots I passed were producing nothing at all.

I do find it interesting that for a while, I thought I really could pinpoint a new nVidia driver release by the amount of jumps in certain people's PPD (daily, not average) - I'm still not sure if what I was seeing was due to the timing of the releases, or if it was just coincidental though.

Psychlone

13. iancook221188

GPU:
    hmm any one have any idea what happened to the gpu2 client can't get any work on my 260 are they finally down and out

14. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader Staff Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti
    The servers are down (http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23759). Not sure if it is permanent or not.

15. iancook221188

GPU:
    thx Panther

16. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader Staff Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti
  17. iancook221188

GPU:
    48th again, well done team keep it up

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    We're in 47th spot right now and making some headway towards #46. It's slow progress, but progress none the less.

19. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    I'm just waiting to put waterblocks on my babes and I'll be roaring 24/7 again.

As I always say, FOLD FOLD FOLD :banana:

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I don't have time for water....but folding away I am. I'll be shutting down later to reseat the VGA heatsink so I'll be down about an hour tonight.